Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: what I want for Christmas  (Read 1808 times)

feeutfo

Re: what I want for Christmas
« Reply #30 on: 16 December 2009, 12:10:48 »

For that sort of money I would want climate control, a good stereo and more comfortable seats.

I would gladly forsake the climate control etc for the approx.1300 bhp per tonne. ;)

Not me,like I said, I would go for the real thrill and then cruise around in comfort....  ;D ;D ;D

30K for a bike is silly money
Trust me Mark,its a bargain.It is the road going version of the grand prix bike.The genuine article if available would probably costat least 20 times as much.If you were to study the engineering and design in detail it would probably make your engineers mouth water. :y

Which means it will be bugger all use unless on a track!

As for the engineering, very nice, but its a 2 wheel death trap (not a bike fan)  ;D

Take no notice Albs.

(in a Mark dtm stylee ;D ) what a load of miss informed clap trap. Clearly has absolutely no idea what he is talking about. Anyone remotely informed on the subject would know that price is an absolute bargain for an off the shelf replica moto gp bike. A collectors item of limited production run, the purchase of which can be seen as an investment.

And as for "only of use on the race track" the poster clearly cant see the lights mirrors and indicators present in the pictures. Load of Rubbish.

Further more it will be perfectly safe sitting on a pedastal in my ,or the current owners, front room.

A suprising and presumptious statement from a member who most certainly knows better, bloody wind up merchant. ;D
Chris,its nice to see someone else who appreciates the fine things in life,and they dont come much finer than this. :y
Imagine that as a track day tool :) :).........or even as a road bike.Despite what Mark says I think it would be perfectly tractable and useable on the road.The fuelling will be programmed to perfection for any given situation.
I think Mark is just scared tbh,needs to face his fears.A blast on the back of your Blade should do the trick. ::) :y ;D
Clearly not a true petrol head. No bottle, quick spin on a more bhp than kg missile anyone? :-)

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 16 December 2009, 12:28:59 »

I'm suprised he hasn't got a tray under it to catch the oil leaks ::)
Retired

Hannah Judes Dad

• Omega Knight
  • Cleethorpes North East Lincs
    • the misses round the bend
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 16 December 2009, 12:31:57 »

I'm suprised he hasn't got a tray under it to catch the oil leaks ::)

Amazingly Ducati are now classed as a more reliable brand,the worst culprit in Moto GP for breaking down was Suzuki
Don't wee on the electric fence

Chris_H

• Omega Knight
  • E London/Essex UK
    • Jag XF Portfolio S 3.0D
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 16 December 2009, 12:39:16 »

Frankly I thought that Moto GP bikes put out 20-25 percent more than that.

I used to rise with a guy who had a 916s and it sounded as though the clutch was going to fall to pieces any minute.  Apparently that's how they sounded when they were ok.

Not a Duke fan.
First Vauxhall - PABX Cresta; Previous, previous Vauxhall - 3.0 12v Senator CD; Previous Vauxhall Omega Elite 3.0V6 Saloon Auto

feeutfo

« Reply #34 on: 16 December 2009, 12:45:18 »

I used to rise with a guy who had a 916s and it sounded as though the clutch was going to fall to pieces any minute.  Apparently that's how they sounded when they were ok.

Not a Duke fan.
They run a dry clutch. Any bike with dry clutch will sound the same. No oil to damp out the plates rattling with the clutch dis engaged.

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 16 December 2009, 12:45:32 »

Not a Duke fan.
I've not had a bike for ages and even when I did have one it was an RD400 2 stroke but I had a mate who paid something silly like £130000 for a UK 916 and then spent £1000sss on carbon fibre and fast by Faraci stickers. We used to extract the urine because he always had chicken strips or was breaking down due to poor electrics.
Retired

feeutfo

« Reply #36 on: 16 December 2009, 12:53:17 »

Not a Duke fan.
They run a dry clutch. Any bike with dry clutch will sound the same. No oil to damp out the plates rattling with the clutch dis engaged.

Also, this moto gp bike comes with a warranty. So must have a lower output to avoid changing engines every, what, 500 miles(?) as the race bike.

Hannah Judes Dad

• Omega Knight
  • Cleethorpes North East Lincs
    • the misses round the bend
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 16 December 2009, 13:35:28 »

Not a Duke fan.

Also, this moto gp bike comes with a warranty. So must have a lower output to avoid changing engines every, what, 500 miles(?) as the race bike.

The output is reduced in comparrison to the race bikes so as you say can be used more frequently but without the need for engine changes and serving can be done at at your local (not very for me) Ducati stealer.(Not that I will ever be able to afford one)  :-[
Don't wee on the electric fence
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 22 queries.