Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: jaguar xf is sh..y  (Read 3676 times)

Del Boy

• Omega Queen
  • Kent, UK.
    • 2012 '62' BMW 730d MSport
    • View Profile
Re: jaguar xf is sh..y
« Reply #15 on: 30 March 2012, 14:50:54 »

XF all the way.

I think one of the reason why British cars fell out of favour to the German rivals was build quality.
So more and more people stopped buying them, which in turn meant that they would have to 'cut corners' and cost save.
This just made it worse.

And to be honest, Audi, BMW and Mercedes have poor reliability and quality (most models, not all) these days anyway, if you take customer survey results.

Jaguar Land Rover have been given a life line now and are selling huge in Asia as well as the rest of the world.
In my opinion the new designs they are coming out with rival and even better the Germans. All they needed was the money.
S class, 7 Series and the A8 have nothing on the XJ.

I couldn't agree less with that statement. S Class is the most comfortable, the 7 Series drives the best out of all the big limos, the Jag does exceed the A8, but it can't match any of them for quality in my opinion.
Drives: 2013 (13) BMW 530d M Sport Touring, 2011 '61' BMW 520d SE.

noel

• Omega Knight
  • frome somerset
  • i feel the need for speed
    • 02 omega 2.6 v6 cdx auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 30 March 2012, 20:41:39 »

My wife tried to get me off the bikes by promising me a XF. I went with the idea until I found out I had to buy it myself
that's women for you .full of good ideas till it comes to paying for them  ;D ;D
« Last Edit: 30 March 2012, 20:43:43 by noel »
oh well that's another day done

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 30 March 2012, 21:52:15 »

Yes but the servicing will hit you hard in the wallet.  £300+ for an oil change.........
I suspect Mrs TB could sort that for me ::)
Grumpy old man

waspy

« Reply #18 on: 31 March 2012, 19:10:17 »

My mates just bought an XF 2.2 diesel & he loves it :y :y

Looks bloody fantastic too 8) 8) 8) 8)

05omegav6

« Reply #19 on: 03 April 2012, 04:02:11 »

XF all the way.

I think one of the reason why British cars fell out of favour to the German rivals was build quality.
So more and more people stopped buying them, which in turn meant that they would have to 'cut corners' and cost save.
This just made it worse.

And to be honest, Audi, BMW and Mercedes have poor reliability and quality (most models, not all) these days anyway, if you take customer survey results.

Jaguar Land Rover have been given a life line now and are selling huge in Asia as well as the rest of the world.
In my opinion the new designs they are coming out with rival and even better the Germans. All they needed was the money.
S class, 7 Series and the A8 have nothing on the XJ.

I couldn't agree less with that statement. S Class is the most comfortable, the 7 Series drives the best out of all the big limos, the Jag does exceed the A8, but it can't match any of them for quality in my opinion.
When do you pick up the Jag Del? Purely for research purposes of course :P

aaronjb

« Reply #20 on: 03 April 2012, 09:11:38 »

One of the guys at work has the big diesel XF.. it's pretty rapid for a wheezil! At least as rapid (it felt more, in fact) than the big engined A8 diesel another guy had - and at least the XF hasn't been back to the dealer every other week for repairs - unlike most of the Audis at work! ;D..

Although according to one of the Audi owners (who happens to be German), that's just because British mechanics all come with stetsons and spurs .. ;D (Unlike their German counterparts, who are presumably all wearing Lederhosen)
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 22 queries.