Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Agressive Traction Control?  (Read 2162 times)

i260

• Newport, South Wales
    • View Profile
Re: Agressive Traction Control?
« Reply #30 on: 14 July 2009, 22:56:28 »

I had similar feelings about the TC, it was too agressive and the car was almost difficult to drive in the winter with the TC on. I had the ECU program updated and there was a really significant change in how the TC acts. Now it seems to be more "tolerable", does what it's supposed to but does not cut out the power too much. You should try to update your software also.
Only 2.6/3.2 are updatable, 2.5/3.0 aren't

Where in the UK would I get this update on a 2.6? Would any remapper know what to do?
Saab 9-5 Aero 260ps

kcl

• Omega Knight
  • Finland
    • Volvo V60 D4 -14
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 15 July 2009, 06:41:58 »

I had similar feelings about the TC, it was too agressive and the car was almost difficult to drive in the winter with the TC on. I had the ECU program updated and there was a really significant change in how the TC acts. Now it seems to be more "tolerable", does what it's supposed to but does not cut out the power too much. You should try to update your software also.
Only 2.6/3.2 are updatable, 2.5/3.0 aren't

Where in the UK would I get this update on a 2.6? Would any remapper know what to do?

anyone with Tech2 can do this, so it's either someone from this forum with the magic equipment or Vauxhall dealer. You might want to get your gearbox program updated at the same time  :y

KillerWatt

« Reply #32 on: 15 July 2009, 08:02:58 »

Too many idiots on the roads in a hurry when a bit of care would suffice >:( >:( >:( >:(
Spot on, that's all it's down to  :y

Ironingboard

• Intermediate Member
  • Edinburgh
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 15 July 2009, 11:29:47 »

Are the facelift ABS/TC 5.3's? If so I was under the impression that the TC can be variable, not sure if it has to be programmed to be variable but I know that some cars that used the 5.3's have a variable TC (sport, normal, etc). Anyway I've tried holding down my TC button for a few seconds on my Omega and I swear that the TC changes characteristics..... or maybe its just my foot
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 21 queries.