Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: X20XEV P0443 Fault Code  (Read 1064 times)

iansoutham

• SE London
    • Omega 2.0 m/f/l est CDX
    • View Profile
X20XEV P0443 Fault Code
« on: 04 October 2022, 19:01:53 »

Hi guys

Managed to get the above P0443 code for “Fuel Tank Vent Valve Circuit High” appear and disappear a few times since Sunday.

Other than locating and replacing the valve and hoping it cures the code, is there any other known issues with these?

Also, where is it located? Back of head by coil pack or over by EGR equipment near PAS bottle? Only reason is that I know I have a bad oil leak from rocker cover on back drivers corner which will be getting fixed this weekend (crappy replacement gasket) and was wondering, if it is near coil pack, could oil leak be affecting it?

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: X20XEV P0443 Fault Code
« Reply #1 on: 04 October 2022, 19:10:31 »

That's aka the purge valve. Certainly on the V6 it's adjacent to the dis pack and the 135 head breather block.

I believe the location on the four pot is broadly as you describe. Rear mounted between brake servo and dis pack.

It may even be the same part as the V6.

When stripping/refitting, take time to identify and record the precise wire colours on the ECU temp sensor before you unplug anything else back there. The reason being is that it's a Bosch connector, as is the purge valve and when unplugged both plugs sit in the same place and are physically interchangeable by accident.

This is a problem because the temp sensor uses the ECU 5v reference whereas the purge valve uses 12v.

Swap them and you kill the temp sensor and the purge valve won't do anything. Both of which cause their own issues.

The
Onanists always think outside the box.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 18 queries.