Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: In preparation for the Peugeot takeover...  (Read 3127 times)

X30XE

• UK
    • 740i,728i,S320 & Disco
    • View Profile
Re: In preparation for the Peugeot takeover...
« Reply #15 on: 16 February 2017, 19:26:36 »

205 quid, he must have seen you coming.  ::)

Notice theres pictures of the side or the back of the car, thats because from the rear doors backwards the paint code is Red.

Fifty shades of Blue  :)
Omegatitis : [in remission]
Current "illnesses" : '00 740i | '00 728i |'00 S320 | '00 Discovery V8 | '03 9-5 HOT Aero | '06 Mini One  |  '98 406

X30XE

• UK
    • 740i,728i,S320 & Disco
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 16 February 2017, 19:28:42 »

Pretty sure that engine will run on 100%, WVO as long as it has a Bosch pump. Could be very cheap motoring.  ;)

Sorry, fixed.  :-[ ::)

When it does 50+mpg anyway i'll not be risking the £1000 fine for dodging fuel duty me thinks :P

Sedate is an understatement by the way... there are faster glaciers.
Current "illnesses" : '00 740i | '00 728i |'00 S320 | '00 Discovery V8 | '03 9-5 HOT Aero | '06 Mini One  |  '98 406

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 16 February 2017, 21:22:28 »

No risk of a fine whatsoever. It is perfectly legal to use up to 2500 litres of vegoil for fuel per year, as long as its for personal use and not being sold on to others. No duty is payable unbtil you exceed  2500 litres p.a. You just need to keep a record of where you got it from, as there is a very slight chance the authorities might ask at some point. ;)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

X30XE

• UK
    • 740i,728i,S320 & Disco
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 16 February 2017, 21:42:02 »

No risk of a fine whatsoever. It is perfectly legal to use up to 2500 litres of vegoil for fuel per year, as long as its for personal use and not being sold on to others. No duty is payable unbtil you exceed  2500 litres p.a. You just need to keep a record of where you got it from, as there is a very slight chance the authorities might ask at some point. ;)

Well as interesting to know as that is, it's still not worth it for me. It'll only do a couple of thousand miles in my ownership and I'd rather not stress the fuel pump trying to move something with the viscosity of toffee when I can just get lovely convenient non bacteria growing good old carcinogenic diesel out of a hose on a forecourt  :D

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 16 February 2017, 22:09:53 »

Dunno what kind of oil they cook chips in where you come from, but what goes in my tank is a lovely light coloured golden liquid, filtered to 1 micron, which is more refined than what comes out of the pump on your local forecourt.  ::)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 16 February 2017, 22:11:05 »

Pretty sure that engine will run on 100%, WVO as long as it has a Bosch pump. Could be very cheap motoring.  ;)

Sorry, fixed.  :-[ ::)

When it does 50+mpg anyway i'll not be risking the £1000 fine for dodging fuel duty me thinks :P

Sedate is an understatement by the way... there are faster glaciers.

I'm assuming its a 90 bhp job then as the 110 is quite sprightly,even more so when chipped ::)
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

X30XE

• UK
    • 740i,728i,S320 & Disco
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 17 February 2017, 01:13:52 »

Dunno what kind of oil they cook chips in where you come from, but what goes in my tank is a lovely light coloured golden liquid, filtered to 1 micron, which is more refined than what comes out of the pump on your local forecourt.  ::)

Are you seriously trying to argue that cooking oil is less viscous than diesel?  ::) And as I said, real diesel doesn't sustain bacterial growth in the tank/lines/filter.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 17 February 2017, 05:36:47 »

Are you seriously trying to argue that cooking oil is less viscous than diesel?  ::) And as I said, real diesel doesn't sustain bacterial growth in the tank/lines/filter.
If you can find it... Retail diesel is legally obliged to contain a percentage of biodiesel :'(
Onanists always think outside the box.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 17 February 2017, 06:43:19 »

Are you seriously trying to argue that cooking oil is less viscous than diesel::) And as I said, real diesel doesn't sustain bacterial growth in the tank/lines/filter.

Nope, but stating that your assertion that it has the viscosity of toffee is plain wrong. The action of filtering it to 1 micron means it may well contain less contaminants than pump diesel. The viscosity only becomes an issue in really cold weather, when mixing a small percentage of petrol in cures it. A mechanical Bosch diesel pump wont struggle to pump vegoil at all, so thats not a problem either.         No particular risk of bacterial growth in the fuel system as the oil doesn't sit still or stay in there long enough to sustain it.
If it was a cause for concern, a small percentage of petrol or larger percentage of diesel mixed in would likely prevent it.
Its not something that I have encountered in tens of thousands of miles of WVO usage.
As you say though. Not really worth the bother if you only intend driving it a couple of thousand miles before getting shot of it.

X30XE

• UK
    • 740i,728i,S320 & Disco
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 17 February 2017, 09:53:36 »

Are you seriously trying to argue that cooking oil is less viscous than diesel::) And as I said, real diesel doesn't sustain bacterial growth in the tank/lines/filter.

Nope, but stating that your assertion that it has the viscosity of toffee is plain wrong. The action of filtering it to 1 micron means it may well contain less contaminants than pump diesel. The viscosity only becomes an issue in really cold weather, when mixing a small percentage of petrol in cures it. A mechanical Bosch diesel pump wont struggle to pump vegoil at all, so thats not a problem either.         No particular risk of bacterial growth in the fuel system as the oil doesn't sit still or stay in there long enough to sustain it.
If it was a cause for concern, a small percentage of petrol or larger percentage of diesel mixed in would likely prevent it.
Its not something that I have encountered in tens of thousands of miles of WVO usage.
As you say though. Not really worth the bother if you only intend driving it a couple of thousand miles before getting shot of it.

Ain't SVO then is it.  :D It's faff brew  :P
Personally I value my time at higher than £0 so filtering veg oil to 1mic is not a viable option. But each to his own.

I'm sure you could survive a great many years eating just crisps... doesn't mean you should.

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
  • Teesside (the nice bit)
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 17 February 2017, 12:20:41 »

...but...but... everyone prefers the smell of chips to normal diesel...
Servicing and repairs done in NE. Special rates for OOFers! PM me.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 17 February 2017, 14:36:03 »

My filtering is done at work, so I'm actually getting paid to do it. Plus the smug satisfaction of knowing I'm not handing the treasury a big wedge of my hard earned each time I fil up, is a wonderful feeling.  ;D
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 18 queries.