Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 109   Go Down

Author Topic: What has P*ssed you off today?  (Read 135388 times)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
Re: What has P*ssed you off today?
« Reply #330 on: 06 February 2023, 15:45:28 »

HS2 train work shite has pissed me off today. The average house owner would get a massive fine for cutting down preserved trees that would be in the way of future development (I know this because a neighbour did it and got fined), but HS2 can fell a whole road full of them. That wasn’t the bit that pissed me off by the way, it was the fact that they have closed the A418 near Aylesbury at this section, which in turn prevents you getting to an alternative route. So, rather than doing a twenty mile detour I decided to double back and cut through a village…….. only to find the road closed there as well. Do these people not talk to each other. As it’s in the same county they could at least say that they will be doing work and can any pot hole fillers fill in the craters on a different date.
By the time they open the first leg, I'll definitely be dead. They way that they're working, you probably will too.
The HS2 mongrels seem to be above the laws, and when caught being naughty, get away with it.

Last year, when building a bridge (not for the track, but for their own private road), they just closed the road with no warnings, at the bridge.  This was a high load HGV route, and at the bridge was a diversion sign saying turn right down a single track lane, and then no further diversion signs.  Predictably, it all went badly wrong as 2 large vehicles approached each other, neither able to reverse as there was too much traffic following, and the ol' bill left to sort it all out.

All for yet another London to Brumingham train line that nobody will use, grrr.  Still, its only costing use a few thousand quid each to build, and a few hundred quid a year each when it opens to subsidise, assuming they can get their estimated 576,000 passengers a day.....    ::)
Diesel till I die

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: 06 February 2023, 16:10:26 »

HS2 train work shite has pissed me off today. The average house owner would get a massive fine for cutting down preserved trees that would be in the way of future development (I know this because a neighbour did it and got fined), but HS2 can fell a whole road full of them. That wasn’t the bit that pissed me off by the way, it was the fact that they have closed the A418 near Aylesbury at this section, which in turn prevents you getting to an alternative route. So, rather than doing a twenty mile detour I decided to double back and cut through a village…….. only to find the road closed there as well. Do these people not talk to each other. As it’s in the same county they could at least say that they will be doing work and can any pot hole fillers fill in the craters on a different date.
The HS2 mongrels seem to be above the laws, and when caught being naughty, get away with it.

Last year, when building a bridge (not for the track, but for their own private road), they just closed the road with no warnings, at the bridge.  This was a high load HGV route, and at the bridge was a diversion sign saying turn right down a single track lane, and then no further diversion signs.  Predictably, it all went badly wrong as 2 large vehicles approached each other, neither able to reverse as there was too much traffic following, and the ol' bill left to sort it all out.

All for yet another London to Brumingham train line that nobody will use, grrr.  Still, its only costing use a few thousand quid each to build, and a few hundred quid a year each when it opens to subsidise, assuming they can get their estimated 576,000 passengers a day.....    ::)

By the time they open the first leg, I'll definitely be dead. The way that they're working, you probably will too.

It appears to be just road laying and car parks out our way, I haven’t seen any track.  :-\ 

PS.  I’ve untangled the quote above so that it’s in order.  :y
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: 06 February 2023, 19:31:36 »

Oh dear, you poor old fellas.......
I don't own a laptop and get by quite well on an iPad and iPhone. I do everything on them.
Does that include buying cute little Kenny's?  :)

countrywoman

• worcestershire
    • skoda yeti
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: 06 February 2023, 20:10:33 »

Parcel still not come useless wazzoks

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: 06 February 2023, 20:15:38 »

Oh dear, you poor old fellas.......
I don't own a laptop and get by quite well on an iPad and iPhone. I do everything on them.
Does that include buying cute little Kenny's?  :)
Yep.
Diesel till I die

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: 07 February 2023, 09:06:09 »

It appears to be just road laying and car parks out our way, I haven’t seen any track.  :-\ 
You can't rush a good job.  Especially when you can milk the Downing Street Magic Money Tree indefinitely.

Not quite sure I grasp why they need carparks with the capacity for a hundred cars every couple of miles.  Or why they need to kerb their "temporary" construction roads, complete with safety barriers.  But why not, its all "free" money  >:(
Grumpy old man

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: 07 February 2023, 12:00:09 »

Nice moaning👍 I love it👍👌👌 ;D
Laying a rubber road.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: 07 February 2023, 23:56:42 »

You can't rush a good job.  Especially when you can milk the Downing Street Magic Money Tree indefinitely.

Not quite sure I grasp why they need carparks with the capacity for a hundred cars every couple of miles.  Or why they need to kerb their "temporary" construction roads, complete with safety barriers.  But why not, its all "free" money  >:(

Because some bloke with a Hi-Vis and a clipboard told them to. ::)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: 08 February 2023, 07:58:42 »

Seeing one of our roads within walking distance of the town centre coned off for a "calming survey" until April, utterly ridiculous. It's very wide with sixteen 1hour parking bays all now suspended I think I know where this survey is heading.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: 08 February 2023, 08:47:40 »

Not exactly pissed off with this, because nothing surprises me these days, but........The Church of England are currently debating the subject of a church gay marriage with all of the division that that entails. No biggie, for me, I'm not religious. At the end of the report was a sentence or two about the fact that the Lord's Prayer, starting off with 'Our father' is not fit for today. Some clergy are already using 'Our God' apparently.

FFS 😂😂😂😂😂😂
Diesel till I die

countrywoman

• worcestershire
    • skoda yeti
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: 08 February 2023, 10:04:19 »

Only because the bible was written by men and then corrupted by the ones in charge to control the masses.
 Pissed because it's way to cold to go fit the cambelt today, will be Sat now.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: 08 February 2023, 12:44:52 »

Not exactly pissed off with this, because nothing surprises me these days, but........The Church of England are currently debating the subject of a church gay marriage with all of the division that that entails. No biggie, for me, I'm not religious. At the end of the report was a sentence or two about the fact that the Lord's Prayer, starting off with 'Our father' is not fit for today. Some clergy are already using 'Our God' apparently.

FFS 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Shite like this really really pisses me off, why did you have to mention it Steve ? I'm off down the pub to calm down.😁
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: 08 February 2023, 13:54:23 »

Only because the bible was written by men and then corrupted by the ones in charge to control the masses.
 Pissed because it's way to cold to go fit the cambelt today, will be Sat now.

Yep and climate change is todays version of religion. 15 minute towns and cities anyone?  ???  ::)

As to old fashioned religion, I've seen a few Labour MP's say that there should be legislation to force the Church of England to conduct gay marriages. Notably the MP for the Rhondda Chris Bryant. Not sure why a Welsh MP is sticking his nose into the affairs of the Church of England?  I'd imagine there''d be outrage if an English MP stuck his nose into the Church of Wales affairs, but that's devolution for you I guess...  :-\

I don't care either way to be honest, but I do think that any move to force gay marriage should apply to all religions.

See how they get on....  :-X                                                         ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: 08 February 2023, 16:51:07 »

Aren't the C of E also debating about changing god's perceived gender to neutral? I know the bible always refers to god as a 'he' but as he has never ever existed ,only in peoples minds, what is the problem? I won't be going out in a thunder storm any time soon though.  ;D

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: 08 February 2023, 17:24:56 »

Aren't the C of E also debating about changing god's perceived gender to neutral? I know the bible always refers to god as a 'he' but as he has never ever existed ,only in peoples minds, what is the problem? I won't be going out in a thunder storm any time soon though.  ;D

Well they say that God is merciful so he must be a man.

If they'd have said that God is vengeful then she would be a woman!  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 109   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 18 queries.