Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: saloon roof bar clamps  (Read 1366 times)

lesask

• london
    • omega 2.6cdx
    • View Profile
saloon roof bar clamps
« on: 03 June 2016, 20:05:14 »

Dear readers, ive found it impossible to find clamps that go from the roof of the car to the roof bars, ive got the bars, ive got the roof box, ive got clamps that fit cars with the outrunner bars on top like estates do but i cant find clamps for saloons. Does anyone know what i can do please? many thanks. Les.

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
Re: saloon roof bar clamps
« Reply #1 on: 03 June 2016, 20:09:40 »

You have to get the ones designed for the Omega Saloon, either VX or Thrule do them.

The Clamps position to inside the Door / Pillar Frame, if you open the doors and look up theres a cut out inside the frame, thats where the clamps go.

lesask

• london
    • omega 2.6cdx
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03 June 2016, 20:14:28 »

extremely helpful. many thanks

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03 June 2016, 21:48:39 »

According to the Thule site you would need Thule SquareBar 761 for the bars and Thule 951 for the foot pack.  :y
Plenty of the 761 bars on eBay cheap enough as coincidentally I've just been looking (getting spare bars for mine so I don't have to swap the bars between roof box and bikes as I can't hang up the box without the bars fitted).
Then you'll just need to track down the 951 foot pack.  :y
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04 June 2016, 09:50:27 »

According to the Thule site you would need Thule SquareBar 761 for the bars and Thule 951 for the foot pack.  :y
Plenty of the 761 bars on eBay cheap enough as coincidentally I've just been looking (getting spare bars for mine so I don't have to swap the bars between roof box and bikes as I can't hang up the box without the bars fitted).
Then you'll just need to track down the 951 foot pack.  :y

Plenty of 951's on the bay, a few brand new, that are cheap enough.  :y  Just double check the part numbers on the Thule website for yourself first though.  :y

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04 June 2016, 14:29:38 »

Not sure what the 951 are, but if there universal (as in fits a few models) then I personally think your better off getting the VX ones  that are designed specifically for the Omega (they are made by Thule anyway) as the clamps fit to the roof by forcing each foot against each other and then against the roof area, therefor its quiet a snug fit especially if carrying heavy loads ie Roof Box.

The VX ones also have a quick Key Lock clamp on and off release handle clamp down feature, which is handy when not being used.
« Last Edit: 04 June 2016, 14:36:56 by zirk »

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04 June 2016, 14:38:36 »

Not sure what the 951 are, but if there universal (as in fits a few models) then I personally think your better off getting the VX ones (they are made by Thule anyway) ......

Thule 951 is the foot pack (4 feet) that is specific to the Omega saloon.  :y  761 is the cross bars, which fit both saloon and estate (but with different feet obviously).  :y
You just go on their website and type in your reg number or choose your vehicle from the drop down menus.

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04 June 2016, 14:49:08 »

Not sure what the 951 are, but if there universal (as in fits a few models) then I personally think your better off getting the VX ones (they are made by Thule anyway) ......

Thule 951 is the foot pack (4 feet) that is specific to the Omega saloon.  :y  761 is the cross bars, which fit both saloon and estate (but with different feet obviously).  :y
You just go on their website and type in your reg number or choose your vehicle from the drop down menus.
Ok, does the underside clamp plate fit snugly into the door frame cutouts?, if I get a chance this weekend I'll take some Pics of the VX ones so we can compare. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 22 queries.