Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: roof paint  (Read 6655 times)

omega3000

Re: roof paint
« Reply #45 on: 25 September 2012, 19:19:46 »

thanks EMD.. finally today my stress end up.. :)

spent many hours.. so had to be good.. cant do it again.. but honestly paint jobs depends also on a bit of luck..

even the dusts create problem.. although paint cabins are relatively clean.. not as clean as I desire :-\

Hopefully you wont have to now with the epoxy on it , only in your summer will you know if it will survive the intense heat  :-\ if it does not survive you can always have an omega cabriolet  :)

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #46 on: 25 September 2012, 19:34:20 »

thanks EMD.. finally today my stress end up.. :)

spent many hours.. so had to be good.. cant do it again.. but honestly paint jobs depends also on a bit of luck..

even the dusts create problem.. although paint cabins are relatively clean.. not as clean as I desire :-\

Hopefully you wont have to now with the epoxy on it , only in your summer will you know if it will survive the intense heat  :-\ if it does not survive you can always have an omega cabriolet  :)

this scratch resistent laquer is better than the original laquer.. I estimate it will keep up at leat 6-7 years.. And I'm not sure I will keep this car that long.. so the buyer will be lucky :)

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 25 September 2012, 20:39:57 »

all sanding done by me.. as my finger tips skin is gone I cant hold even a glass of tea ;D

will dry for 2 days.. will be sanded with wet 2000 again and then will polished..

I feel your pain Cem , I REALLY do .......... ;D
It's looking great .  :y

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #48 on: 25 September 2012, 20:45:18 »

all sanding done by me.. as my finger tips skin is gone I cant hold even a glass of tea ;D

will dry for 2 days.. will be sanded with wet 2000 again and then will polished..

I feel your pain Cem , I REALLY do .......... ;D
It's looking great .  :y

thanks Olympia :) :y

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #49 on: 25 September 2012, 21:11:24 »

for those interested in scratch resistent laquer application:

its applied with late hardener 3:1 ratio.. (3 laquer 1 hardener by volume)

no thinner added.. but still dries very late and can easily flow..

for that reason a pre application for original color coat must be applied to close the surface before actual painting session..

must be applied before the last paint coat dries .. then 2 layers of tiny "dusting" of laquer .. wait 15-20 minutes (this is in cabin temp of at least 30-35 celcius.. then heavy slow spraying of last coat until the surface become mirror like..

omega3000

« Reply #50 on: 27 September 2012, 05:36:04 »

You will have the best looking roof in Ankara , dont think we have seen your car since being sprayed silver ? Will be good to see how it looks now its all done , almost  :-\ i mean providing your arms are strong enough to open the door now  ;D :y

mrgreen

• Salzburg/austria
    • 2000 2.2 petrol estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 28 September 2012, 01:33:05 »

man well done! that's one hell of alot of work for a clit, to stop the dust and overspray settling do you not leave the ventilation fans running in the paint cabin whilst drying?
Warning: Dates in Calendar are closer than they appear.

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #52 on: 28 September 2012, 10:17:00 »

man well done! that's one hell of alot of work for a clit, to stop the dust and overspray settling do you not leave the ventilation fans running in the paint cabin whilst drying?

ventilation fans are stopped after few minutes.. we need to stop because we have to apply heat for some time.. but specific to this laquer case (as I'm afraid of that it can flow at higher temperatures) we apply only 20 minutes.. and then the car stayed in the cabin until next day morning.. I always prefer to take appointment for the last car painted, otherwise you can never guess what will happen when you take a freshly painted car outside..

car now is initially sanded (morning) , waited another day under sun and polished night time.. dusts ( a few) are removed..

now will wait for 10-15 days for the paint to loose its gloss which means surface hardened and dried completely  then will be polished again.. 
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 22 queries.