Chat Area > General Car Chat

New motor (finally)

(1/9) > >>

Viral_Jim:
Well, I've finally had the new disco for a sufficient period of time to be able to make a judgement. In summary, it's an extremely nice place to sit, hugely capable, oh and chuffing enormous. I've done close to 600miles in it this week and I would struggle to think of a car I'd rather do it in.

The software in it is extremely well designed as far as I can tell, inasmuch as things like lane keep assist, adaptive cruise etc are much smoother than in any other car I've had, oh and Android Auto seems to work perfectly, a genuine first IME. Really my only concern is how long it's going to last me at 20,000 miles per year, because just now I really don't want to get rid of it for a long time to come!

The engine is a much much better match for the car than the 4 pot. While you wouldn't describe it as fast (and certainly not agile!) c300 bhp and 500ft lbs is enough to be able to overtake when needed and to make effortless progress the rest of the time. Oh and it's doing a measured 35mpg (the guessometer reckons 37.5  ::)), which is impressive given the bulk it's hauling around.

I don't really have anything to criticize it for just jow and reliability has been good so far. The only issues I've found so far are 1. The sim card in the centre console keeps springing out whenever I try and poke it in ;D. Whether the clip is broken, or I'm just being ham fisted, I don't know. I will get it sorted. 2 there is a slight noise from the drivers window when it's on the way up, maybe needs some lubricant, or maybe a worn window regulator. I'll get both sorted at some point soon, but neither are an immediate priority.  :y

Gratuitous pic of the car in it's natural habitat  ;D
https://imgur.com/a/BrUykSG

Sir Tigger KC:
Very nice Jim and I'm glad your pleased with it!   :y

Varche:
Looks lovely.

Lizzie Zoom:
A lovely looking car with a great name on the bonnet 8) 8)

That will do me thinks :D :y :y

Rangie:
Great cars love mine even though it's 15 years old, don't use it to anywhere near its capabilities though. Hope it serves you well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version