Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Rover 214 3dr wedge  (Read 2344 times)

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Rover 214 3dr wedge
« Reply #15 on: 11 March 2010, 17:05:52 »

Mide didn't even have a remote fob.  :(

It did have a habit of locking itself if you slammed the door. Always best to make sure you didn't slam the door with the keys in and the engine running. ;D

Kevin

You wouldn't believe how many times I got called out for that as a breakdown job ::) ::)

what did you use slim jim or coat hanger

Hammer :o ::)

Actually, I've got a fairly comprehensive kit for gaining entry to secured vehicles.  ;) ;)

Used to get a lot of use too... It's amazing how many people manage to lock themselves out of cars, or worse still, lock their baby inside with the keys :o :o
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

neilr

• Intermediate Member
  • Barnet, Herts
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 12 March 2010, 15:51:50 »

i seen a kit advertised in machine mart but dont want to have to buy it. Got boot open and nsf door just driver door that wont unlock or open. Tried omega method twist key hard and pull on handle.Tried pulling lock up just wont seem to budge. Might try coat hanger or similar next to try and persuade lock open.

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 12 March 2010, 16:15:39 »

i seen a kit advertised in machine mart but dont want to have to buy it. Got boot open and nsf door just driver door that wont unlock or open. Tried omega method twist key hard and pull on handle.Tried pulling lock up just wont seem to budge. Might try coat hanger or similar next to try and persuade lock open.

If you can't pull the button up then no matter what you do, unless you're very lucky, will make no difference if the rods ar wedged ;) ;)

Ideally you need to get an airbag in the door to see what's going on :y
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

neilr

• Intermediate Member
  • Barnet, Herts
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 15 March 2010, 16:29:05 »

well i got in. Pair of moles on the button good pull and it unlocked. Took off doorcard saw nothing wrong broken or jammed. so i gave it a liberal dose of plus gas and all worked again. changed the exhaust down pipe and booked an mot for wednesday lets see whay happens next.

Hannah Judes Dad

• Omega Knight
  • Cleethorpes North East Lincs
    • the misses round the bend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 15 March 2010, 18:03:20 »

Well done for getting in with minimal damage and good luck for the mot  :y
Don't wee on the electric fence

neilr

• Intermediate Member
  • Barnet, Herts
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 16 March 2010, 16:55:19 »

i managed no damage at all in fact just got to wait til 9 tomorrow for mot thanks all.

neilr

• Intermediate Member
  • Barnet, Herts
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 17 March 2010, 16:36:18 »

i managed no damage at all in fact just got to wait til 9 tomorrow for mot thanks all.

Well it failed mot rust to both outer sills and a rear trailing arm bush plus two indicator bulbs.

Has anyone done the bush on one of these welding is not a problem its just the bush looks nasty

lee4206

• southampton
  • Mot Tester
    • 2000 3.0l manual MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 17 March 2010, 22:50:21 »

Well it failed mot rust to both outer sills and a rear trailing arm bush plus two indicator bulbs.

Has anyone done the bush on one of these welding is not a problem its just the bush looks nasty

Is it the big bush (3" ish) with a bar through it.  If so quite easy   
Mark the position of and undo the 13mm bolt that secures the the small bar to the chassis/vertical floorpan then the two bolts(15mm?) that hold the bush, release the handbrake cable from the trailing arm(12mm?) pull the arm down and knock the bush out from the inside.  to refit position the bush so that the marking(veries on make) is facing down and  tap around the edge untill it sits flush with the arm(refit from the outside).  replace the bush bolts loosely and refit the small arm bolt(this needs to be in the same position as it controls the rear toe angle) fully tighten all bolts and refit the h/brake cable.

Sorry if that sounds a bit garbled but ive had a few.  hope that helps a bit.
Lee
VAUXHALL TRADE CLUB AND HALFORDS TRADE CARD  AND V6 LOCKING KIT HOLDER  always happy to help if poss

neilr

• Intermediate Member
  • Barnet, Herts
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 18 March 2010, 15:34:56 »

Lee thanks does make sense just wanted to confirm I dont need to take whole arm off. i may try and and use length of stud to make a puller.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 21 queries.