Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Has 'political correctness' gone way too far?  (Read 1936 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Has 'political correctness' gone way too far?
« Reply #15 on: 24 October 2012, 19:21:10 »

Shame the OP has decided to air his views on another site, seems that if he can't do what he wants here he'll disparage the site elsewhere.

Teddy and cot comes to mind, and about the same mentality I guess... :(

I know how my opinion has just changed, :(

(and not a swear word, masked or not used)
Well, that is a shame, and I'm not entirely sure why this thread even exists  :-\.  Its more than a shame, it actually makes me quite angry.

The facts are the OP used the C word (albeit partially masked), the post in question got deleted (by the Admin Team), I came along later and sent a PM to the OP asking not to use said word again here in the future. I felt that the C word is unsuitable for this site.

I like to think the PM was a quiet, friendly, private please-try-to-refrain-in-the-future, not a headmaster-has-spoken,-six-of-the-best public telling off. Clearly, the OP feels (or at least took it as) it was the latter  :-[, and decided to post publically with more than a hint of anger and sarcasm.

I fully accept and understand I'm not everyone's cup of tea - I never could be - but I do consider myself fair, understanding and approachable.  I also like to think I'm open and honest, and so prepared to put myself in the firing line in this thread. Thus my replies, and replies which are as I see things with Mr Admin hat on.

The Admin team are 6 individuals, with 6 different individual outlooks on all things in life, so our line in the sand way occasionally wanders slightly, depending on who is moderating. Thats life. We are humans, not clones. Thankfully. We are busy with our own lives, but find the time to give to this forum. Nobody gets paid (quite the opposite!), nobody gains apart from the odd feebie t-shirt etc.

2 of the Admin Team have steered this monster from the start, the other 4 have joined us along the way. Its a fairly soul-destroying task, and certainly ruins any enjoyment I used to get here, which probably comes across in some of the more searching questions about OOF.

Not looking for sympathy. Absolutely not. Personally, I'm at a place of not really worrying what OOF members say or think of me. But piss off the other 5, they may leave, and that wouldn't be a good place for OOF. What I am looking for is for people to (re)familiarise themselves with the guidelines, and try to abide by the expected behaviour set out in them.  The Admin Team are not fun police, they are there to ensure the site continues as per its original ethos - a warm, friendly site where Owners can exchange knowledge on the car. Something I feel we are being dragged further and further away from as time passes.

Its a long time to the Lakes, and we have a long winter ahead. I do worry about OOF. Really worry.

PS: Not looking for brown-nosers, I personally don't respond well, as I get embarrassed. You may find we are testing the 24hr banning mechanism ;)
Grumpy old man

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 24 October 2012, 19:58:47 »

I've checked a number of other sites this evening and all bar the one I cannot access (never managed to, ever.....) have nothing of note regarding the matter, so guess its on there and I simply cannot see it. 

Perhaps its for the best.......

STMO123

« Reply #17 on: 24 October 2012, 20:04:57 »

terribly sorry old boy, I am a little tired ;D

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 24 October 2012, 21:02:06 »

At the risk of offending the OP, if you are not happy here then don't let the door skelp your erse on the way out......

:)

Abiton

« Reply #19 on: 24 October 2012, 21:06:49 »

:y
Yep, take your whining and moaning elsewhere, please.

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 25 October 2012, 10:02:10 »

At the risk of offending the OP, if you are not happy here then don't let the door skelp your erse on the way out......

:)

Stop being diplomatic  ;D ;D ;D
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 18 queries.