Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... 110   Go Down

Author Topic: What has P*ssed you off today?  (Read 139981 times)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
Re: What has P*ssed you off today?
« Reply #375 on: 12 February 2023, 14:14:07 »

Using independent places won't make the parts any cheaper or more available.

Depends what parts we're talking about. If it's just standard brake consumables,  as it sounds like, then it absolutely will make them cheaper.
The total cost perhaps but Jag parts will cost the same.

Which of the equivalent cars(Audi, BMW etc) will actually be cheaper on service/consumable parts?

.. and anyone who's silly enough to buy genuine Jaguar parts for service/consumable bits deserves to be ripped off.  ;D

In the 3 1/2 years and 50+ K miles I've had my XE I haven't had to purchase one Jaguar part yet.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: 12 February 2023, 14:35:31 »

Depends what parts we're talking about. If it's just standard brake consumables,  as it sounds like, then it absolutely will make them cheaper.

Which of the equivalent cars(Audi, BMW etc) will actually be cheaper on service/consumable parts?

.. and anyone who's silly enough to buy genuine Jaguar parts for service/consumable bits deserves to be ripped off.  ;D

I wouldn't single out Jaguar for that; in thirty four years I've never bought service parts from a main dealer. I've a friend who insisted on genuine Mitsubishi spark plugs instead of NGKs for his newly acquired Starion. That required two lunchtime trips from Maidstone to Bromley for four very expensive plugs. Which turned out to be NGKs in Mitsubishi boxes ;D

My Omega probably had as many genuine parts on it as all the other cars I've owned put together.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: 12 February 2023, 14:42:53 »

I found the cost of a Jaguar service to be quite reasonable when the 3+ service scheme was used (available for all Jaguar 3 years and older).....I think this has now been stopped. :-\

I remember paying £199 which included several cups of posh coffee and close attention from fragrant receptionists.

Not bad for a 5 litre supercharged V8.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: 12 February 2023, 16:28:58 »

I find Merc service parts to be the same price, if not cheaper, than the local factors.  :-\

Credit where it's due that the XE has lasted so well. Although I can't believe that it's really that long now :o
Onanists always think outside the box.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: 12 February 2023, 16:53:08 »

In the 3 1/2 years and 50+ K miles I've had my XE I haven't had to purchase one Jaguar part yet.

I bet you don't admit that on the Jag forums!  :o  It's probably a bannable offence?  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: 12 February 2023, 17:44:43 »

The labour per hour at my Range Rover independent last year was £60 per hour, main dealership near me £130 per hour my indi is also a licensed breaker of Range Rovers so can save a few bob if any item required, looked after my RR for the last 3.5 years & had no issues at all does exactly what I ask of him.
« Last Edit: 12 February 2023, 17:48:01 by Rangie »
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: 12 February 2023, 17:53:42 »

I bet you don't admit that on the Jag forums!  :o  It's probably a bannable offence?  ;D

I only go to Jag forums to lob the odd granade in about doing my own oil changes with 20l drums of noname oil bought online then watch the fallout. ;D
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: 12 February 2023, 20:29:03 »

🤣🤣 I didn’t last long on the Jag forum😁😁 but I give the self-abusers hell😂😂
Laying a rubber road.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: 12 February 2023, 20:29:32 »

Bunch of pompous pricks
Laying a rubber road.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: 12 February 2023, 21:18:08 »

Heard from him today he's bought one of the last Mondeo estates some fancy name  vignale I think but its fully loaded & a guy in his village is the mechanic at the local Ford dealership so got his costs sorted, I didn't think much of the Jag either as it happens.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: 13 February 2023, 08:39:47 »

Vignale was the really posh version[of whichever model you chose-Fiesta,Focus etc]and one of the selling points was that the leather seats had been buffed using ostrich feathers ??? What difference that made or how you could tell I haven't a clue :-\

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: 13 February 2023, 08:40:47 »

Vignale was the really posh version[of whichever model you chose-Fiesta,Focus etc]and one of the selling points was that the leather seats had been buffed using ostrich feathers ??? What difference that made or how you could tell I haven't a clue :-\
Yeah, and real plastic wood trim.
Diesel till I die

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: 13 February 2023, 10:30:08 »

Yeah, and real plastic wood trim.

I'll let you know when I see it , he always returns to Fords had Mercs BMW etc etc.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: 13 February 2023, 11:48:38 »

For what cars that? :o
Not sure if its any more expensive than any other marque TBH.  Its just we're all used to coming on here, asking for an Omega light cluster, and Albs posting a good one out for £30 etc ;D
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: 13 February 2023, 11:52:44 »

I only go to Jag forums to lob the odd granade in about doing my own oil changes with 20l drums of noname oil bought online then watch the fallout. ;D
I've softened the UK one up to start doing their own changes, and FFS, not to leave the oil in for 21k in a diesel ;D
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... 110   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 18 queries.