Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Re-spray  (Read 682 times)

Johnboy0811

• Plymouth, Devon
  • Lovin The Miggy
    • View Profile
Re-spray
« on: 08 February 2009, 18:37:33 »

Hi all

Just got a quote to get the Omega re-sprayed (£850.00) which I thought was quite good. Also pricing up some 17" wheels to go on her. At the moment she has a few rust spots and a great big dent in the O/S/F wing which a lovely person thought they would leave there for me. Once the paint and the wheels are on I think she will look brill.

Now gonna ask for some advice, Do I modify her extremly like exchaust, induction kit, lowering springs etc, or do I stick a nice set of subtle but nice wheels on her and leave it at that. I have always been into modified cars but something at the back of my mind is telling me not to play around with her to much. Want to get her looking nice but don't want to ruin the style of the car I think sometimes people can go a bit OTT. Whats do you guys/girls think. :y
Johnboy

STMO123

Re: Re-spray
« Reply #1 on: 08 February 2009, 18:40:46 »

Hope you've made sure all the essential maintenance stuff has been done before you start on the expensive modding stuff. It would be a shame if your unique omega went bang for the lack of a cambelt ;)

On the modding issue, I personally like them the way they are, but each to his own.

MV6Matt

• Omega Knight
  • London
  • Back in Black. Sensible size this time............
    • Meriva 1.6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08 February 2009, 19:17:19 »

If you know what you like and want to then why not?

Ain't that what modding cars is about?

I'm just about to do a bit more - started with engine and suspension and will be starting on the body and wheels in Spring.

If you know that it'll bring you pleasure then go for it!

Good luck m8 :y

Cheers
Matthew

"You only need two tools: WD40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD40. If it moves and it shouldn't, use duct tape"
(thanks Ian)

r1

• Omega Knight
  • nottingham
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08 February 2009, 19:19:54 »

hope the cars worth it as you talking about 2k of work

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #4 on: 08 February 2009, 19:28:05 »

bringing the car to a better state is something I like too much ..

I also re-sprayed it..and solve all the mechanical problems and future problems :P  and result.. a car costing many times of its actual value..

daley

• Leicester
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08 February 2009, 19:32:10 »

Just been looking at getting my Elite resprayed once I get the leaking water pump sorted.
People where I work think I am mad spending so much money on an old car but I love the thing :)
Even though my car isnt worth it I would still spend the money cos I intend on keeping if for as long as possible.
Im even considering getting a cheap mig so I dont have to use this one for work.
Paint and nice wheels I think  :y

Johnboy0811

• Plymouth, Devon
  • Lovin The Miggy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08 February 2009, 19:34:13 »

bringing the car to a better state is something I like too much ..

I also re-sprayed it..and solve all the mechanical problems and future problems :P  and result.. a car costing many times of its actual value..

I know all about that. Brought the car for £480.00 off ebay. First thing that went was the alternator, Then a leak in the vee and radiator. 2 days after that the rocker gasket started leaking but also the rocker box was knackerd and the 2 weeks ago the crankshaft sensor went. She is booked in next week for a full service and cambelt change also needs new pads and discs and then its on with the paint and wheels. I'm just lucky the wife doesn't watch my bank balance as long there is cash there for her shopping spree's she will be happy :y
Johnboy

Johnboy0811

• Plymouth, Devon
  • Lovin The Miggy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08 February 2009, 19:35:27 »

Just been looking at getting my Elite resprayed once I get the leaking water pump sorted.
People where I work think I am mad spending so much money on an old car but I love the thing :)
Even though my car isnt worth it I would still spend the money cos I intend on keeping if for as long as possible.
Im even considering getting a cheap mig so I dont have to use this one for work.
Paint and nice wheels I think  :y
Yep me to best motor I have owned.  :y
Johnboy

Miggy24

• Exeter,Devon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09 February 2009, 15:48:23 »

What colour you getting it painted

bertiecbx550

« Reply #9 on: 09 February 2009, 15:57:43 »

I asked the local body shop last summer how much to respray my beemer to the standard of me mates astra g.....£1500  :o ...The car cost me £450 plus i could get that mv6 i saw last night in telford for half that cost... :-X
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 22 queries.