Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anti Roll Bar removal - how??  (Read 4572 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Diamond Black Geezer

  • Omega Lord
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Posts: 5723
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
Anti Roll Bar removal - how??
« on: 14 August 2026, 13:33:17 »

As far as I can see there's no way to get an anti roll bar out without removing the front subframe.  Can anyone confirm this? Also I havent studied it but I'd assume the same for the rear

Ta!
Logged
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

Doctor Gollum

  • Get A Life!!
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • Posts: 31077
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
Re: Anti Roll Bar removal - how??
« Reply #1 on: 14 August 2026, 17:15:57 »

Never tried either tbh. The rear one can probably be done by carefully lowering the diff... :-\

Front subframe is held up.by 6 bolts iirc. Mark the bolts to subframe and subframe to chassis, then remove the front bolts and slacken the other 4 and you should be able to wiggle it out. Be mindful that the engine will still be bolted to it.

Once out, I suspect that second hand Monaro parts are available for comparison purposes.
Logged
Onanists always think outside the box.

Diamond Black Geezer

  • Omega Lord
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Posts: 5723
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
Re: Anti Roll Bar removal - how??
« Reply #2 on: 17 August 2026, 01:22:01 »

Apologies. Thought I'd replied to thank you for the info! It's a crusty looking thing but I think I'll have to look at repainting or replacement at another time before it snowballs into a task I wish I'd never started!
Logged
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor
Pages: [1]   Go Up
 

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 21 queries.