Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 111   Go Down

Author Topic: What has P*ssed you off today?  (Read 148442 times)

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
Re: What has P*ssed you off today?
« Reply #690 on: 15 June 2023, 22:19:53 »

Running out of alcohol whilst lazing in sunny Devon..🍺🍺🍺
This is serious, Mick. Can you not get deliveroo to drop some off?
Diesel till I die

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: 15 June 2023, 23:12:11 »

In Devon?  ???  ;D ;D ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: 15 June 2023, 23:18:25 »

Will all be sorted first thing tomorrow morning Steve 🍺🍺🍺😁
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: 16 June 2023, 11:01:31 »

Twin gauge single stage unit, yes bottles never quite as full as a BOC but normally close. This one only had 1000psi in it and should have been about 2800psi.

That's the regulator.

Flow meters screw onto it, and show what the gas flow actually is. Like THIS. Then you adjust the knob on the regulator so you have the required gas flow and not a guessed amount. I've got one on the TIG, and if I didn't have to move the MIG in and out of the porch each time I use it, would put one on that because I suspect I'm using far more gas than is needed

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: 27 June 2023, 19:26:03 »

Poxy private "parking management" company chancing their luck with me...

...now backed down, of course, because they knew they'd been caught out trying it on.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: 29 June 2023, 09:33:49 »

Chiltern Railways

Northbound trains to Banbury Are 5 carriage and predictably empty.

Southbound from Brum to London is a 3 carriage, and predictably rammed with no further standing room

Still, they are obliged to make the ever pointless HS2 project look almost viable.

Idiots
Grumpy old man

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: 29 June 2023, 10:27:02 »

Given the dire state of the nations economy, you would have thought that someone senior would have had the good sense to decide to "postpone" HS2 by now.
Idiots indeed.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: 29 June 2023, 10:48:45 »

Given the dire state of the nations economy, you would have thought that someone senior would have had the good sense to decide to "postpone" HS2 by now.
Idiots indeed.

There is no-one senior capable of that. Competent people have been ruthlessly purged from the House of Commons over the last twenty-five years. Too much political capital has been spent to get HS2 as 'far' as this to ever back out.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: 29 June 2023, 12:26:27 »

Idiots indeed.

There is no-one senior capable of that. Competent people have been ruthlessly purged from the House of Commons over the last twenty-five years. Too much political capital has been spent to get HS2 as 'far' as this to ever back out.

Probably too much money has been spent now as well to scrap HS2.  :-\

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: 29 June 2023, 12:46:35 »

Idiots indeed.

Probably too much money has been spent now as well to scrap HS2.  :-\

It's still a small fraction of the ever increasing guess for the cost of completion. The benefits are nowhere near enough to justify the expenditure, especially when much bigger gains could be made sooner, easier and for less money

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: 29 June 2023, 12:59:18 »

In other news, something that has pissed me off because it shows how we now live in a woke dictatorship....
Nigel Farage (love him or hate him, thats not the point here) has banked with the same bank - both personal and business) for 35 years.
He has been contacted by them to say they are going to close all of his accounts. He has tried hard, even contacting the Chairman, to find out why, but they will give no explanation.
He has so far contacted six other banks to try and open new accounts but all of them refuse to let him open an account with them.
This really is scary stuff. :o
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: 29 June 2023, 13:09:52 »

In other news, something that has pissed me off because it shows how we now live in a woke dictatorship....
Nigel Farage (love him or hate him, thats not the point here) has banked with the same bank - both personal and business) for 35 years.
He has been contacted by them to say they are going to close all of his accounts. He has tried hard, even contacting the Chairman, to find out why, but they will give no explanation.
He has so far contacted six other banks to try and open new accounts but all of them refuse to let him open an account with them.

OK.

Can you remember what your missing paragraphs said, as there a number of gaps in your reasoning?

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: 29 June 2023, 13:25:25 »

The same reasoning as many companies wont advertise on GB news. Companies are shit scared of the left wing pressure groups who run this country now.
Many companies and ad agencies have admitted they were contacted by such groups when GB news launched and were told there would be campaigns to boycott them if they advertised on the channel.
So being the spineless unprincipled amoral morons they are, many of them caved in to the pressure immediately as they didnt want the hassle.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: 29 June 2023, 13:44:47 »

I've seen this as well and he's going to give more details on his GBNews show tonight at 7pm.

It's not just him. Lawrence Fox and his Reclaim Party had their banks accounts shut down, but I'm not sure what the outcome of that was.

Then there's Canada where hundreds of people participating or even donating to the 'Truckers Protest' in Ottawa had their bank accounts frozen.  >:(

It's bloody sinister.  You vill own nothing and you vill be happy!  :-X

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: 29 June 2023, 14:15:55 »

I've seen this as well and he's going to give more details on his GBNews show tonight at 7pm.

It's not just him. Lawrence Fox and his Reclaim Party had their banks accounts shut down, but I'm not sure what the outcome of that was.

Then there's Canada where hundreds of people participating or even donating to the 'Truckers Protest' in Ottawa had their bank accounts frozen.  >:(

It's bloody sinister.  You vill own nothing and you vill be happy!  :-X

I wouldn't be surprised if it's not to do with US Tax rules. Many UK banks now refuse to allow you to open a bank account if you are subject to IRS tax becasue they then have to comply with complex US regulations. There was a spate of letters a few years ago sent out by UK banks asking customers if they had any US 'interests'. If you said yes, they closed your account. If you didn't answer, they closed your account. If it turns out that you - err  - misrepresented the truth - then chances are they'll close your account.

They won't give you a reason because that would be against US law, and they don't want their own US activities to be under threat.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 111   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 19 queries.