Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: well that's the carpet shagged  (Read 2408 times)

05omegav6

Re: well that's the carpet shagged
« Reply #30 on: 22 January 2014, 22:11:40 »

Fit the taps and run the pipes prior to installing the bath :y then use flexi hoses of a suitable diameter to connect the tails to the pipes where they exit the floor :y

When you strip the old bath fit shutoff valves to the feed pipes before you do owt else. That way you can still make tea and use the loo without repercussion :y

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 22 January 2014, 22:11:47 »

Its easy to fit and as a bleddy sight more reliable than plumbers soldering.

Being fair, a low joint on old pipe work, where water seems along the pipe is exceptionally difficult to solder as the water keeps creeping in and cooling the joint. Or, just join the plastic onto copper. Cut to length(snip) push together (click).... measure the next one, to within the nearest two inches ::) measure, snip, click. Jobbed.

It's actually bugger all to do with plumbing. Idiot proof. Ideal for tradesman. ;D

Indeed, but in 10 year's time, when the rubber seal has perished... ;)

Plastic speed/push fit joints usually have a 20 year guarantee, which I'm sure will put your mind at rest Kevin!  ::)  :)

I used them recently when I fitted a bath with centre taps and it made the whole operation a lot easier! :y  If I'd tried to solder the joints I'd have probably managed to burn a hole in the bath!!  ::)  ;D

Is there an adapter or something to go from copper to plastic? the bit of flexibility you get with plastic must be helpful with bathroom fittings, our Caravan (Static) is all plastic plumbing......... ;) ;)

05omegav6

« Reply #32 on: 22 January 2014, 22:14:08 »

Speed fit will join both, but must always fit an insert to stop the pipes from crushing when you plug them in :y

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 22 January 2014, 22:31:49 »

Well the plumber has been and sorted the problem.  It seems a washer had gone and not the joint as I had first thought.  So that has been done and the stop cock fixed which was not screwed in hard enough.

So far the damage is not too bad.  There is a very small water mark on the kitchen ceiling and the gratuitous use of towels in the bedroom has brought up most of the water.  I just need to move some furniture around to make sure it dries out.  I have a space heater too which will help dry things out.

I always replace the old brass stop cocks with full bore lever valves, so much easier to use, and more reliable. :y
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 18 queries.