Omega Help Area > Omega Electrical and Audio Help

Query about auto windows up with key

(1/2) > >>

grifter:
02 2.6 Omega (What else!)

Nothing major, just wondering why when I press the lock button in and hold that the windows don't go up as they used to do, even my old cavy does this, with the key held in lock though.

Only change to locks/key is a new key fob plastic bit, and the battery holder repaired by that guy on here.

Cheers

G

TheBoy:
Is one-touch still working from within the car? If not, reset all windows in the usual way.

If it is, its liable that your keyfob battery or buttons aren't sustaining a good connection for the 3s for the process to start.

Do they open if you hold the unlock for 3s?

Last thing to try, using the mechanical key in the drivers door lock, if you hold it in the locked position for 3s, do they start to close then?

grifter:

--- Quote from: TheBoy on 15 July 2022, 08:10:10 ---Is one-touch still working from within the car? If not, reset all windows in the usual way.

If it is, its liable that your keyfob battery or buttons aren't sustaining a good connection for the 3s for the process to start.

Last thing to try, using the mechanical key in the drivers door lock, if you hold it in the locked position for 3s, do they start to close then?

--- End quote ---

Nothing works, either in car one touch or using key in lock, windows don't move.

EDIT: Just reset each window by holding the button for respective window up for a few seconds you hear a click from the door, done this with ignition on.

Seems ok now.

Thanks

G

TheBoy:
:y

Yes, every time the car battery is disconnected (or goes flat), you have to reset the windows and sunroof so they can "learn", before such functions operate.

(Sunroof, BTW, isn't on global opening, but sure it is on Global Closing on the Omega)

Andy B:

--- Quote from: TheBoy on 15 July 2022, 08:10:10 ---....

--- End quote ---
Omega never did that .... mine didn't 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version