Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Browser problem- Delta Search  (Read 492 times)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Browser problem- Delta Search
« on: 12 April 2013, 09:30:00 »

I use Firefox from preference.

I downloaded a programme H2testw to use and along with it came a change to my browser that I didn't ask for (knowingly). The search engine is now Delta search. Plus a blank page has a wobbling banner in the middle with "something wrong with your PC , click here" type message which I ignore. I looked at how to change search engine within a browser and thought it would be easier to uninstal and re instal. Wrong. It s still there plus it has also changed IE9 to Delta search! I had to use that to download Firefox.

I have AVG'd the machine and MalwareByted it and not found any issues. However I would like rid of it! I would like to keep my bookmarked pages.

Any suggestions please?
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Browser problem- Delta Search
« Reply #1 on: 12 April 2013, 10:51:33 »

Guessing you downloaded the util from a dodgy place :(

I'd always back up the bookmarks, uninstall, and reinstall after any unauthorised plugin, but you may want to try just removing plugins (from within FF)
Grumpy old man

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Browser problem- Delta Search
« Reply #2 on: 12 April 2013, 16:51:42 »

I had the same problem with AVG hijacking Google search. AVG overrides disabling the plug-in and resetting the default page.

I did a registry search and could not find the cause, but I got rid of the problem by physically deleting the plug-in files.
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 22 queries.