Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: So inflation now stands at.....  (Read 5234 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: So inflation now stands at.....
« Reply #45 on: 27 May 2023, 17:12:23 »

Lidl beanz are better than Heinz.....as are plenty of budget brands.

Some people with more money than sense are easily seduced by brand names. ::) :P
There are some brands that are so much better than unbranded/budget:

Full fat coke
Heinz Beanz
Heinz cream of tomato soup
Sugar Puffs (or whatever they are called this week)*
McVities Digestives
HP Sauce
Stella Artois ;D

* though that might be I've only tried one lookalike, as can never find them - have enough trouble finding the branded ones

Marmite!  :y
Good point, well presented.
Grumpy old man

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 27 May 2023, 17:38:53 »

Some people with more money than sense are easily seduced by brand names. ::) :P

Full fat coke
Heinz Beanz
McVities Digestives
HP Sauce
Stella Artois ;D

* though that might be I've only tried one lookalike, as can never find them - have enough trouble finding the branded ones

Marmite! :y

Tesco yeast extract tastes exactly the same.....probably because it is exactly the same.

Vegemite on the other hand tastes like shit. :-\

You're clearly not a connoisseur of yeast extracts M'lud.  ;)

Is there such a thing?

I thought yeast extract was simply the left over shit scraped away when brewing beer. :D

There's left over shit (Marmite) and then there's the dregs of left over shit (Tesco Yeast Extract, Vegemite etc)!  :)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 27 May 2023, 18:39:13 »

Full fat coke
Heinz Beanz
McVities Digestives
HP Sauce
Stella Artois ;D

Tesco yeast extract tastes exactly the same.....probably because it is exactly the same.

Is there such a thing?

I thought yeast extract was simply the left over shit scraped away when brewing beer. :D

There's left over shit (Marmite) and then there's the dregs of left over shit (Tesco Yeast Extract, Vegemite etc)!  :)

Anyway, as a piss poor prole I can't afford Marmite. ;)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 27 May 2023, 18:55:22 »

Full fat coke
Heinz Beanz
McVities Digestives
HP Sauce
Stella Artois ;D

Is there such a thing?

Anyway, as a piss poor prole I can't afford Marmite. ;)

Marmite has indeed got frickin expensive for left over brewery shite!  :o :o

A medium jar was £3.09 in Lidl today up from £2.99 last week, and a large jar is now over a fiver!  :o

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 28 May 2023, 15:30:26 »

Or a bloody great tub from the cash and carry is a fiver.  Accept the fact Lidl and co aren't really any cheaper than anywhere else - especially as the big supermarkets, you know, those with choice and no queues at the checkout, now price match - and in reality probably costs more money in the long run....
Grumpy old man

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 28 May 2023, 18:01:04 »

Or a bloody great tub from the cash and carry is a fiver.  Accept the fact Lidl and co aren't really any cheaper than anywhere else - especially as the big supermarkets, you know, those with choice and no queues at the checkout, now price match - and in reality probably costs more money in the long run....

I nearly bought a tub of Marmite in Costco the other day, but it was only 100g bigger than the big jars and per gram was more expensive than a medium jar in Lidl so it went back on the shelf.  ::)

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 28 May 2023, 18:37:55 »

Cut the middle man out and just drink more beer👍🍺🍺🍺
Laying a rubber road.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 28 May 2023, 19:10:24 »

I nearly bought a tub of Marmite in Costco the other day, but it was only 100g bigger than the big jars and per gram was more expensive than a medium jar in Lidl so it went back on the shelf.  ::)
A tub is 600g, med jar is 250g, so if the tub is less than £6.18, isn't that cheaper?  I could be wrong, being the stoopid kid from the local comp....

Oh, and when I was down the local convenience shop (Tesco), I clocked the 250g jar of Marmite was £3.10, I'm guessing the main supermarket is the same price or cheaper.  So I doubt I'll be driven to Lidl to save 1p...

A med jar does have the advantage that it doesn't encourage me to put tons of the stuff on my toast :)
Grumpy old man

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 28 May 2023, 20:01:35 »

Cut the middle man out and just drink more beer👍🍺🍺🍺

Spot on buddy, shopping is for women I can't give a toss what it costs as long as she buys it & it's in the cupboard I'm happy to eat it.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Raeturbo

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales
    • Mv6 3.2 Mitsi Evo2. XJ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 28 May 2023, 21:15:26 »

🤣🤣🤣
Laying a rubber road.

STEMO

• Omega Lord
    • Astra 1.6 diesel
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 29 May 2023, 22:16:13 »

8.7%......down from 10.1%

However, food inflation is 19.1% and we all have to eat. :-X
I've just been in the local CO OP, the Lurpak butter is in alarmed plastic cases which have to be opened at the till  ;D
I haven't had a Ginsters pasty for ages, but I remember them being about £1. In the same CO OP, 50p off, £2 instead of £2.50.
Mrs tells me these secure plastic cases have cropped up on twitter. Apparently the Coop have steak in them as well. Plus, the jars of coffee on display are dummies, you take them to the till and exchange for full jars. Jeez...all quite depressing.
Diesel till I die

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 29 May 2023, 22:34:55 »

I know someone that works in a village co op.  They have a no tackle policy if they see someone stealing. Now that is depressing.

The price inflation everywhere is depressing. Plenty of greedflation going on while the going is good. As someone said earlier, I bet the producers arent making great mark ups.

If you use a lot of olive oil , get some now and keep it in a cool, dark place.  The price is going to go up as we have had a drought and unseasonally high temps so yet another poor harvest. ( the average Spaniard in our village uses about 12 litres each a year ( but no butter - food of the devil!).
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 30 May 2023, 15:03:08 »

A tub is 600g, med jar is 250g, so if the tub is less than £6.18, isn't that cheaper?  I could be wrong, being the stoopid kid from the local comp....

Oh, and when I was down the local convenience shop (Tesco), I clocked the 250g jar of Marmite was £3.10, I'm guessing the main supermarket is the same price or cheaper.  So I doubt I'll be driven to Lidl to save 1p...

A med jar does have the advantage that it doesn't encourage me to put tons of the stuff on my toast :)

For years I've thought that a medium jar of Marmite was 300g. I checked the one in the cupboard and you're right it's 250g!  :o

Everything's changed. My life has been turned upside down....  :(                                                   ;D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 30 May 2023, 18:31:34 »

For years I've thought that a medium jar of Marmite was 300g. I checked the one in the cupboard and you're right it's 250g!  :o

Everything's changed. My life has been turned upside down....  :(                                                   ;D

Downsizing is everywhere.

Jar of coffee went from 200g to 190g. No explanation just 5% less coffee.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 30 May 2023, 20:45:11 »

Downsizing is everywhere.

Jar of coffee went from 200g to 190g. No explanation just 5% less coffee.

It's known as Shrinkflation:)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 19 queries.