Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: is it wrong...  (Read 2298 times)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
Re: is it wrong...
« Reply #60 on: 10 September 2009, 22:21:22 »

Out of curiosity Tunnie,whats the BHP of the beemer? :-/

About 105 ish i think, but its more about torque really, in 5th (has 6 gears) it just pulls and pulls. For over takes i never had to click it down to get some power going, just twist and go, any speed, any gear and it was off!
Thats appalling.

Any 750cc or higher will easily have the same 'chuck it in 5th and leave it' lazy ridability.  A lot of the 600cc 4cyl can manage that now.

Yeah but 600cc bikes are too small!

albitz

« Reply #61 on: 10 September 2009, 22:22:14 »

4cyl 600,s are now in the 120bhp+ region,mines 10 years old and it has just over 100. :y
TB your comment about the zx10 brakes brought back memories of my old gpz750 brakes,best way to stop was to put your feet down  ::) ;D ;D.........plenty of forward planning required. :y

albitz

« Reply #62 on: 10 September 2009, 22:24:23 »

About 105 ish i think, but its more about torque really, in 5th (has 6 gears) it just pulls and pulls. For over takes i never had to click it down to get some power going, just twist and go, any speed, any gear and it was off!
Thats appalling.

Any 750cc or higher will easily have the same 'chuck it in 5th and leave it' lazy ridability.  A lot of the 600cc 4cyl can manage that now.

If your after torque,I would look at something like the Aprillia Tuono,big Vtwin,can pull up tree stumps. :y :)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 10 September 2009, 22:24:29 »

4cyl 600,s are now in the 120bhp+ region,mines 10 years old and it has just over 100. :y
TB your comment about the zx10 brakes brought back memories of my old gpz750 brakes,best way to stop was to put your feet down  ::) ;D ;D.........plenty of forward planning required. :y

BMW had an anti dive feature, found that very good.

When was playing with the onboard computer looking ahead, the traffic stopped faster than i thought. Very stable under heavy braking.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 10 September 2009, 22:24:31 »

They are shite, compounded by shite front suspension ;D
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 10 September 2009, 22:25:28 »

Thats appalling.

If your after torque,I would look at something like the Aprillia Tuono,big Vtwin,can pull up tree stumps. :y :)
Yam vmax isn't shy with low down grunt either...
Grumpy old man

albitz

« Reply #66 on: 10 September 2009, 22:26:33 »

what front suspension????????........mine had a valve to pump the suspension up with an airline,worked well for about a mile and then you could see it go back down. ;D

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 11 September 2009, 07:56:39 »

try a few miles on the zx10. I know it doesn't float your boat, and your weakling wrists will suffer, but it will give you an idea of proper bikes (wrt ridability/performance) - I'm guessing the beemer is the first 'big' bike you've ridden ;)

zx10 is 20yrs old, technology has moved on, and its certainly not the best handling bike, and stopping it is, errr, 20yr old technology ::). But it will hopefully give you another angle of experience.

Will double check my insurance. Think I can ride other bikes with 3rd party cover

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 11 September 2009, 09:03:45 »

try a few miles on the zx10. I know it doesn't float your boat, and your weakling wrists will suffer, but it will give you an idea of proper bikes (wrt ridability/performance) - I'm guessing the beemer is the first 'big' bike you've ridden ;)

zx10 is 20yrs old, technology has moved on, and its certainly not the best handling bike, and stopping it is, errr, 20yr old technology ::). But it will hopefully give you another angle of experience.

Will double check my insurance. Think I can ride other bikes with 3rd party cover
Yes, check the policy, as bike insurance often do not have that clause on automatically, unlike fully comp car policies.

Obviously, if you drop it, you'll be polishing out the scratches ;D
Grumpy old man

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 11 September 2009, 09:09:00 »

Given how long you have been riding bikes for, I would say yes.

There is a high probability that at some point soon you will have your first near miss, dropped bike etc.........and you dont want to do that on an expensive bike.

Wait a few years until your a compitent rider and not the rookey you are today!

And yes, that is one butt ugly bike.......and we all know BMW owners are cocks  ;D

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #70 on: 11 September 2009, 09:12:22 »

Given how long you have been riding bikes for, I would say yes.

There is a high probability that at some point soon you will have your first near miss, dropped bike etc.........and you dont want to do that on an expensive bike.

Wait a few years until your a compitent rider and not the rookey you are today!

And yes, that is one butt ugly bike.......and we all know BMW owners are cocks  ;D

personally I would prefer to be a rich coc+k instead of  being poor ;D :y
« Last Edit: 11 September 2009, 09:13:35 by cem_devecioglu »

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 11 September 2009, 10:07:51 »

Yes, check the policy, as bike insurance often do not have that clause on automatically, unlike fully comp car policies.

Obviously, if you drop it, you'll be polishing out the scratches ;D

If i crash it, its only worth a tenner anyway  ;D
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 22 queries.