Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Clicking noise on throttle housing  (Read 20520 times)

Big_Al

Re: Clicking noise on throttle housing
« Reply #75 on: 16 June 2013, 12:39:49 »

Sounds to me like the connector into the ECU is intermittent if it's that that needs to be wiggled to get the ECU to power up. Could well be that some of the electronic throttle connections are dodgy too, so I wouldn't rush out and start replacing the throttle pedal sensor until the connection has been resolved, personally. Changing parts will just add other potential problems.

Are the ECU connector pins all OK - none bent or damaged. Worth a squirt of switch cleaner into the connector, perhaps?

I'm guessing it's the section of loom that runs from the ECU into the main car loom. I think this goes via the big plugs behind the battery, so potentially a small section of loom that could easily be replaced?
Stated to check connections in here 3x times now ;) that is likeliest area for connection breakdown-need a small screw driver to close up terminals a bit-the spede part opens up--heat maybe?

i have been conversing with OP by phone  Symes , I'm pretty certain he has checked all the connections several times & nothing has shown up as yet  :-\ :-\

But as we know there a lot of connections  ::) ::)

sjc

• Alloa, Scotland
    • Ultra-dull Audi TDi
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 16 June 2013, 14:04:50 »

What does it do with the throttle pedal pot disconnected?
If you Elite an MV6, does that make it an MVee-leet?

Toledodude1973

• Omega Knight
  • IPSWICH U.K.
  • 2002 2.6 elite,1973 ,Gas van,1974 victor fe
    • 2.6 OMEGA ELITE 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 16 June 2013, 15:47:45 »

Been on car all day now took apart all visible connections ,cleaned and re-fitted. Thought i had slight result but didnt happen, the earth wire on ecu to neg. on battery didn't seem great so inserted temporary one and this eased throttle clicking ,so cleaned earths again under battery shelf but still clicking and no start. Disconnected throttle pedal connector and no change (worth a try though thanks SJC)
If  i earth ecu to neg. on battery using a spanner the clicking stops but car would not start,as said before only way to trick car to start  is to disconnect/re-connect one of the main looms on the ecu but then only 1100rpm and gets hot quickly i know this is getting boring but i really am giving it a go so thanks for all your patience.
It seems to me that something is sending a message to ecu which is causing problem?
« Last Edit: 16 June 2013, 16:01:40 by Toledodude1973 »
2002 omega slowly morphing into 2003 omega with increasing doner parts fitted

Toledodude1973

• Omega Knight
  • IPSWICH U.K.
    • 2.6 OMEGA ELITE 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 17 June 2013, 21:43:08 »

Before i try to find someone to look at my electrics does anyone think its worth renewing crank shaft sensor or am i just wasting my money?

symes

• Omega Baron
  • oxford
  • Madness is a state of i dont mind
    • R reg 940 volvo
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 17 June 2013, 22:00:29 »

can you beg/ borrow throttle pedal potentiometer ?? as that what code reader got? or check connections to/from it :y
1998 volvo 940 turbo 225bhp +1965 Rover 5000 v8+ 1962 ford consul 375 lowrider

Toledodude1973

• Omega Knight
  • IPSWICH U.K.
    • 2.6 OMEGA ELITE 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 18 June 2013, 17:19:58 »

PM'd Albitz think he might be able to help cheers Symes

albitz

« Reply #81 on: 18 June 2013, 20:59:27 »

Got your message.Will text you in the morning.We should be able to arrange something for tomorrow.
Ive had another long day of hospital visiting,but now Im off down the pub for some much needed relaxation juice.
Speak soon mate. :y

Toledodude1973

• Omega Knight
  • IPSWICH U.K.
    • 2.6 OMEGA ELITE 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 19 June 2013, 19:23:14 »

Thanks so much Albitz will give throttle sensor a try tommorrow and report results

