Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I don't exist any more...  (Read 1087 times)

jereboam99

• Suffolk
    • Jaguar X-type
    • View Profile
I don't exist any more...
« on: 03 August 2014, 22:43:53 »

I used to be an active member of this forum - an Omega Knight no less - but I can't log in any more.  Admittedly, I've only logged in once in the last year, so I shouldn't complain if my membership has been suspended.  As a guest, I couldn't find any way to message the Admins, so I've had to re-register and I used what I hope will be a recognisable username.

Didn't lose interest, but having been obliged to change my car, I didn't seem to have so much to contribute here.  And I've been in very poor health for the last few months, so I haven't done much of anything, to be honest.

When I say "change my car", what I actually meant was get another car - we were about to go on holiday, and the Omega wasn't working so it was easier to get something else.

As a result, my lovely Omega has been standing unused in my driveway for a year now. 

Sad to say, the time has now come for it to go.  I'd rather it went to a good home than the scrapyard.  Basically, I can either try to sell it, or give it away.  Won't break it - too much hassle.

What should I do?

Paddy Flannery

• Intermediate Member
  • Hertford, Hertfordshire
    • 2003 2.6 V6
    • View Profile
Re: I don't exist any more...
« Reply #1 on: 03 August 2014, 22:47:33 »

Give it away to someone on here who might want to do her up and put another one back on the road. Up to your good self.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03 August 2014, 23:01:31 »

I used to be an active member of this forum - an Omega Knight no less - but I can't log in any more.  Admittedly, I've only logged in once in the last year, so I shouldn't complain if my membership has been suspended.  As a guest, I couldn't find any way to message the Admins, so I've had to re-register and I used what I hope will be a recognisable username.

Didn't lose interest, but having been obliged to change my car, I didn't seem to have so much to contribute here.  And I've been in very poor health for the last few months, so I haven't done much of anything, to be honest.

When I say "change my car", what I actually meant was get another car - we were about to go on holiday, and the Omega wasn't working so it was easier to get something else.

As a result, my lovely Omega has been standing unused in my driveway for a year now. 

Sad to say, the time has now come for it to go.  I'd rather it went to a good home than the scrapyard.  Basically, I can either try to sell it, or give it away.  Won't break it - too much hassle.

What should I do?

Hi Jereboam and welcome back. Where about in Suffolk are you?

chrisgixer

« Reply #3 on: 03 August 2014, 23:12:10 »

Hi, indeed welcome back. I'm sure an admin will be along re your old account. Maybe then an advert will help.

Do you know what is up with it?

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03 August 2014, 23:46:14 »

Nice to hear from you. :y

Your old account is alive and well, and we don't delete them through inactivity.

If you can't get any joy with the "forgotten password" link in the login page, drop me a PM and we'll reunite you with your account.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

chrisgixer

« Reply #5 on: 03 August 2014, 23:48:12 »

Hi, indeed welcome back. I'm sure an admin will be along re your old account. Maybe then an advert will help.

Do you know what is up with it?

Sorry, the car I mean. :-[ ;D

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04 August 2014, 20:33:17 »

Welcome back, good to see you on the forum. :y :y :y
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

jereboam99

• Suffolk
    • Jaguar X-type
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 05 August 2014, 01:39:09 »

Sorry for the delay in responding to replies - bit under the weather this morning and couldn't do much.

Right, where in Suffolk? - not far from Ipswich - one of the villages just to the West of the town.

Advert? Presumably you mean the "cars for sale" section here? 

Don't know what state the car is in - definitely needs a wash.  Haven't run the engine since September, but I did remember to disconnect the battery.  It's probably flat, if not dead.  Tyres look OK, and the visible rust (bottom of doors and wheel arches) doesn't look any worse than it did a couple of years back.  Was having a problem with the ABS ECU, I seem to remember, which was why I had to get another car - wasn't worth a £700 repair bill, and didn't have time to fix it myself before I went on holiday

Not fit enough to do much about it at the moment, and my non-driving wife knows absolutely nothing about cars.  Daughter lives in Cardiff, elder son rebuilding his house, younger son gone to Australia and the cat died last week, so I haven't got any assistance.  None of my friends and neighbours would be any help, although the bloke next door is motorbike crazy - doesn't do cars though - got a company VW.  Local garage man told me a year ago that I ought to scrap it, but then when I first met him 15 years ago he was engaged in a life and death struggle with this V6 engine (not an Omega, as far as I recall) and he has hated my car ever since I bought it.

So it looks like the Omega is going to sit there until either no. 1 son finishes his house or or no. 2 son gets back from his walkabout.
« Last Edit: 05 August 2014, 01:41:45 by jereboam99 »

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 05 August 2014, 21:08:58 »

How is the Jaguar Mondeo going?..... ::) ::) ;)

jereboam99

• Suffolk
    • Jaguar X-type
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 05 August 2014, 21:58:11 »

The Jaguar is doing fine.  Had it for about a year now and no real problems.  I do have to say, though, that while it may not be a fully fledged Jaguar, it's nothing like a Mondeo.  Definitely more J than M.

A few weeks back, I had it serviced and put 4 new Pirellis on.  Can't say that I noticed any difference, 'cos the car went to the garage the same day as I went to the hospital, and I haven't been able to drive since.  Got my son to use it to drive me to a shop to get a new laptop, and as far as I tell it's running fine.

With a bit of luck, I might be able to get out and take some pictures of the Omega later this week - maybe even jump start it if the battery's not completely dead.  Can't clean it though - definitely too much for me.  And I can't road test it either - no tax or MOT.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 06 August 2014, 13:48:51 »

Welcome back to the forum. Can't advise you on the Omega issue but look forward to more of your dry humour.

Also hope you are recovering well. There is now't to recommend getting older.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

PhilRich

• Omega Queen
  • A bit further North of the Back of Beyond!
    • Mk 2 Volvo V70
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 06 August 2014, 23:25:56 »

Nice to see? hear from you again Jereboam! Good to hear you're back on the upward track after your recent poor health  :y
If it ain't broke keep fixing it 'til it is!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 18 queries.