Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Renewable energy-storage  (Read 2129 times)

Lincs Robert

Re: Renewable energy-storage
« Reply #15 on: 15 August 2017, 17:14:43 »

You might be right Kevin. What prompted the post was an item I caught the tail end of where an expert was effusive about the storage development and progress. Can't find it on the web but there are plenty of references to small scale storage. I have seen plenty of primitive examples of those for off grid homes here.

You are spot on with energy pricing but we already do that with cheap night rate to some extent. I guess you mean situations like  6.30 p.m. when everyone switches the kettle on and flushes the loo after the six oclock news type peaks.

I always remember my physics teacher telling us " if you can invent a way of storing AC electricity you will be rich"

Dinorwic pumped storage scheme is Llanberis North Wales does just that - BUT, needs a hollowed out mountain and two lakes in addition to the electric gubbins. It does exactly that though - stores AC power - in a roundabout kind of way.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
Re: Renewable energy-storage
« Reply #16 on: 16 August 2017, 00:35:51 »

We already have DC power links with other countries, so that problem is solved, for everything in scale from a few solar panels to thousands of megawatts and there are very good reasons for the distribution network to use AC, so I can't see that ever changing.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 22 queries.