Toledodude1973

• Omega Knight
  • IPSWICH U.K.
    • 2.6 OMEGA ELITE 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 22 June 2013, 13:41:16 »

Tried potentiometer from albitz and no joy , contacted localish mobile mechanic but haven't got back to me from answer phone message, does anyone have any last ideas as nobody local seems to want to take a look at any price! I've really tried with this one and cant seem to get to the bottom of it :-\ :'(

PhilRich

• Omega Queen
  • A bit further North of the Back of Beyond!
    • Mk 2 Volvo V70
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 22 June 2013, 15:29:23 »

I know you've checked this or been told already, but are you 100% certain all of the wire connectors have been refitted to the battery post lugs & are tight and clean? The reason I say this is I neglected to check mine after having the battery off and one of the thin wires had slipped down the side of the battery tray out of sight and I had  a similar problem to yours  :-\.
I hope you get to the bottom of it soon matey, it must be so frustrating for you! :(
« Last Edit: 22 June 2013, 15:31:32 by PhilRich »
If it ain't broke keep fixing it 'til it is!

Toledodude1973

• Omega Knight
  • IPSWICH U.K.
    • 2.6 OMEGA ELITE 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 22 June 2013, 15:42:48 »

thanks Phil your the first member who has encountered a similar problem to mine. I will check again to see if any of the wires are loose etc. but at this point it feels like i'm getting no where and going around in circles.
I do appreciate your reply, cheers, Paul.

albitz

« Reply #86 on: 22 June 2013, 15:53:59 »

Shame the potentiometer didn't work,but it was worth a try and at least crosses one more thing off the list.
I think a good autoelctrician rather than a garage may be the way forward,unless you get lucky and find its something simple as Phil suggests.

symes

• Omega Baron
  • oxford
  • Madness is a state of i dont mind
    • R reg 940 volvo
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 22 June 2013, 21:44:50 »

hey just thought-have you dropped your keys--no not mad-wonder if little chip is in key-for immobilizer  :y
1998 volvo 940 turbo 225bhp +1965 Rover 5000 v8+ 1962 ford consul 375 lowrider

Big_Al

« Reply #88 on: 23 June 2013, 08:22:21 »

hey just thought-have you dropped your keys--no not mad-wonder if little chip is in key-for immobilizer :y

I advised Paul   to check this out at the very start of this problem & "chip" was OK. Car will sometimes  start the car with both keys after a bit of "fiddling" with the ECU wiring connectors, but will only rev to 1100 RPM :-\ :-\

On that subject ( 1100 rpm) Seem to remember Dbug once posting about the cam sensor causing that problem on his F/L v6 :-\

I understand this problem started after the battery was removed , charged & replaced (please correct me if I'm wrong Paul) so IMO  it must be a simple wiring /earthing /electrical connection problem where something has been disturbed or disconnected when the battery was removed . Could the ignition switch be causing this ?  A bad intermittant connection & confusing the  ECU?

I also seem to remember talking on the phone to him trying a few things & we got the car started, but don't remember Paul saying car was limited to 1100 RPM at that time  :-\ :-\

I cannot remember anyone ever mentioning the "Chattering throttle butterflys" issue before though  . . . strange problem this is indeed & Paul must be be really frustrated that no one on here can help him

I don't know where we go from here . . . Lazydocker & Twiglet have both been to look at the car , Kevin wood & several other knowledgable members  have advised by posting on here without success.

Paul has been trying to locate a localish auto electrician , but that could just be a waste of money as he would probably just go over whats already been done  :-\ :-\

What next is the question ? :( :(

sjc

• Alloa, Scotland
    • Ultra-dull Audi TDi
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 23 June 2013, 09:02:57 »

Can we rewind to the very start.... what caused the battery to go flat?

Also, has a different ECU been tried?
« Last Edit: 23 June 2013, 09:04:34 by sjc »
If you Elite an MV6, does that make it an MVee-leet?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 18 queries.