Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Bose - no sound  (Read 7409 times)

albitz

Re: Bose - no sound
« Reply #30 on: 26 April 2011, 12:13:19 »

Problem solved. :) :)

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 26 April 2011, 12:14:28 »

Problem solved. :) :)
Do tell. Or are you embarrassed :D ::)
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted

albitz

« Reply #32 on: 26 April 2011, 12:18:58 »

I had removed the retaining screws from the drivers door speaker. Seated speaker back properly in the door and put the 3 screws back, and hey presto. ::) ;D
Only remining problem is it doesnt want to tune into FM band, but thats probably me not knowing what Im doing, as everything seems to be connected properly, and it was ok on FM last week. Will have a fiddle with that later. :y
That will only leave possibly getting hold of an old satnav disc just to check thats all ok.
« Last Edit: 26 April 2011, 12:19:53 by albitz »

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 26 April 2011, 22:25:28 »

I had removed the retaining screws from the drivers door speaker. Seated speaker back properly in the door and put the 3 screws back, and hey presto. ::) ;D
Only remining problem is it doesnt want to tune into FM band, but thats probably me not knowing what Im doing, as everything seems to be connected properly, and it was ok on FM last week. Will have a fiddle with that later. :y
That will only leave possibly getting hold of an old satnav disc just to check thats all ok.

The Aerial plug on the flylead has probably fractured, common fault.

Just pop a length of wire into the centre pin of the aerial socket and route it out of the car for now. should prove the point. Don't forget that the original antenna dependant on saloon or estate has either a built in or external aerial amp to overcome the loses in the flylead.

albitz

« Reply #34 on: 27 April 2011, 00:08:24 »

sounds plausible, will have a look, thanks. :y

Btw - is it an easy fix ? :-/
« Last Edit: 27 April 2011, 00:48:20 by albitz »

Lampynoiseboy

• SE Essex
  • pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
    • '51 3.2 Elite "Floozy"
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 30 April 2011, 00:10:03 »

The Aerial plug on the flylead has probably fractured, common fault.

Just pop a length of wire into the centre pin of the aerial socket and route it out of the car for now. should prove the point. Don't forget that the original antenna dependant on saloon or estate has either a built in or external aerial amp to overcome the loses in the flylead.

Sorry to hack the post, but which way round is that?

Trouble strikes in series of three's, but when working on the car, the next job after a series of three is not the fourth job -- it's the start of a brand new series of three

albitz

« Reply #36 on: 30 April 2011, 00:17:06 »

The saloon has the ariel amp situated under the rear shelf. Dont know about the estate, if thats any help. :-/

Lampynoiseboy

• SE Essex
    • '51 3.2 Elite "Floozy"
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 30 April 2011, 00:29:16 »

The saloon has the ariel amp situated under the rear shelf. Dont know about the estate, if thats any help. :-/

Hmmm, in the Bose shelf? or is that not relevent in this case?

Only reason I ask, is that I use neither the GSM or Satnav, so was planning to replace the twig with an astra one, and remove the window ariel cable & fit to it, hopefully improving the 7 versions of heaPlease read the manual awful reception.
Then bugging DaveDND for a modulator that I can hardwire in- which he doesn't usually recommend due to the poor signal strength.

If there's an amp, that may queer it a little
Trouble strikes in series of three's, but when working on the car, the next job after a series of three is not the fourth job -- it's the start of a brand new series of three

kersley2012

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 01 May 2011, 09:49:10 »

Try pressing the mute button.....

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #39 on: 01 May 2011, 10:22:26 »

Then bugging DaveDND for a modulator that I can hardwire in- which he doesn't usually recommend due to the poor signal strength.

Ok, that needs some clarification then.

An external aerial works better than an internal one - that we all know, and the internal aerial on the Omega has a booster in line as the signal is often so poorly received the head unit simply cannot sense it and any further joints or circuitry in-line with this poor signal may lead to the complete loss of radio reception - modulator will work fine, but radio reception would be significantly impaired.

Whether you want to use a wired modulator (no problems with that), or to improve the radio reception, my advice would always be the same - ditch the internal aerial and booster and fit an ordinary and decent antenna on the roof (from around £10) - For those of you making use of the extensive electronics, then Bosch and Hirschmann both do some excellent combined FM/GSM/GPS aerials that look identical to the standard one - prices anywhere around the £50 ~ £125 mark.

