Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Vauxhall CID Display Programming  (Read 8355 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Vauxhall CID Display Programming
« Reply #30 on: 01 May 2009, 09:19:34 »

If you remove an NCDC 2013 along with the display and re-fit them both together to another car do they need de-pairing?

Dave.

No, the headunit and display are mated to each other so can be moved about as a 'married couple'  ;D
Or technically, a menage a trois, seeing as the cd changer is involved as well.

Simply put, if all parts of the following components, if fitted, are kept together, its fine :y

Head Unit (top half of headunit on ncdc201x series)
Display
CD Changer (bottom half of HU on ncdc201x series)
Telematics

One thing to bear in mind is the display unit will require programming if you wish the fuel computer to be accurate and various vehicle specific options to be reported properly, so items like what transmission, engine size, wheel size, HID's present etc
Yes, but this programming does not require the depairing code :)
Grumpy old man

DaveMarshall

• Swindon/Cirencester
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 01 May 2009, 10:43:27 »

Thanks guys, just wondering as when I get them to break it would be easier then to sell them as a set and then I don't need to get anyone to de-pair them and the customer who purchses them can fit them without the need to re-pair them.

Another quick one, i've got a 2013 here but it doesn't have a colour or graphic display it just has the basic smaller display fitted.  Is that normal?

Thanks, Dave.
[SIZE=20]Vauxhall's breaking and wanted for breaking
E-Mail me at southwestvauxhallspares@yahoo.co.uk[/SIZE]

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 01 May 2009, 11:09:33 »

Thanks guys, just wondering as when I get them to break it would be easier then to sell them as a set and then I don't need to get anyone to de-pair them and the customer who purchses them can fit them without the need to re-pair them.

Another quick one, i've got a 2013 here but it doesn't have a colour or graphic display it just has the basic smaller display fitted.  Is that normal?

Thanks, Dave.

The GID (Graphic Info Display) is only half height on the Omega....

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 01 May 2009, 12:50:10 »

Thanks, Dave.

Easiest answer is to sell as a pair and give the car pass to the new owner of the kit or at least the immobiliser code, then one of OOF's highly trained Tech II experts can help in the future!  :y ;D
« Last Edit: 01 May 2009, 12:50:36 by VXL_V6 »

DaveMarshall

• Swindon/Cirencester
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 01 May 2009, 12:50:14 »

Cool, cheers for the help   :y

Dave.
[SIZE=20]Vauxhall's breaking and wanted for breaking
E-Mail me at southwestvauxhallspares@yahoo.co.uk[/SIZE]

dpanic88

• West Midlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 04 May 2009, 19:30:15 »

Dear All -

A big thanks must go to Peter (WEDS) who sent me a Vauxhall CID display to have a play with.

I think (?!) I am now able to reset the CID display back to its DELIVERY MODE so that it can then be programmed into the new car using the TECH2 programmer.

My problems is that I need a Guinea Pig to try this out on. If you have a old display that needs resetting before it can be re-used, please let me know.

If I have got this correct, it will now mean that all of those worthless and unprogrammable CID displays can now be used !!

;)

What's the charge for depairing the CID - have a spare one which is split from its head unit, it works fine no display faults just after a few seconds comes up safe, so suspect needs depairing ready to use. But I've got no way to check after,  is it best waiting until someone with a tech2 gets this checked?. I would sell the spare unit on as already have one in my miggy. Regards  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 18 queries.