Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Christmas came early for me!!!  (Read 1497 times)

Crazycarzowner

Christmas came early for me!!!
« on: 08 December 2014, 16:34:42 »

Well ordered my new toy for the Discovery & it arrived yesterday (Yup Sunday) Got a full fat diagnostic kit for the Disco from Hawkeye with a few extras on it  :y :y :y So now I can sort out all those blooming little niggles & gey some new keys & fobs programmed (He thinks)   

OH NO!!!! SWMBO said that because she, my inlaws & my parents contributed to it for my Christmas present, it has to be wrapped & saved to open on Christmas day  ??? ??? ??? ??? GRRRRR!!!!

I know what I'll be doin Christmas day afternoon now - In the garage, vew beers in hand sorting out a few bits & pieces!!!!  ;D ;D ;D

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
Re: Christmas came early for me!!!
« Reply #1 on: 08 December 2014, 16:58:19 »

They are good bits of kit,Nanocom does similar :y
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

Crazycarzowner

« Reply #2 on: 08 December 2014, 19:40:22 »

Got it to play with for the D1 V8, but with an ulterior motive - Wanting a Discovery 3/4 next year  :y :y :y :y

Shhhh!!!  :-X Don't tell the misses  :-X

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08 December 2014, 19:59:24 »

Got it to play with for the D1 V8, but with an ulterior motive - Wanting a Discovery 3/4 next year  :y :y :y :y

You'll need deep pockets to keep one of them,the bills they can generate can be horrific,ie body off chassis to get to turbo's on the D4,lovely drive though,just a shame the quality isn't better :'(
other rides 

gstylebaby

• Omega Knight
  • stockport
  • Ever dance with the devil in the pale moon light
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08 December 2014, 20:40:01 »

You'll need deep pockets to keep one of them,the bills they can generate can be horrific,ie body off chassis to get to turbo's on the D4,lovely drive though,just a shame the quality isn't better :'(

Been looking at the discovery 2 I think it is anyone have any info on ownership for one ???? I have seen a nice looking example on a 52 plate 2.5tdi one.

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08 December 2014, 22:50:02 »

Been looking at the discovery 2 I think it is anyone have any info on ownership for one ???? I have seen a nice looking example on a 52 plate 2.5tdi one.

I've just scrapped my v8 D2(engine block cracked),if buying pay particular attention to the rear end of the chassis, they can and do rot very badly.
Also if Ace is fitted check condition of pipework and hydraulic rams as expensive to fix if gone dog,if 7 seater then should have air suspension at rear,check it still has it as a lot are converted back to springs whichcan sometimes cause insurance issues.
other rides 

scimmy_man

• Omega Knight
  • yorkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09 December 2014, 12:13:13 »

I have had a disco 1 for years, we swapped her disco 1 for a disco 2, I could never get comfy in the driving position, either the pedals needed to come back 2 inch or the steering wheel forwards,

after 4 years swapped it for a freelander 2, she loves it.
have heard too many horror stories about the cost of running a disco 3/4  bushes etc.

belldarr

« Reply #7 on: 09 December 2014, 19:23:52 »

I have  been looking at getting one of these units for my Range Rover L322 - but new tyres, Service and MOT are looming so possibly in the spring I will get one :)

DB

Crazycarzowner

« Reply #8 on: 09 December 2014, 19:44:02 »

I was lucky getting mine, I got a free extra un-lock code, usually around the £200 mark  :y :y :y

I've done quite a lot of research into the D3/4. Cambelts are do-able but involves taking most of the front of the car off i.e. grill, lights, slam panel,  could get it done over a day. Same with the injection pump belt, fiddley but can be done and doesn't need timing as its electronically done, neither needs the body coming off the chassis.

Turbos on the D3 again can be removed without the chassis coming off, usually they aren't knackered the seals just go which you can get kits for, another prob is the actuator arm which seizes (£15) part. As for the D4, the turbo was revised but still the problem persists. To my knowledge that one is a body up at least.

EPB is a common fault, just because they get neglected then don't work. If I unlock my new toy to D3 I can service & re-calibrate them properly.

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09 December 2014, 22:24:12 »

Timing belt on a D3 is a snip,dont need to remove anything other than cooling Fan and shroud,actually quite nice to do,injection pump belt is a bastard,although it's not timed and wouldn't do harm if it broke other than stopping the engine running.
Can't comment on D4 belts as not done one but would assume similar to D3
other rides 

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 10 December 2014, 17:54:42 »

I may or may not have a T4+ Mobile, which means I think I can do LR up to around 2006 ish...   ...now I've found the bloody disk that had gone walkies last time I tried it ;D
Grumpy old man

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 10 December 2014, 21:01:38 »

Is that the one I might recognise if I saw again TB?  Just my luck that I now also run a disco TD5, eh?  Lol!! ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 18 queries.