It makes me laugh to think that GM put an internal aerial with a booster inside the car to retain the sleek styling and cosmetic appearance of the car, and then thought, Oops! we still need another aerial on the roof for the phone, why they never combined it in the first place is beyond me.

;)
« Last Edit: 01 May 2011, 10:23:08 by Dave_DND »
Radio & Decoding Technician
In Car Audio Service Department
www.dndservices.co.uk

fiend61

• Omega Knight
  • york
  • each to their own
    • 2.5cdx 3.0mv6 3.2vec c
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 01 May 2011, 10:46:37 »

sorry to hijack this thread  :P but question for dave
Bosch and Hirschmann both do some excellent combined FM/GSM/GPS aerials that look identical to the standard one - prices anywhere around the £50 ~ £125 mark
i have non-bosch ccrt 700 with phone to enable to use one of these combined aerials i would have to re-route the aerial cable to the roof??
if this is the case is the coax long enough to do this or would it need extending??
one other thing whereabouts would i purchase a combined aerial??
thanks

Dave DND

• Omega Baron
  • DND Services Ltd
    • Paignton, Devon
    • View Profile
    • DND Services Ltd
« Reply #41 on: 01 May 2011, 12:17:32 »

sorry to hijack this thread  :P but question for dave
Bosch and Hirschmann both do some excellent combined FM/GSM/GPS aerials that look identical to the standard one - prices anywhere around the £50 ~ £125 mark
i have non-bosch ccrt 700 with phone to enable to use one of these combined aerials i would have to re-route the aerial cable to the roof??
if this is the case is the coax long enough to do this or would it need extending??
one other thing whereabouts would i purchase a combined aerial??
thanks

Not sure about cable lengths in the Omega, but we would always use new one piece cables where we could - 4.5m cables readily avilable on our website, and we can supply most types of adaptors where needed.

GSM cable should be long enough as goes to roof anyway.

As for the aerial itself, readily avialble from most "good" car audio shops, and I`ll have a shout about next week to see if I can source something suitable at a special "Oofers" price

Radio & Decoding Technician
In Car Audio Service Department
www.dndservices.co.uk

fiend61

• Omega Knight
  • york
  • each to their own
    • 2.5cdx 3.0mv6 3.2vec c
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 01 May 2011, 13:21:42 »

I`ll have a shout about next week to see if I can source something suitable at a special "Oofers" price

thanks dave  :y

albitz

« Reply #43 on: 01 May 2011, 17:31:25 »

Only reason I ask, is that I use neither the GSM or Satnav, so was planning to replace the twig with an astra one, and remove the window ariel cable & fit to it, hopefully improving the 7 versions of heaPlease read the manual awful reception.

Not in the Bose shelf were the amp is. It is bolted to the top of the metal shelf and is sandwiched between the metel shelf and the fibre board speaker shelf - if that makes sense ?

Lampynoiseboy

• SE Essex
    • '51 3.2 Elite "Floozy"
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 03 May 2011, 07:26:31 »

Ok, that needs some clarification then.

An external aerial works better than an internal one - that we all know, and the internal aerial on the Omega has a booster in line as the signal is often so poorly received the head unit simply cannot sense it and any further joints or circuitry in-line with this poor signal may lead to the complete loss of radio reception - modulator will work fine, but radio reception would be significantly impaired.

Whether you want to use a wired modulator (no problems with that), or to improve the radio reception, my advice would always be the same - ditch the internal aerial and booster and fit an ordinary and decent antenna on the roof (from around £10) - For those of you making use of the extensive electronics, then Bosch and Hirschmann both do some excellent combined FM/GSM/GPS aerials that look identical to the standard one - prices anywhere around the £50 ~ £125 mark.

It makes me laugh to think that GM put an internal aerial with a booster inside the car to retain the sleek styling and cosmetic appearance of the car, and then thought, Oops! we still need another aerial on the roof for the phone, why they never combined it in the first place is beyond me.

;)

I did mean poor fm strength, but good to have it cleared up anyway  :y

Not in the Bose shelf were the amp is. It is bolted to the top of the metal shelf and is sandwiched between the metel shelf and the fibre board speaker shelf - if that makes sense ?

I think so, will let you know! cheers
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 18 queries.