Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: tool prices  (Read 2625 times)

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
tool prices
« on: 03 September 2016, 15:00:09 »

As some may know, my car was violated last night, stereo stolen, and my small tool box also,, So a trip to Halfords, to see about how much to replace, well the halfordsw 300 piece set doesn't, quite cover it, reckon £500 might  just, need screw drivers,pliers,side cutters, mole grips, Allen keys, assorted clips, nuts-n-bolts, couple cree torches, a head torch.
 They missed the code reader tho, I forget to remove last time out, and was lucky that I'd taken out a tool box, twice as many tools that I had used to replace water pump day previous  :o.
Hoof'land storeman.

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
Re: tool prices
« Reply #1 on: 03 September 2016, 15:40:05 »

Sorry to hear that.   :(  When that happens you never truly know what has been nicked until you need it next.  >:(

If they broke in to mine at the moment they'd be sadly disappointed. A week ago I left a large bucket with dried up cement in it. The bucket has been rolling around in the boot and has shed its contents all over the place.  ::)
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03 September 2016, 17:09:25 »

As some may know, my car was violated last night, stereo stolen, and my small tool box also,, So a trip to Halfords, to see about how much to replace, well the halfordsw 300 piece set doesn't, quite cover it, reckon £500 might  just, need screw drivers,pliers,side cutters, mole grips, Allen keys, assorted clips, nuts-n-bolts, couple cree torches, a head torch.
 They missed the code reader tho, I forget to remove last time out, and was lucky that I'd taken out a tool box, twice as many tools that I had used to replace water pump day previous  :o.

Bastards, sorry to hear that BG, I hope you can get it on your insurance. >:(

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03 September 2016, 17:15:52 »

Bastards, sorry to hear that BG, I hope you can get it on your insurance. >:(

Until I read the new,renewed , car insurance policy I don't know, might end up just paying myself.
There is some talk that a few vehicles were targeted, and the police were called at 06.30 this morning, soco have been out, no decent prints, here's the best bit mrs griffins car is  nearly often unlocked, got in it this morning, there in the cup holder is her house keys. :o
Hoof'land storeman.

flyer 0712

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03 September 2016, 17:22:47 »

Sorry to hear that,,nothing is sacred these days,trouble is if they want it that bad they will find a way..then if they are caught the barstewards get a slapped wrist and sent home...leaving the injured party to clear up the mess and replace what was stolen..again sorry. >:(

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04 September 2016, 09:28:41 »

Sorry to hear that BG, I thought the days of people nicking stereo`s were over  :-\

Stargazer57N

« Reply #6 on: 04 September 2016, 09:58:19 »

Oh man that's horrible, I know how it feels. I once had the spec lift I used for breakdown work on the M5 broke into any my tools nicked, thankfully it was just my roadside kit and not my snap-on box. Would it be worth trying to claim off you car or home insurance?

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04 September 2016, 10:20:43 »

oppsin hell  >:( >:( Hope they find these lowlifes  :(
Omegatitis

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 04 September 2016, 13:09:04 »

Am looking into the insurance claim, car insurance is only £300max payout, which would cover a new stereo, and a Halfords 200 piece set, won't cover all the other tools, that were in the box, screwdrivers,pliers,punchs,hammers,grips etc.
Hoof'land storeman.

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 04 September 2016, 13:30:19 »

Oh man that's horrible, I know how it feels. I once had the spec lift I used for breakdown work on the M5 broke into and my tools nicked,

That happened to me too. Losing working tools acquired over 17 years was expensive. Losing my grandad's well-used Enox toolbox hurt.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 05 September 2016, 08:27:07 »

Am looking into the insurance claim, car insurance is only £300max payout, which would cover a new stereo, and a Halfords 200 piece set, won't cover all the other tools, that were in the box, screwdrivers,pliers,punchs,hammers,grips etc.
Any excess?
Grumpy old man

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 05 September 2016, 08:34:33 »

Grr!! That makes me fuming. I (as can many) of us recommend plenty of tools, I've basically gone from one solitary 30 yr old scabby screwdriver to a reasonably comprehensive set over the last year or so, so more than happy to offer suggestions.

That makes me worry, everything is in my car, we don't have a shed or garage, and the only place we could keep any such things is in the hallway (which is already full up with crates, door cards, and various Omega parts) Hope you get sorted soon  :)
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 05 September 2016, 13:31:55 »

Any excess?

Will check when I get home., there's always a catch with them, known as a get out clause..
Hoof'land storeman.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 06 September 2016, 10:28:28 »

Any excess?

Will check when I get home., there's always a catch with them, known as a get out clause..
If your excess is £150-£200, it might not be worth even mentioning to them, to save the hike next renewal.  Even if you have protected NCD, there will still be a hike, due to being higher risk.
Grumpy old man

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 06 September 2016, 11:07:49 »

Yup.

Unless you had a vanload of Snap-on gear, I'd be tempted to just foot the bill yourself, use it as a means of treating yourself to some new tools.

Turd-flavoured pill, though it is to swallow.
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 22 queries.