Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Car needed for touring europe  (Read 2672 times)

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Car needed for touring europe
« Reply #15 on: 05 August 2012, 12:16:16 »

Its scarcer than that round these parts at the moment. Pump on the A12 Witham has been broken for three weeks. Total garage A12 Marks Tey was closed for refurb.Now reopened but LPG pump is broken.Heybridge  garage with LPG has closed down.Need to make a special trip to Sudbury or BP A12 near the football ground,both a 20 mile round trip. :(

The BP at the football ground is staffed by "special people" (to use an admin's favourite phrase) >:( Have had to fill up there twice in the last few days and they are adamant there's nothing wrong with the pump even though it's sooo slow that it takes at least 10 mins to fill up >:( >:(

Only good thing is that they have a 5p/L off offer on fizzy pop so I get a full tank of LPG, 2 bottles of pop and the total is less than the LPG was on it's own :y
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

albitz

« Reply #16 on: 05 August 2012, 12:23:58 »

The pump there is a slow one. :y......didnt know about the fizzy pop offer.Will investigate that tomorrow,cheers. :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 05 August 2012, 12:31:22 »

The pump there is a slow one. :y......didnt know about the fizzy pop offer.Will investigate that tomorrow,cheers. :y
IIRC, you had a really small tank? Or was that JCB?

If so, the high price of the pop, compared to Tesco, may make it not worthwhile.
Grumpy old man

horsecow

• Omagh
    • 2.2 dti cdx/3.2 elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 05 August 2012, 12:41:33 »

what are the dti's like on fuel, dont think I'll need an estate its just me the wife and the child so saloon should be ok. Hate estates  :y
Drive 'er like yer late for mass!!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 05 August 2012, 12:42:48 »

what are the dti's like on fuel, dont think I'll need an estate its just me the wife and the child so saloon should be ok. Hate estates  :y
See my post on page 1 ;)
Grumpy old man

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 05 August 2012, 12:48:20 »

If so, the high price of the pop, compared to Tesco, may make it not worthwhile.

Same car ;) As said Albs, I don't think you'll be able to fill with enough to get them free like I do :-\

horsecow

• Omagh
    • 2.2 dti cdx/3.2 elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 05 August 2012, 12:48:47 »

sorry tb, missed that, 45mpg would be sound. Did a lot of driving in England last yr, had a passat bluemotion hired, excellent driver, very comfy and was getting around 70mpg in it but its outside my price range  :(. Might look into hiring, just feeling it out at the minute.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 05 August 2012, 14:36:05 »

sorry tb, missed that, 45mpg would be sound. Did a lot of driving in England last yr, had a passat bluemotion hired, excellent driver, very comfy and was getting around 70mpg in it but its outside my price range  :(. Might look into hiring, just feeling it out at the minute.
Would hire/new car be cost effective against the extra fuel your v6 would use  :-\
Grumpy old man

albitz

« Reply #23 on: 05 August 2012, 14:53:46 »

Same car ;) As said Albs, I don't think you'll be able to fill with enough to get them free like I do :-\

Borrox,didnt think of that.Its always me. I was all built up on the idea too.:'( ;D ;D
From empty (which it now is) that pump will probably put about 58ltrs in my 60 litre tank.Had 59.75 from it once,which makes me wonder how inaccurate it is. ::)
Will probably still go there (as opposed to Sudbury)as I could do with a visit to Underwoods (which is 5 minutes away)for some oil & other service bits & pieces.

horsecow

• Omagh
    • 2.2 dti cdx/3.2 elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 05 August 2012, 15:39:29 »

Would hire/new car be cost effective against the extra fuel your v6 would use  :-\
You could have a point there, on a really good run I'm getting around 37 mpg but as I said I'm just feeling it out, I fancy a new motor as well and it might convince the missus to get rid of her avensis if I bought something and she seen how economical it was and comfy  :y :y

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 05 August 2012, 16:28:58 »

Borrox,didnt think of that.Its always me. I was all built up on the idea too.:'( ;D ;D
From empty (which it now is) that pump will probably put about 58ltrs in my 60 litre tank.Had 59.75 from it once,which makes me wonder how inaccurate it is. ::)
Will probably still go there (as opposed to Sudbury)as I could do with a visit to Underwoods (which is 5 minutes away)for some oil & other service bits & pieces.

I've filled there twice in the last week or so (through desperation, not choice!) and it's shut off at about the right point both times ;) In previous fills there (from memory) it's been about right as well :y

Perhaps the shut off on your multivalve is sticking sometimes :-\ Or is that you holding the button until no more will go in long after the fill actually stops (virtually) ???

albitz

« Reply #26 on: 05 August 2012, 16:41:18 »

Could be a sticky valve I suppose. :-\......no point keep holding the button to try and get another 10p in after having already been stood holding it for at least 10 minutes. ;)
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 22 queries.