Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tech2 help near me!?  (Read 5893 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

ryandennis254

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Oxfordshire-Banbury
  • Posts: 6
    • 2001 Elite 3.2 Auto
Tech2 help near me!?
« on: 25 August 2026, 19:09:59 »

Hi all. I知 currently having some issues programming a new key and id40 transponder to my 2001 3.2 elite with a snap-on system. Does anyone have tech2 near Hereford or Banbury by any chance who might be able to assist please? I have the security code and all that.
Many Thanks

Ryan
Logged

TheBoy

  • Administrator
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Brackley, Northants
  • Posts: 108285
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
Re: Tech2 help near me!?
« Reply #1 on: 26 August 2026, 08:25:13 »

I own one, but need to check if I still have it here, or if Gixer still has it.

What part are you trying to program, the immobiliser transponder (for starting the car) or the fob (for locking/unlocking)?  If the latter, be aware there are different, identical looking but incompatible, types
Logged
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

  • Administrator
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Brackley, Northants
  • Posts: 108285
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
Re: Tech2 help near me!?
« Reply #2 on: 26 August 2026, 08:26:18 »

Should add, I'm in Brackley, Northants/Oxon/Bucks border, about 10 miles from Banburyshire, but be aware that for the next 2 weeks its an arse of a journey because the road is closed!
Logged
Grumpy old man

ryandennis254

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Oxfordshire-Banbury
  • Posts: 6
    • 2001 Elite 3.2 Auto
Re: Tech2 help near me!?
« Reply #3 on: 26 August 2026, 08:30:09 »

Hi Mate. Thanks for the response. I actually live just outside Brackley so I知 very happy you reached out.
I知 trying to re-program both aspects. But I知 more concerned about the transponder. The remote function isn稚 hugely important on a spare set.

I need to finish putting my engine back together (rocker covers) then will bring it back home to Brackley.

Please let me know if you are able to help.

Many Thanks

Ryan
Logged

TheBoy

  • Administrator
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Brackley, Northants
  • Posts: 108285
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
Re: Tech2 help near me!?
« Reply #4 on: 26 August 2026, 13:37:49 »

Hi Mate. Thanks for the response. I actually live just outside Brackley so I知 very happy you reached out.
I知 trying to re-program both aspects. But I知 more concerned about the transponder. The remote function isn稚 hugely important on a spare set.

I need to finish putting my engine back together (rocker covers) then will bring it back home to Brackley.

Please let me know if you are able to help.

Many Thanks

Ryan
Should be able to help (if Gixer still has the Tech2, he only lives in one of the villages), might struggle in the next couple of weeks though due to other commitments
Logged
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1]   Go Up
 

Page created in 0.013 seconds with 21 queries.