Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Dash Cluster lighting.  (Read 3579 times)

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Dash Cluster lighting.
« Reply #15 on: 30 November 2015, 21:08:29 »

Mine's on all the time but dims when you light up. Almost every car I've had does this.

Just been out to double check our vehicles. If you start the car up in the dark with no lights on the dash lights are definitely not on.   :y
That's on a 52 plate, a 60 plate, a 15 plate and a 65 plate so not age related.  :-\
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

05omegav6

« Reply #16 on: 30 November 2015, 21:11:27 »

Think the E Class did, but the Insigniums didn't  :-\

STEMO

« Reply #17 on: 30 November 2015, 21:17:52 »

Mine's on all the time but dims when you light up. Almost every car I've had does this.

Just been out to double check our vehicles. If you start the car up in the dark with no lights on the dash lights are definitely not on.   :y
That's on a 52 plate, a 60 plate, a 15 plate and a 65 plate so not age related.  :-\
Ermmm....right...my speedo, Rev counter, info centre and other bits are permanently lit and dim when lights switched on. Radio buttons, door switches, etc., come on with lights.

aaronjb

« Reply #18 on: 30 November 2015, 21:31:53 »

Unintended consequences... suspect the drls/front sidelights provide the feed for the dash illumination, all fed from the ignition feed before the light switch...

Drls etc are bright enough to make you think you have lights on, but in built up areas, it's easy to not realise, especially if your dash is illuminated... the second the street lighting stops, it should be plainly obvious to all but the most retarded :-X
Not certain about this (or maybe it varies between manufacturers  :-\) but the Gay Time Running lights seem to be brighter (and more dazzling) when the headlights/tail-lights are off  >:(
To look at, maybe... but like chavvy 8000k hids, looking bright and being bright are two very different things...

VW group crap does dim the drls when you indicated, which proves just how pointless they are ::)

I thought as part of the regs the DRLs had to dim when the main lights came on.. Could be wrong though.

As for dash lights.. The BMW only turns them on when the headlights are on, the truck has the dash illuminated all the time but as there's a tell-tale for the headlights and I'm not a complete idiot I'm able to ascertain whether or not the lights are on quite easily ;)

Unlike a lot of other people I see on the roads.. There also seems to be an epidemic of main-beam-dazzlers this year.

STEMO

« Reply #19 on: 30 November 2015, 21:41:05 »

Doesn't really matter if DRL's are pointless, they come with the car. ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 01 December 2015, 18:36:19 »

Do wonder is it a good idea to have super bright LED DLR's + dash all lit up and no auto lights?

Cars should not illuminate dash as default, I think that's the cause of a lot of no lighters.

Well that and stupidity.
But itz well wkd, innit?
Grumpy old man

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 01 December 2015, 18:44:08 »

The dash is always illuminated for a good reason - so you can see the dials even when you've forgotten to turn your lights on. Simple...
No logic there. ??? If driver looks at the "dials" when turning ignition on and sees they are not illuminated, it`s an automatic response (in the majority of cases) to check that car lights are on
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
  • Teesside (the nice bit)
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 01 December 2015, 19:01:31 »

The dash is always illuminated for a good reason - so you can see the dials even when you've forgotten to turn your lights on. Simple...
No logic there. ??? If driver looks at the "dials" when turning ignition on and sees they are not illuminated, it`s an automatic response (in the majority of cases) to check that car lights are on

I assure you, I was joking. It's a cause of much frustration to me too...
Servicing and repairs done in NE. Special rates for OOFers! PM me.

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 01 December 2015, 19:04:12 »

I assure you, I was joking. It's a cause of much frustration to me too...
Should have added some of these  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :y
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 01 December 2015, 19:55:19 »

Same bit of road,  TfL van with no lights today. He was reminded too   ::)

I cut him some slack as it was clearly a brand spankers work van.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 22 queries.