Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Dublin Stabbings  (Read 4806 times)

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
Re: Dublin Stabbings
« Reply #15 on: 25 November 2023, 10:16:15 »

And saves next to no time
Laying a rubber road.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 25 November 2023, 12:00:13 »

I said right from the start a complete & utter waste of money, as usual plenty of contractors got some nice backhanders for doing sweet f**k all.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 25 November 2023, 14:35:18 »

Since the year 2000, the population of the Republic of Ireland has increased from 3 million to 5 million !
Thats a hell of an increase.  :o
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 25 November 2023, 14:50:49 »

Since the year 2000, the population of the Republic of Ireland has increased from 3 million to 5 million !
Thats a hell of an increase.  :o
Nowhere else for them to go?

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 25 November 2023, 16:46:37 »

Thats a hell of an increase
:o

66.66%.

Not really Ireland any more. But even more diversity and inclusion is apparently for the best. :-X

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 25 November 2023, 18:18:12 »

Isn't it a fact that there are more Irish citizens living overseas than in the Republic itself?  ???
Mostly parked up along the route of HS2, as plenty of stuff to nick hoping for work.

Hence Brakkers council had to blow its budget on anti gypo defences, and farmers had to block all open gateways with scrap cars.  Just so we can waste money on a stupid train line that not even the most enthusiastic train spotter can say is needed.
Speaking of which; We're very isolated here, a farm with a few holiday cottages. Just took the dog out for his evening crap, have to take a torch because there's no street lighting and it's pitch black. Came across a blue transit with the engine running parked up by the side of the road. Fella comes out of a gate, stays hello, jumps in the passenger seat and the van drives off. So there were at least two of them.
It didn't feel right so I phoned the owner of the farm, took a few minutes to connect cause there's hardly any signal. Of course she knew nothing about anyone being out there and, coincidentally, there's a bit of a fair in Kirkbymoorside about a mile away.
So, you're not safe from the bastards anywhere, and I suppose I should consider myself lucky they didn't take a fancy to the dog. I haven't told the missus, as she lives in a world where such things don't happen out in the peaceful countryside.
Diesel till I die

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 25 November 2023, 20:57:22 »

Had two of them in a Transit come on site at work a couple of weeks ago. Told me in their best Limerick accents that they thought they were at Murphys place.  ::) ;D
We have building work in progress and they were no doubt hoping to pinch tools etc. but they didnt get anything.
Two legged rats.  :-X
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 26 November 2023, 10:31:09 »

I used to work shifts at one of my last jobs, 25 years. We machined brass, ali, copper, bronzes, magnesium, (that was interesting at times :D) and other expensive alloys 
 too, which produced a fair amount of valuable swarf and offcuts. Often got the buggers around late in the evening, asking if we had any brass or bronze to "pack the bearings for their electric motors".  ::) Needless to say they were politely asked to fack off. In the end, all the high value stuff was stored inside the workshop as one night it was taken from the so called secure bins.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 26 November 2023, 11:11:39 »

Back when I did a real job, we used to have them come into the yard and brazenly nick all the copper.  So we used to lock them in and call the old bill.

Old bill, pissed that we'd disturbed their doughnut runs, used to let them go with no more than a verbal warning....    ....then get even more pissed when we called them back an hour later, and again, and again. It was a daily thing for weeks.

In the end, the old bill started to threaten us for imprisonment of the gypos due to locking them in the compound, and suggested we should let them take what they want and claim it on insurance.
Grumpy old man

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 26 November 2023, 11:17:05 »

.. and this is the root of the problem. The Police refuse to do their job, hold their noses and deal with the vermin.

One of them damaged Emma's car in her work car park. Usual vehicle - transit tipper, no doubt with no tax, mot or insurance.

He'd called into several other units on the site asking for scrap, and left a business card. We had CCTV of him damaging the car, which clearly showed the vehicle registration number and the driver's face.

This was all presented to the Police who were "unable to trace" him, apparently.  >:(
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 26 November 2023, 12:16:29 »

.. and this is the root of the problem. The Police refuse to do their job, hold their noses and deal with the vermin.

One of them damaged Emma's car in her work car park. Usual vehicle - transit tipper, no doubt with no tax, mot or insurance.

He'd called into several other units on the site asking for scrap, and left a business card. We had CCTV of him damaging the car, which clearly showed the vehicle registration number and the driver's face.

This was all presented to the Police who were "unable to trace" him, apparently>:(

Typical response (or lack of it) from the rozzers.. :-\

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 26 November 2023, 14:00:22 »

My late sister in law worked in the West Suffolk  Hospital in BSE and when one of the pikey crew were in hospital, the whole extended tribe used to gather around at visiting times and refusing to leave at the end. Hospital security and local plod were shit scared to do anything about it.
Another incident also springs to mind when SWMBO and me were up our local. A gang of them were in the pub, oddly, the women all sit at one table and the men at another. One guy lit up a cigarette and when the young lass who was duty manager asked him to put it out he made to stub into her eye. Luckily, one of the others hauled him outside and they all pissed off before the police finally arrived. Total vermin.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 26 November 2023, 14:49:55 »

Hitler had many very bad ideas, but..................... :-X ::)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 26 November 2023, 16:00:19 »

As most of you know, my Mrs is in education. I can quite confidently tell you it's not going to get better.  :-X
Diesel till I die

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 26 November 2023, 20:30:51 »

As most of you know, my Mrs is in education. I can quite confidently tell you it's not going to get better.  :-X

Any sense of normality & standards as we knew it Steve has gone & won't be returning, we are in a very sorry state & I'm glad I'm the age I am.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 23 queries.