Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: omega admired  (Read 1281 times)

raywilb

• Omega Knight
  • york
    • DS DS4
    • View Profile
omega admired
« on: 05 June 2016, 15:37:23 »

whilst topping up yesterday at a A64 petrol station a guy was waiting for me to ask me about my mig. he told me he has had 4 in the past. talk about a feel good factor , he said if in the near future & it happened to be for sale would I give him first refusal & gave me his card. it didn't end there. I carried on & the wife & I stopped for lunch & then went on to the coast for a couple of hours. on our way home we stopped at that morrissons supermarket on the outskirts of Scarborough & when I opened my boot a guy approached & asked what year my car was. I told him it was originally on a 02 plate. he then said " I don't suppose you want to sell it"  two on the same afternoon.  :y

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Re: omega admired
« Reply #1 on: 05 June 2016, 16:09:24 »

It wasn't me but that is my stomping ground when I go and see my folks even the Morrisons near Eastfield/Seamer.

The road from Scarborough through to York and beyond has changed immeasurably over the years.

Do you remember Malton and Tadcaster before the bypasses or worse York before the bypass

Still horrible during holiday times.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

raywilb

• Omega Knight
  • york
    • DS DS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05 June 2016, 16:46:45 »

It wasn't me but that is my stomping ground when I go and see my folks even the Morrisons near Eastfield/Seamer.

The road from Scarborough through to York and beyond has changed immeasurably over the years.

Do you remember Malton and Tadcaster before the bypasses or worse York before the bypass

Still horrible during holiday times.
  I often go via a back road that takes me through the castle howard estate rather than get involved with the deadlocks on the A 64. that monks cross a64 interchange some times is backlogged for miles. I once saw it nearly right back to tadcaster. glad I was going towards leeds that day.  :) :y

baggedestate

• Intermediate Member
  • Gillingham kent
    • 3.2 estate ex police
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05 June 2016, 21:20:51 »

i had a fella ask me if i wanted to sell mine today, to which i replied well would need to be a good offer and he offered me 500 quid to which i laughed at lol

plym ian

• Omega Baron
  • Plymouth, Devon
    • 2.0 insignia elite tourer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05 June 2016, 22:31:10 »

No one ever offers to buy mine ;D ;D

Id gladly throw the keys at them :D

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06 June 2016, 08:30:35 »

Had a bit of admiration a few months back (especially when they find it's the V6) when I was getting prices for bodywork... and that was with a scratched up rear nearside, with badly fitted replacement front door and wing!

Now covered in a tasteful patina of dust, and bird expellings, and a whole one door card fitted, and the back seat full of spares and knackered wiring looms etc. Not looking her best, poor love.
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10 June 2016, 20:42:17 »

Sat in the caravan the other day, and a bloke and his wife were walking past, I noticed them having a good look at the car. I thought something was wrong, but the bloke was singing his praises as to how good my saloon was. It transpired he had just sold his Omega, which he had from new. Said it was the worst thing he had done. His wife says he nearly cries every time he sees one ;D  She said I bet your bottom dollar, he will get another ;D ;D ;D
Wrong Switch Tony......flicking the wrong bit for 50 years

Mr.OmegaMan

• Omega Baron
  • Middle of nowhere
    • 3.2 Elite , CLS500
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10 June 2016, 21:27:07 »

Had a UPS courier chap asking last year if i'd sell and if not now to contact him if and when i do, He even left his details which i have since misplaced ;D

Also had someone in a petrol station asking about it few months back and someone in a car park last November asking what is it? a Lotus Carlton? ... Supose thats what you get when you debadge the car :o ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 18 queries.