Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cheap truck  (Read 1519 times)

omega3000

Cheap truck
« on: 14 September 2014, 15:52:30 »

As uk ebay is out of order i was browsing usa site and seen this : Truck £1200 is a good price for this , would love to own it  :)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Re: Cheap truck
« Reply #1 on: 14 September 2014, 16:36:01 »

I like browsing ebay USA and also ebay Australia.  It makes you realise how cheap cars are here in comparison.  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

omega3000

« Reply #2 on: 14 September 2014, 16:48:04 »

I like browsing ebay USA and also ebay Australia.  It makes you realise how cheap cars are here in comparison.  :y

I think the import duties ect would probably be more than the truck  :( If i ever save enough or win enough i would like to move to usa for good  :y

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 14 September 2014, 18:28:54 »

In UK, about a half the price they are in Spain and you don't have to pay a transfer tax of about 7% of government book value!. Only plus side is that cars don't rot so much here. Have a look here

http://www.milanuncios.com/opel-omega-de-segunda-mano-en-andalucia/
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 14 September 2014, 21:01:47 »

Have a looky see at the price of Catera's on Ebay USA!  :o
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Keith ABS

• Omega Baron
  • Maldon Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 15 September 2014, 18:09:25 »

mate of mine emigrated to Aus. after he sold both his Cosworths out there, decided to indulge in something he always fancied here, Jag XJR40. Here would have cost him £3000, out there the equivalent of £12,000
Keith B

aaronjb

« Reply #6 on: 15 September 2014, 18:31:03 »

I'd really love a 1950s step side pickup as a daily, something like this: http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C527829

Fuel economy might be a bit eye watering, though. Wonder how well a mixer LPG system works… ;D

Actually test drove a Ford Ranger Wildtrack (3.2L I5 diesel) the other day down some country lanes - much better drive than I thought it'd be and part of me wishes I'd gone for something like that instead of a "crossover" as the Omega replacement.

I also realised why pickups/vans/4x4s are always barrelling down the motorway at break neck speed - because there is no sensation of speed.. I came to the first junction in the Wildtrack and wondered why I couldn't get it stopped easily; I assumed poor brakes until I realised I'd approached it at 70mph  :-[ ;D

05omegav6

« Reply #7 on: 15 September 2014, 20:41:14 »

omega3000

« Reply #8 on: 15 September 2014, 20:49:53 »

That's not just me then ::)

You say that, there are some reasonably priced classics there...

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Mercedes-Benz-450SE-W116-1978-lovely-example-on-dedicated-Gas-Automatic-V8-/141390888629?pt=AU_Cars&hash=item20eb8dbeb5&_uhb=1 :y

You still not bought one of those yet then  ::) ;D

If money was flush , i'd seriously consider importing these old trucks and making a tidy profit  :y

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 16 September 2014, 09:36:06 »

I'd really love a 1950s step side pickup as a daily, something like this: http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C527829

Fuel economy might be a bit eye watering, though. Wonder how well a mixer LPG system works… ;D

They work quite nicely on the V8s we use in the winches at the gliding club. Take a bit of cranking to start them on a cold morning but they run very nicely - on just LPG. No petrol system fitted. Can't comment on fuel consumption. Of the 2 100L LPG tanks in the rear, one of them is often empty following a busy day.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 18 queries.