Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 109   Go Down

Author Topic: What has P*ssed you off today?  (Read 136573 times)

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
Re: What has P*ssed you off today?
« Reply #285 on: 02 February 2023, 19:08:56 »

If he's adamant and does go ,hopefully he will take some of your other advice on board  :-\
 a shirt rolled very tight and cling filmed will be wearable 

I've found if an argument gets heated ,both parties need to calm down and think ,timeout  ;)

If he does go , all you can do is your best to help IF things go tits up .

make sure he has an emergency credit or debit card, and cash (money belt) cheap spare tri band mobile with sim and credit etc

sadly people don't always learn from advice from someone who knows from experience  :(

sometimes they need to right royally **** it all up all by themselves  ::)

though I do empathise Uncle Stemo

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: 02 February 2023, 19:25:30 »

What are the symptoms of aspergers that make him so vulnerable, despite his age?

Other than the link with autism I know very little.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: 02 February 2023, 19:57:08 »

He also thinks it's fine to embark on this journey with one, carry on backpack. He will turn up at the conference, which will attract all the brain boxes from across the world, wearing a shirt that has been stuffed into a backpack for four days, and won't see any harm in it.

I suspect all the other Gen Z/ Millennial brain boxes at the conference will also be wearing crumpled shirts and T-Shirts so I wouldn't worry about that Uncle STEMO.  :D

Easy to say this I know as I don't know your lad or his issues, but it seems to me that the more you make a fuss about this the more determined he will be to go off on his adventure. He's been to Romania a couple of times albeit with his girlfriend so it's not like he never been away or anything.

As Dave says despite your misgivings, help him prepare, make sure he has good insurance etc and prepare to worry your tits off while he's gone.  ::)

What does his Mum think?  ???
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: 02 February 2023, 20:03:49 »

He also thinks it's fine to embark on this journey with one, carry on backpack. He will turn up at the conference, which will attract all the brain boxes from across the world, wearing a shirt that has been stuffed into a backpack for four days, and won't see any harm in it.

I suspect all the other Gen Z/ Millennial brain boxes at the conference will also be wearing crumpled shirts and T-Shirts so I wouldn't worry about that Uncle STEMO.  :D

Easy to say this I know as I don't know your lad or his issues, but it seems to me that the more you make a fuss about this the more determined he will be to go off on his adventure. He's been to Romania a couple of times albeit with his girlfriend so it's not like he never been away or anything.

As Dave says despite your misgivings, help him prepare, make sure he has good insurance etc and prepare to worry your tits off while he's gone.  ::)

Not gonna happen, Tigger, we've had a proper, full blown shouting match. This last year he's been to Romania twice, Denmark and Israel. Popped across the border to Bulgaria and Sweden. I sit with my phone in my hand and he keeps in touch all the time. I still fill my pants if he goes missing for a few hours. But this is a step too far. If he goes, and I mean it, I've told him I'm booking a cottage in N Yorkshire for a week and turning my phone off. Heart attacks are not good for you at my age.
Diesel till I die

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: 02 February 2023, 20:17:03 »

Can you arrange for his girlfriend to go with him? You pay perhaps?
Laying a rubber road.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: 02 February 2023, 20:20:39 »

I understand how worrying it can be with your kids especially when they’re in the forces in very hostile places, it’s not very nice at all🙁
Laying a rubber road.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: 02 February 2023, 20:36:15 »

Can you arrange for his girlfriend to go with him? You pay perhaps?
She's Romanian, Rae, and they can't just get a visa in five minutes like we can. She would have to travel to Bucharest just to make her application, and then wait quite a while. Plus, she's busy with her masters and hoping to get funding for a Phd.
While we're on the subject of Romanians, I know the stereotype is a greasy little pickpocket knocking around Oxford Street. But they are the Roma, not the indigenous Romanians. Her parents are a school teacher and a copper, and have struggled to get her over here to uni. It really grips my piss when folk roll their eyes when I tell them about her. But, hey, that's me too, so what can I say?
Diesel till I die

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: 02 February 2023, 20:42:53 »

There’s always something to mess things up but there will be a way to sort it and you will find it
Laying a rubber road.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: 02 February 2023, 20:54:23 »

There’s always something to mess things up but there will be a way to sort it and you will find it
I repeat, Rae,

If he goes, and I mean it, I've told him I'm booking a cottage in N Yorkshire for a week and turning my phone off. Heart attacks are not good for you at my age.
Diesel till I die

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: 02 February 2023, 21:03:14 »

Like I said I know the worry Iraq Afghan etc …….  🙁🙁🙁 all you can do is your best.
Laying a rubber road.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: 02 February 2023, 21:03:53 »

Not gonna happen, Tigger, we've had a proper, full blown shouting match. This last year he's been to Romania twice, Denmark and Israel. Popped across the border to Bulgaria and Sweden. I sit with my phone in my hand and he keeps in touch all the time. I still fill my pants if he goes missing for a few hours. But this is a step too far. If he goes, and I mean it, I've told him I'm booking a cottage in N Yorkshire for a week and turning my phone off. Heart attacks are not good for you at my age.
So Steve, he's been to all these places fairly recently and managed to return safely. I realise that the States trip is a whole different ball game, but let him go, wish him a great trip and worry your guts about him all the while he's away. what could possibly go wrong.  :D

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: 02 February 2023, 21:10:34 »

So Steve, he's been to all these places fairly recently and managed to return safely. I realise that the States trip is a whole different ball game, but let him go, wish him a great trip and worry your guts about him all the while he's away. what could possibly go wrong.  :D
His partner is a seasoned traveller, Ron, Romanians jump on planes like we jump on buses. I've watched her help him to put his jacket on straight, fold his collar down and even tell him his tee shirt is inside out. I am happy when she is with him. I love him dearly, of course, but he is fickin useless at the practical side of life. Most kids rebel when they are in their teens, he has decided he's an international jet setter late in life.
Diesel till I die

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: 02 February 2023, 21:10:57 »

Exactly my thoughts.

Is there a reason why Arizona is so different?

Despite the limitations Aspergers he wants his independence. Good luck to the fella.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: 02 February 2023, 21:13:05 »

Exactly my thoughts.

Is there a reason why Arizona is so different?

Despite the limitations Aspergers he wants his independence. Good luck to the fella.
See my above reply, Opti.

No two Asperger's people are the same, just like anyone else, but

https://www.nationwidechildrens.org/conditions/aspergers-syndrome
Diesel till I die

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: 02 February 2023, 21:13:21 »

His partner is a seasoned traveller, Ron, Romanians jump on planes like we jump on buses. I've watched her help him to put his jacket on straight, fold his collar down and even tell him his tee shirt is inside out. I am happy when she is with him. I love him dearly, of course, but he is fickin useless at the practical side of life. Most kids rebel when they are in their teens, he has decided he's an international jet setter late in life.

Mrs Opti does this to me, but it is usually just after nearly getting caught shagging her sister. ;D :D
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 109   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 19 queries.