Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 109   Go Down

Author Topic: What has P*ssed you off today?  (Read 134300 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: What has P*ssed you off today?
« Reply #270 on: 30 January 2023, 13:07:10 »

In the last few days, Chilitern have pissed me off for cancelling every train I've tried to catch. And they can't blame it on strikes.  DHL have also pissed me off for repeatedly forgetting to bring labels for parcels, hence not collecting them, then trying to charge for failed collections.
That's why I call them Don't Handle Logistics. I rate them almost as highly as Evrithingwillgetscrewedup :-X

Although to be fair, all their international stuff seems to get here with no drama. But then I don't live in Brackley :D
Generally, DHL seem pretty good for us.  Quite a few of our vendors use them, and they are probably one of the better ones.

Not withstanding the fact the last Next Day from Holland took a week to get here ;D
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: 30 January 2023, 13:08:37 »

And, ironically, Herpes are pretty good at delivering here, but that more down to how good our local delivery lady is.  Obviously, anything sent via Herpes gets misrouted at least once.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: 30 January 2023, 13:12:51 »

Oh, and Amazon Warehouse have pissed me off.  The last few items "Used like New" have arrived with either bits missing, looking like they've been through a shredder, or in the case of a card reader I received over the weekend, the "Amazon Warehouse" packaged in in just a polythene bag, then shipped it in an unpadded envelope.

Its just about possible to make out the individual toe marks where its been trod on, and now being banana shaped, doesn't fit a 3.5" bay.  Idiots.  So now I need to look for another, and they are rarer than you might think!
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: 30 January 2023, 13:13:20 »

and they are rarer than you might think!
Well, at sub £20, as I'm a tightarse!
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: 30 January 2023, 13:16:24 »

And while I'm on a courier rant, a college posted me a PC, and the case has a massive size 10 dent on the edge of the case.  CBA to straighten that out, so I just recased it.  Surprisingly, a 10yr old Dell case needed no modification to the header plugs...   ...maybe I should buy a lotto ticket ;D
Grumpy old man

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: 30 January 2023, 13:33:39 »

Old people taking so long at the supermarket checkout.

They take forever to put their goods on the belt then forever to take them off at the other end. They then take forever to pay. At this point they decide it is a good idea to bore the checkout girl shitless with details of their day.....wasting another 20 minutes or so. :-X

Perhaps Logans Run had it right all along. :)

Use the self checkout then, you miserable old sod:D ;)

When checkout girls finally become obsolete to save money how will  the old people deal with self checkout?... ;D ;D ;D

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: 30 January 2023, 14:28:52 »

🎻 Where has all the cleavage gone?……🎤  Far far away🎼🎼
Laying a rubber road.

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: 30 January 2023, 14:44:24 »

And while I'm on a courier rant, a college posted me a PC, and the case has a massive size 10 dent on the edge of the case.........

Sounds like my old works PC.  ;D  When I was programming CMM's, if the software locked up or was generally slow performing I would kick shit out of the side of the tower casing. I then had the embarrassing task of straightening out the casing before any managers saw it.  ::) ;D
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: 30 January 2023, 18:55:03 »

I then had the embarrassing task of straightening out the casing before any managers saw it.  ::) ;D
I'm quite familiar with that feeling.
Grumpy old man

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: 30 January 2023, 19:01:09 »

Doesnt sound like you.  ;D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: 02 February 2023, 18:12:13 »

My lad has pissed me off, nothing unusual, but a massive piss off this time.
For those of you who have long memories, I have spouted my pride over the last years about how he has has made it to uni and on to a PHD research course in maths, despite his Asperger's. It was hard work for both of us, getting him to this point. I was particularly happy that he had managed to find a similarly erudite girlfriend, who enjoyed all of the same things that he did. (Apart from the veganism, that's a pain).

So.....he's been offered the chance to go to the university of Arizona, in Tucson, for a conference. All expenses paid by Sheffield and Tucson jointly.  I was very unhappy that he would attempt this journey on his own. He now tells me he's going early, stopping off at Phoenix for a couple of days and doing the Grand Canyon tour, etc.
I am beside myself with worry, and have refused to give him any help or support with the planning of his journey. 23 year old with Asperger Syndrome. Sheffield to St Pancras to Heathrow to Phoenix, then on to Tucson. Booking his own trains, planes, etc, for a nearly 24 hour journey.  If he makes it through to the end, his return journey is Tucson to LAX to Heathrow to St Pancras to Sheffield.

He will not listen to my concerns. His naivety is very worrying. I feel like kidnapping him and locking him up until he sees sense.
Diesel till I die

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: 02 February 2023, 18:40:22 »

He also thinks it's fine to embark on this journey with one, carry on backpack. He will turn up at the conference, which will attract all the brain boxes from across the world, wearing a shirt that has been stuffed into a backpack for four days, and won't see any harm in it. He has no idea how to behave in a different environment, and will end up walking in downtown Tucson on his own, in the dark, looking for a vegan restaurant. If he succeeds in finding one, the bill will make his eyes pop, and he will walk out without leaving a tip, causing an irate waiter to chase him down the street being very shouty.
Diesel till I die

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: 02 February 2023, 18:56:37 »

Don't worry about him STEMO. The chances of him finding a Vegan resturaunt in Tucson is nil. He'll starve to death before any harm comes to him  ;D

I can recommend a few steak joints though.

Oh - there are no direct UK to Tucson flights anyway. The nearest entry points are Phoenix, Las Vegas and LAX. Phoenix has the fewest immigration queues, so is a good choice. You can fly from PHX to TUS for thrupence ha'penny.
« Last Edit: 02 February 2023, 19:00:27 by LC0112G »

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: 02 February 2023, 18:57:05 »

Can you go with him?
Laying a rubber road.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: 02 February 2023, 19:08:14 »

Can you go with him?
Thought of that, Rae. Bit bad when a 69 year old man has to accompany his 23 year old lad. I made some moves, on the internet, to see what would be involved. I got no further than the travel insurance price. Apparently, I'm falling to bits, and American hospitals are not exactly cheap.
A decent hotel, in a location close to the uni, without itinerants begging and pit bulls fighting, was £2500 a week. Cheapest, shitty, cramped flights were around £600. Train to London from Sheffield, around £80 return, plus Heathrow express £25 each way.
The cost, with comprehensive insurance, would have been in excess of six grand, and I really don't fancy it anyway. If he goes, despite all my pleading, emotional blackmail and bribes, he will be off my Christmas card list. Little fûcker.
Diesel till I die
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 109   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 19 queries.