Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: valuation - you must be joking  (Read 2269 times)

bigpaul

• highworth swindon
    • X reg 2.6 V6 CDX manual
    • View Profile
valuation - you must be joking
« on: 08 January 2012, 15:16:30 »

It all started with a conversation with my boy when he offered me £700 for my Omega 2.6 V6 on an X plate only 80,000 on the clock - You must be joking I said

OK the management light is on/off/on/off - currently on again which I promise not to bore you with again  ;D  but obviously is on my list to fix

It got me thinking so there I go online I have to say i almost fell over the valuations ranged £750 to a paltry £300

It really is quite depressing  :'(

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: valuation - you must be joking
« Reply #1 on: 08 January 2012, 15:18:46 »

Yup, nobody wants big gas guzzlers currently.
Grumpy old man

bigpaul

• highworth swindon
    • X reg 2.6 V6 CDX manual
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08 January 2012, 15:32:05 »

what makes it worse ?

My son has an interest in a 4x4 so i thought ok lets pick him up a cheap one yeah right ready for this ?

A Pajero on a "K" plate whats that 1992 ? well believe this or not £2000 bloody hoofing great guzzler as well looking at 18 MPG  >:(

Double checked the price yep right on achievable every time

whats a man to do

r1

• Omega Knight
  • nottingham
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08 January 2012, 15:36:21 »

It all started with a conversation with my boy when he offered me £700 for my Omega 2.6 V6 on an X plate only 80,000 on the clock - You must be joking I said

OK the management light is on/off/on/off - currently on again which I promise not to bore you with again  ;D  but obviously is on my list to fix

It got me thinking so there I go online I have to say i almost fell over the valuations ranged £750 to a paltry £300

the facts of life is that the a 10 year old big heavey car with a big engine with high road tax and insurance  and poor mpg so hasnt got much going for it.
lets face it its not a very pleasing car to look at[not a babe magnet]  dosnt have a hatch back that most people want nowadays
its a bit of a dinosoar.

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • 2000 (W Reg.) 2.5 V6 CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08 January 2012, 15:48:11 »

the facts of life is that the a 10 year old big heavey car with a big engine with high road tax and insurance  and poor mpg so hasnt got much going for it.
lets face it its not a very pleasing car to look at[not a babe magnet]  dosnt have a hatch back that most people want nowadays
its a bit of a dinosoar.

All very, very true R1. I bloody love her though  :y :y :y :y
RIP Paul Lovejoy

omega3000

« Reply #5 on: 08 January 2012, 16:00:31 »

not a very pleasing car to look
:o

Ive heard that some omega diesels dont do much more to the gallon esp around town ..always liked the look of the omega , well cant afford a LOTUS carlton just yet  :(

Omega_Dan

« Reply #6 on: 08 January 2012, 17:14:27 »

Thats why ill never sell mine. Spent lots of money over and above keeping it maintained mechanically and externally. Its a labour of love in most cases keeping these old buses on the road and i want mine to still be on the road in another 10 years.

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08 January 2012, 17:31:19 »

its a bit of a dinosoar.

"....the eye of the beholder" and all that. Personally I think the facelift saloon looks very good. But I would say that.......... ;D ;D ;D

Omega_Dan

« Reply #8 on: 08 January 2012, 17:45:11 »

its a bit of a dinosoar.

"....the eye of the beholder" and all that. Personally I think the facelift saloon looks very good. But I would say that.......... ;D ;D ;D

Likewise. Quite handsome and unoffensive.

Martian

« Reply #9 on: 08 January 2012, 17:54:05 »

what makes it worse ?

My son has an interest in a 4x4 so i thought ok lets pick him up a cheap one yeah right ready for this ?

A Pajero on a "K" plate whats that 1992 ? well believe this or not £2000 bloody hoofing great guzzler as well looking at 18 MPG  >:(

whats a man to do
A 20 year old 4x4 will always be worth more than (say) a 10 year old car because it is a completely different animal aimed at a completely different market, so not really a fair comparison IMO.
The only person to blame for your car being worth a lot less than what it really is these days is the leader of this (once) great nation, because if he wasn't doing you up the tradesmans under the guise of "fuel duty" then everyone could easily afford to drive around in planet killing V8's just like the yanks do at the moment because fuel is only $3 (£1.94) per gallon out there.

geoffr70

• Omega Baron
  • Sunderland
  • Boobies
    • F/L 3.0 Elite, 3.0 MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 08 January 2012, 18:12:26 »

what makes it worse ?

whats a man to do
A 20 year old 4x4 will always be worth more than (say) a 10 year old car because it is a completely different animal aimed at a completely different market, so not really a fair comparison IMO.
The only person to blame for your car being worth a lot less than what it really is these days is the leader of this (once) great nation, because if he wasn't doing you up the tradesmans under the guise of "fuel duty" then everyone could easily afford to drive around in planet killing V8's just like the yanks do at the moment because fuel is only $3 (£1.94) per gallon out there.

Nothing to do with thd last labour government than is it? Dave could reduce the duty if faff old Gordon was a little prudent
TC and BnQ Trade holder.
I'll out pull you with my caravan!
V6 locking kit available locally, with deposit.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 08 January 2012, 18:54:51 »

......  doesn't have a hatch back that most people want nowadays

I don't, I like the '3 box saloon'  ???
Hatchbacks & estates suffer more road noise than a proper saloon.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 08 January 2012, 18:58:24 »

......  doesn't have a hatch back that most people want nowadays

I don't, I like the '3 box saloon'  ???
Hatchbacks & estates suffer more road noise than a proper saloon.
I was gonna make some wise crack about Senators, but thought that some might think that is cliquey or whatever else we are supposed to be.
Grumpy old man

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 08 January 2012, 19:01:07 »

I was gonna make some wise crack about Senators,  .......

Why would I have thought otherwise .......  ::) ::) ;)

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 08 January 2012, 19:18:05 »

£700, bite his hand off  ;D
Retired

Stallion

• Omega Knight
  • Romford
  • "If you can't CONVINCE them, CONFUSE them"!!
    • 3.2 Irmscher Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 08 January 2012, 21:41:01 »

its a bit of a dinosoar.

All very, very true R1. I bloody love her though  :y :y :y :y

+1  :y :y

MaxV6

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford UK
  • Give me 6 cylinders and i'm happy.
    • 2.2SportPremium Jag est
    • View Profile
    • Work related forums....
« Reply #16 on: 09 January 2012, 12:15:17 »

something even more depressing , it's a LOT easier to buy an auto Miggy in half decent nick for £750 than it is an auto Corsa .......

from the littlest Vx to the biggest Vx, very much  a desirability role reversal at 10 years old it would seem.....

If I haven't broken it yet, I soon will.
"The 4th Rule of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light.

jyr001

• Norfolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 10 January 2012, 16:00:18 »

I was looking at changing mine out for some more sportier fun a couple of weeks ago and was looking at audi tt's. I had some naive belief that my Mig would actually be worth something until I asked for a p/x valuation (I know its better to sell privately etc but I was just testing the water). Best I got offered was £500 and one dealer (seriously) offered me only £200 against a 7 grand motor. Needless to say I declined (and not very politely) and after a 60 mile blat back from the dealers I've decided she's not such a bad girl after all. I'm now reaquainting myself with the pleasures of my green goddess and decided to keep her - at least until something catastrophic goes pop at which time it will be time for the scrappy... They say beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Never more so than with Mig I feel. 
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 21 queries.