Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Must be dodgy!  (Read 1564 times)

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
Must be dodgy!
« on: 18 August 2015, 18:27:39 »

Popped out to Tesco earlier to use the cash machine and both were in use by what looked to be an Eastern European father and teenage daughter, they must have used 30 cards between them to check the balance then clean out the available funds to the daily max,he was passing them to her without having to tell her any PIN numbers which was the weird bit and the cards were all from different banks? It must have been a £7-8k wad when they finally finished >:( He then got into the drivers seat of a private hire cab and they buggered off.

Assuming they were cloned/stolen cards he surely would have had to tell her the numbers, my only assumption is it's some benefit scam getting paid into multiple accounts ? Either way I was well peed off so took the reg and taxi plate number but guess the police would not be particularly bothered :-\ may email it to crimestoppers all the same. 

Any thoughts what the deal here could be ? 
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

05omegav6

Re: Must be dodgy!
« Reply #1 on: 18 August 2015, 18:30:41 »

Card fraud pure and simple... I would report it to the Police, crimestoppers and the licensing authority...

STEMO

« Reply #2 on: 18 August 2015, 18:33:21 »

If he is the head of the family, he will be in charge of finances. Every member of his (probably huge) extended family will simply choose the same PIN.
He's probably at home now giving them their weekly allowance, while the rest will go back home.

STEMO

« Reply #3 on: 18 August 2015, 18:37:43 »

There's also a chance that he could be exploiting other people from his own country. In Sheffield we know of one fella who came with his wife and kids, got a large council house and then proceeded to house half the population of Slovakia  :D

He was getting all of their benefits and housing benefit and giving them back pocket money.

It's a different world you know.

STEMO

« Reply #4 on: 18 August 2015, 18:59:14 »

When these folk are asked to explain their 'arrangements', they forget how to speak even very basic English.   ;D

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 18 August 2015, 19:13:42 »

Suspicious enough to justify a report to the authorities.

Could be completely innocent though :-\ :-\
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

STEMO

« Reply #6 on: 18 August 2015, 19:30:08 »

Suspicious enough to justify a report to the authorities.

Could be completely innocent though :-\ :-\
Which authorities? Things have changed, if it's not an easy cop, they won't spend much time on it.

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 18 August 2015, 19:31:08 »

If he is the head of the family, he will be in charge of finances. Every member of his (probably huge) extended family will simply choose the same PIN.
He's probably at home now giving them their weekly allowance, while the rest will go back home.

Wouldn't mind an allowance of that size myself  >:(

You get that pm I sent you?  ;D
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

STEMO

« Reply #8 on: 18 August 2015, 19:32:40 »

Wouldn't mind an allowance of that size myself  >:(

You get that pm I sent you?  ;D
Yeah. Everton, muppets....what's new?  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 22 queries.