Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help a nurse...  (Read 592 times)

psychnurse

• Omega Baron
  • Leominster, Herefordshire
  • Whats in the fridge today? Beer and Sausages....UM
    • View Profile
Help a nurse...
« on: 01 July 2008, 18:56:33 »

As part of my ongoing thesis I am collecting data from various areas of society. I am now appealing for OOF members to give theirs  ;)

The data provided will be used in my thesis and as such may be used within academic journals and/or health related studies. It is anonomous with only numbers relating to each condition/effect noted.

If I have offended anybody then I am sorry...

I will count the number of reads of this post in order to develop a response rate from those reading it. You do not have to answer all of the questions, if you would rather pass on one or more then please just write PASS.

If anybody is interested in the final thesis then they would be welcome to view it as participants.

Ok Just a few questions... please be honest.... I will leave no further feedback to this thread.

1. Do you or someone within your family suffer from mental health problems?

2. Have you ever questioned yours doctors diagnosis, or that of a health professional. (all condidtions)

3. Do you consider yourself healthy?

4. Define health?

5. Your comments on health in general.... be as open and as forthcoming a you like!!

Once again.. sorry if this has upset anybody. It is intended to aid my study and will be used as part of my wider research.

;)

Debs.

Re: Help a nurse...
« Reply #1 on: 01 July 2008, 19:11:02 »

IMHO:
Perhaps I`ve missed a crucial phrase, but It`s not clear in your post how anonymity of replies might be maintained: would not the responses likely`be more 'open' (forthcoming) if made via P.M? ;)

psychnurse

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01 July 2008, 19:14:58 »

Sorry, I did not explain very well. It would be anonomous within the thesis and academic journals.

PM would be fine  :y :y

Must be lack of sleep  :P

psychnurse

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01 July 2008, 19:16:12 »

And rest assured as in line with my NMC requirements I have a moral and lawful duty to protect data.  :y

amigov6

« Reply #4 on: 01 July 2008, 19:19:34 »

Other than the occasional outburst i'm ok. My Mum's away with the fairies (she still dances around with the dogs in the garden) but she's always been like that & she's nearly 70!!!! Best Mum in the world.
   Best of luck with your studies anyway. :y

mantahatch

« Reply #5 on: 01 July 2008, 19:23:52 »

Have PMed you my answers.

HTH

Mike

HolyCount

« Reply #6 on: 01 July 2008, 19:45:59 »

Quite happy to air my dirty laundry -- stop sniffing everyone  ::)

1. Do you or someone within your family suffer from mental health problems?

A. I was diagnosed with depression 10 years ago -- when the ex-wife tried killing herself a few times then decided she preferred girls. After coming home from work a finding her unconscious surrounded by pills a few times I just cracked.  Few months treatment and a divorce and I was back on track!

2. Have you ever questioned yours doctors diagnosis, or that of a health professional. (all condidtions)

A. All the time. I am well known for self-diagnosing too! GP used to dislike it -- but as I was right more often that her she accepts it now!

3. Do you consider yourself healthy?

A. I do -- but the doctor doesn't  ::) I accept my ailments as "normal", therefore I am healthy !!!  Perverse logic! High BP (medicated), arthritis, regular indigestion (medicated).

4. Define health?

A. Health is the condition of your mind or body -- be it good health, bad health or in between.  "Healthy" is conforming to the "norm", functioning correctly.

5. Your comments on health in general.... be as open and as forthcoming a you like!!

A. It's largely in the mind -- yes, you can have a broken body, but what makes you "feel" healthy or not is how you deal (cope) with it.
I am in almost constant ( but not severe - most of the time) pain .. but I live with it -- it's part of me. I find it painful to peel spuds -- but I am dammned if I am going to stop peeling spuds and let pain win !!!  Trivial illustration --- but there we are !!!!

LJay

• Omega Baron
  • North Wales
  • The Acrobatics Queen!
    • 3.2 - MV6 Big Blue!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 01 July 2008, 20:13:15 »

Have PM'd you my answers!
Been there, fallen over it!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 22 queries.