Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 113   Go Down

Author Topic: What has P*ssed you off today?  (Read 159791 times)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Re: What has P*ssed you off today?
« Reply #930 on: 24 August 2023, 01:11:52 »

The fact that only Sleazy do decently timed flights from any Lundun to PFO on Weds/Sun (villa changeover dates), and want £550 by the time you add hold luggage :(

And to add insult, its from LGW, which is a bit naff for us.  Anything from BHX or LTN (other airlines, as Orange don't do that) is stupidly timed, and can't find anything from East Mids.

The mistake you're making is thinking of Easyjet and Ryanair as airlines. That is not their real purpose. They're actually sophisticated sociology experiments to discover just how bad the 'service' can be made while people will still pay to use it. A side benefit is a potential source of Audi and Porsche dealer employees who are already trained to actively and publicly despise their customers.
I wouldn't tar easyJet with the Ryanair brush. They might appear to do the same thing, but they achieve it very, very differently.

All these cheap airlines are just flying buses, and I've never understood why people expect some kind of premium experience when they are paying smarties for their trip.  :-\

As far as I'm concerned, as long as the staff are vaguely pleasant, the plane gets away on time, stays in the air when it's supposed to, lands safely and my bags appear on the baggage carousel within a reasonable time, that's all I need.  ::)  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: 24 August 2023, 10:31:14 »

Bag delivery times are set by the government as a way to measure the airport performance and have nothing to do with the airline. Go past the time stamps and the handling company gets fined.
Onanists always think outside the box.

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: 27 August 2023, 01:43:22 »

MY F*****G PC AGGGGGGHH!!!

As mentioned in another thread i was overdue a re-install

Backed everything up
Copied saved interenet links yada yada
Made sure all software at hand.
Shut down PC with Windows CD ready to install
Removed my 2 working  drives (pull out caddys)

Restart booting from DVD drive to install - - - - - - PC hangs for quite a while
reboot - - - - - start the install. (custom install - delete partitition yada yada format yada

hangs at 78% >:(

start over - - all installed  - - - no network drivers in stalled >:(

Motherboard CD inserted and set up main drivers and checked device manager to check for issues.

(2 years plus since the last install)  forgetting the basics due to old age ::)

All looking good, off to Nvidea for the latest drivers , downloaded to find out  they dont work. :-X

Checked for a differnt version so tried again. and failed again.

With the old install I had a 1060 6GB GPU fitted, did a recent upgrade and doubled the RAM plus a new 4060 12GB GPU, drivers automatically updated themselves.

After multiple attempts I gave in and went off to do another full Install.  This time I used the Motherboard CD express install with just the driver options and no AV/cloud/google trash.

Succes this time and finally got the Graphics sorted.

Installed various software, updated the browsers and set off to finnish setting up online accounts like OOF/Amazon/Ebay etc.

Out came the Office setup software and for the life of me I cannot get the F****g ***thing set up, apparently items required are missing.

All my pass words are on a spreadsheet so well p*s**d off.

Never had so much agro setting up a PC

I NEED A DRINK :P ::) ::)

Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: 27 August 2023, 09:34:29 »

We let our 16 year old Grandson set up computer phone etc for us , neither of us have a clue he sorts it all in a matter of minutes 👍
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: 27 August 2023, 09:45:31 »

We let our 16 year old Grandson set up computer phone etc for us , neither of us have a clue he sorts it all in a matter of minutes 👍

I have built and installed quite a few computers over the years haveing had to learn when no one would help when I bought my Amstrad 1640 twin floppy (PMSL)(how things have changed)) but mobile phones I have allways taken the advice of a teenager as most issues they sort in seconds take me a while after having to google it.
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: 27 August 2023, 10:17:55 »

Skrunts - insert the driver CD that mobo manufacturers put in the box into the large receptacle that the council come and empty

Download the correct drivers manually, or if you CBA to do that, download the current bundle from the mobo's website, as at least that stands a chance of almost working.  The ones on supplied CDs will be way too old.

If you're lucky, just getting the network driver loaded (which should just be the standard Proset stuff from Intel, as nobody is stupid enough to by a mobo with Realtek NICs) will do, and Windows Update should do enough to get the rest "working", even if things like the graphics card need a specific nVidia/AMD driver, although both these do tend to submit their drivers to Windows Update once they have passed WHCL.

A Win10/11 build on a reasonably modern PC shouldn't take more than about 15mins for the OS, and 30mins for all the applications you might be using (with MS Office taking the bulk of the time on its own), then restoring your data (assuming you are too tight or have too much dodgy stuff not to use cloud storage).
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: 27 August 2023, 10:20:20 »

Amstrad 1640 twin floppy (PMSL)(how things have changed))
I once had a Amstrad 2086 single floppy, though it was 720kB 3.5" floppies, not the 360kB 5.25" floppies of the (excellent) PC1640.

Windows would load with just a single floppy swap....
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: 27 August 2023, 10:25:42 »

In the same vein as Skruntie, I was pissed to wake up yesterday morning to find 4 (virtual) servers, 2 Windows, 2 Linux, dead in the water due to drive corruption on one of the physical servers.  This was after losing a load of servers in the week due to an identical drive in an identical physical corrupting in the same way. FFS.

One of the Linux ones I managed to copy off elsewhere and recover, the other 3 were no go, so had to rebuild.

Of those, 1 is still going, as its trying to download 924GB to a 350GB drive, I can't see that ending too well, no matter how well it compresses ;D
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: 27 August 2023, 10:26:31 »

And those 2TB SSDs that let me down are heading straight for the council's plastic bucket outside  >:(
Grumpy old man

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: 27 August 2023, 10:32:31 »

It's always a good idea to have a spare up to date pc or laptop on stand by when attempting re-installs or for when the smoke gets out of your daily puter  ;)
and several back ups of important files .
"prepare to fail" and all that  :D

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: 27 August 2023, 10:48:32 »

Not me but my dad.

Been driving for just under 70 years (he's 84 now & I think he was 16 when he started) and he just got his first speeding ticket.

I guess that's what happens when you get a Beemer  ::)
"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: 27 August 2023, 10:59:37 »

;D That's me to a tee. If it doesn't switch on, i shout HELP. Trouble is now there's no one here to HELP.  :D

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: 27 August 2023, 11:30:15 »

I don't do enough internetty things nowadays to warrant a PC. I get by with my iPad and iPhone.
Diesel till I die

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: 27 August 2023, 12:49:46 »

I don't do enough internetty things nowadays to warrant a PC. I get by with my iPad and iPhone.

SWMBO has just got her iPad all set up so computer is now redundant, I just use my phone for everything now.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: 27 August 2023, 13:58:17 »

Me too, far less hassle👍
Laying a rubber road.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 113   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 18 queries.