Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Civil Contingencies Bill  (Read 787 times)

Dishevelled Den

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
Re: Civil Contingencies Bill
« Reply #15 on: 04 November 2009, 00:13:19 »

Will a high up army officer order his men to attack British citizens on the orders of the PM or will he think - something wrong here and order a military uprising.

The British military do not swear allegiance to the state but to the crown

That's a good point, Martin. I sadly think civil disorder is becoming increasingly likely and I suspect fear of that lies behind the reason that this bill is being introduced. I would further suspect HM forces to be exactly that...loyal to HM, not to PM.  :y

I think we all know that when military force is used for the furtherance of civil aims the situation rapidly runs out of control.

There is little chance of any form of military intervention in the governance of this country - the numbers are simply not there

I bow to your superior knowledge, Zulu, but I'm not convinced that an attempt would not be made.  :(

The frame work to support such a notion has already been assembled but this has its foundations in the civil application of public order control.

The infrastructure to collate and disseminate information concerning those considered to be a threat to the state is now mostly in place.

I would envisage that it will make the Stasi model upon which it was designed  - lust for information on movements, intrusive legislation affecting personal freedom, control of media, lack any realistic prospect for objections to be heard and fairly assessed and so on - pale into insignificance.

The Proscriptive State will not require military muscle to quell unrest as there has been more than a sufficient number of toadies, agents and those determined to be on the side of provision and power recruited in the recent past to enable the state to function at will.

Nickbat

« Reply #16 on: 04 November 2009, 00:20:41 »

Will a high up army officer order his men to attack British citizens on the orders of the PM or will he think - something wrong here and order a military uprising.

The British military do not swear allegiance to the state but to the crown

That's a good point, Martin. I sadly think civil disorder is becoming increasingly likely and I suspect fear of that lies behind the reason that this bill is being introduced. I would further suspect HM forces to be exactly that...loyal to HM, not to PM.  :y

I think we all know that when military force is used for the furtherance of civil aims the situation rapidly runs out of control.

There is little chance of any form of military intervention in the governance of this country - the numbers are simply not there

I bow to your superior knowledge, Zulu, but I'm not convinced that an attempt would not be made.  :(

The frame work to support such a notion has already been assembled but this has its foundations in the civil application of public order control.

The infrastructure to collate and disseminate information concerning those considered to be a threat to the state is now mostly in place.

I would envisage that it will make the Stasi model upon which it was designed  - lust for information on movements, intrusive legislation affecting personal freedom, control of media, lack any realistic prospect for objections to be heard and fairly assessed and so on - pale into insignificance.

The Proscriptive State will not require military muscle to quell unrest as there has been more than a sufficient number of toadies, agents and those determined to be on the side of provision and power recruited in the recent past to enable the state to function at will.

Depressing, Zulu. But, eventually good will always overcome evil...though at what cost is anyone's guess.  :(

Dishevelled Den

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 04 November 2009, 00:24:43 »

Depressing, Zulu. But, eventually good will always overcome evil...though at what cost is anyone's guess.  :(

....there's a long way to go Nick and many people are now beginning to understand that the cost will be substantial and will rue the day they decided to look in the other direction.

Dishevelled Den

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 04 November 2009, 09:25:31 »

Sounds a bit over the top to me?

Have a look here O, this is an example of how seemingly unconnected events can be amalgamated to form a broad range of proscriptive measures used by the state to further its agenda.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/earthnews/6494213/Climate-change-belief-given-same-legal-status-as-religion.html

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 04 November 2009, 09:29:43 »

Have a look here O, this is an example of how seemingly unconnected events can be amalgamated to form a broad range of proscriptive measures used by the state to further its agenda.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/earthnews/6494213/Climate-change-belief-given-s...

Well, that's fair enough because it IS a religion, IMHO.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Dishevelled Den

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 04 November 2009, 09:35:13 »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/earthnews/6494213/Climate-change-belief-given-s...

Well, that's fair enough because it IS a religion, IMHO.

Kevin

:y the question is of course how long will it take for this to become a religion of fundamental ideals - with all that is entailed in that unwelcome development?
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 22 queries.