Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Intercooler air leak - exhaust emissions light  (Read 611 times)

Fiona

• Dublin, Ireland
    • 2.2 Omega DTI / E30 325i
    • View Profile
Intercooler air leak - exhaust emissions light
« on: 19 January 2014, 11:22:33 »

Hi all

For a while now I have had this sound when turning off the car, I thought it might be something connected with the air con.

http://youtu.be/bkHvTu18Snw

On Friday I took the car for a short spin to the shops and the exhaust emissions light came on for 10 seconds, couldn't see any smoke anywhere coming from the back of the car.

I am petrified to drive the car anywhere now for fear of blowing up a second turbo as this is the light that came on when the turbo went poop, there was however no surge or nothing like what happened the last time, I was stuck in traffic at the time idling.

Is it safe to drive on this, need to get her to the boyfriends to it can be inspected.

There is also a squeaking coming from the car, it's slightly like the sound a fan belt would make but it was changed less than 10k miles ago. Would my car (2001) be timing belt or chain?

Car is running fine otherwise, piggish when cold but when she is warm she is grand, we put some Dipatane in her 400 miles ago and I dunno if it's in my head but the car certainly felt more responsive on the way home.

Could the Dipatane have something to do with it, moving soot onto a sensor? (I probably have no idea what I am talking about here  :-[)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 18 queries.