Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Omega updates  (Read 1864 times)

gbh

• Intermediate Member
  • forest of dean
    • omega cdx 2.6
    • View Profile
Omega updates
« on: 26 December 2016, 17:30:09 »

Often i see mention of various updates to software i.e gearbox,climate panel as i have no idea if my car has ever received any of these and its a Y reg 2.6 estate are they worth doing and how many are there? Do Vauxhall still carry this service out and would it have been done auto when the car went in for service at dealership in its history.Where could i find this information out?

cam.in.head

• Omega Knight
  • West yorkshire
    • omega cdx 2.6 auto
    • View Profile
Re: Omega updates
« Reply #1 on: 31 December 2016, 17:31:29 »

I heard about this too. my brother has had a 2.5 from nearly new and the gearbox has always performed changes smoothly and at what I would call "the right time ! " so never ever thought much of it until I got myself a 03 2.6 last year.it seemed to rev up very high in all gears before changing gear.i wondered whether it was faulty or neede an update. what I did was buy a gearbox ecu off eBay to see if there was any difference. there was. ! it changes much lower now and feels much better. so the question is.......was my gearbox ecu faulty or was the replacement one which had had an update. ?

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 31 December 2016, 17:48:32 »

Was it stuck in Sport mode, or was it driven "enthusiastically previously and learned what was required of it?

Ron.

Broomies Mate

• Omega Baron
  • Bristol, UK
    • Stuff!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 31 December 2016, 18:09:48 »

I heard about this too. my brother has had a 2.5 from nearly new and the gearbox has always performed changes smoothly and at what I would call "the right time ! " so never ever thought much of it until I got myself a 03 2.6 last year.it seemed to rev up very high in all gears before changing gear.i wondered whether it was faulty or neede an update. what I did was buy a gearbox ecu off eBay to see if there was any difference. there was. ! it changes much lower now and feels much better. so the question is.......was my gearbox ecu faulty or was the replacement one which had had an update. ?

My last 3.2 had all the updates and was a pain in the ass.  When anything over 50% throttle, it'd reach over 5.5k before changing up.  I had to 'learn' how to drive that car..... half throttle until about 3k, then ease off slightly, wait for the change then half throttle again (repeat).

The earlier software was much better.... didn't hold on to the gears unless you gave it a welly-full..... and, with a decent amount of torque, it didn't need to.
2004 Saab 9-5 Aero Merlot Red Stg1 noobtune
2009 Saab 9-5 Turbo Edition Titan Grey Stg3 noobtune
2017 Vauxhall Vivaro L1H1 125PS Star Silver

cam.in.head

• Omega Knight
  • West yorkshire
    • omega cdx 2.6 auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 31 December 2016, 18:36:10 »

ah well maybe my new / eBay ecu was an original non updated one and the one on my car was updated. I prefer the eBay one because I don't ever want or like the idea of revs up to 5.5k before a change. the 2.5 changes nice and early as does my 2.2 Carlton with the non electric box. everyone has there own idea on what they like but I like it this way.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01 January 2017, 15:28:33 »

Sadly, the 2.6 and 3.2 have pretty dire software, unlike the 2.0/2.2/2.5/3.0 petrols that were further refined.  So anyone going from an earlier engine with later software on it will notice quite plainly how crap the 2.6/3.2 autobox software is.
Grumpy old man

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01 January 2017, 15:36:21 »

Is the fix to this problem to have the very latest available version installed ?
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

cam.in.head

• Omega Knight
  • West yorkshire
    • omega cdx 2.6 auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 01 January 2017, 20:52:23 »

I assume then that the learning effect has made my brothers ecu perform good then.because it has never had any updates to its ecu .at least from when he bought it .i believe that when you change the car battery it starts its learning again from scratch ?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 18 queries.