Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Clip identification  (Read 318 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

TheBoy

  • Administrator
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Brackley, Northants
  • Posts: 108285
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
Clip identification
« on: 22 September 2026, 19:32:24 »

Those spring clips often used on coolant hoses, eg Omega top rad main hose, what are they called?

Looks like I need to buy a set of those remote pliers to remove one that is a bit of a pig to access with normal butchery tools.


Any ideas?
Logged
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

  • Administrator
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Brackley, Northants
  • Posts: 108285
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
Re: Clip identification
« Reply #1 on: 22 September 2026, 20:36:16 »

Panic over, Gixer has one :y
Logged
Grumpy old man

YZ250

  • Omega Lord
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Oxford/Bucks border
  • Posts: 5122
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
Re: Clip identification
« Reply #2 on: 23 September 2026, 12:48:05 »

I keep meaning to buy some hose clamp pliers and hose clamp flexible pliers. They would have saved me a bit of time when working on the Corsa.  :y
Logged
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

TheBoy

  • Administrator
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Brackley, Northants
  • Posts: 108285
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
Re: Clip identification
« Reply #3 on: 23 September 2026, 15:33:07 »

I keep meaning to buy some hose clamp pliers and hose clamp flexible pliers. They would have saved me a bit of time when working on the Corsa.  :y
I was convinced I had a set of the long flexible ones, but maybe I'm thinking pre "garage incident"

I will need to get another set. Gixer's type are a little different, so I'll see how I get on with those, and report back :y
Logged
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1]   Go Up
 

Page created in 0.012 seconds with 21 queries.