Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: NEW CAR TAX RATES    (Read 3729 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: NEW CAR TAX RATES  
« Reply #15 on: 21 March 2007, 21:51:57 »

I notice the robbing git made a big deal about income tax being reduced......then banged up national insurance to compensate.....meaning that most will be worse off as a result.....
Would you expect any different from the current mob?  >:(
Grumpy old man

hobbes

• N.E. Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 21 March 2007, 21:56:12 »

having said that i am still prepared to pay Road Tax, after driving on roads in America which are in a shocking state. I am happy to pay £180 for smooth roads.
After wrecking a tyre, and wiping out my geometry, I am happy to pay £180 for smooth roads.  I've been paying my tax, when are those useless council idiots going to fix the roads  >:(
Maybe I'm wrong, but VED (AKA Road Tax) is not really used for road fixing these days. It's all just going into the piggy bank. Local Authorities fix (or not) the city streets from their gov. issued budgets.

VED - is just a 'licence' to use your car on the road...like we get 'taxed' to watch TV, even if BBC is never on.

ps. Handy calculator

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/bsp/hi/business/budget_calc/html/budget_calculator.stm
« Last Edit: 21 March 2007, 21:57:44 by hobbes »

Tony H

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
  • Black Elites are luurvley
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 21 March 2007, 21:59:38 »

I notice the robbing git made a big deal about income tax being reduced......then banged up national insurance to compensate.....meaning that most will be worse off as a result.....
Typical chancellor sculdugery give you something with one hand and stealthily take more back with the other >:(
Be aware of mole holes be very aware!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 21 March 2007, 22:05:19 »

having said that i am still prepared to pay Road Tax, after driving on roads in America which are in a shocking state. I am happy to pay £180 for smooth roads.
After wrecking a tyre, and wiping out my geometry, I am happy to pay £180 for smooth roads.  I've been paying my tax, when are those useless council idiots going to fix the roads  >:(
Maybe I'm wrong, but VED (AKA Road Tax) is not really used for road fixing these days. It's all just going into the piggy bank. Local Authorities fix (or not) the city streets from their gov. issued budgets.

VED - is just a 'licence' to use your car on the road...like we get 'taxed' to watch TV, even if BBC is never on.

ps. Handy calculator

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/bsp/hi/business/budget_calc/html/budget_calculator.stm
Unsurprisingly, I'm worse off according to that calculator...
Grumpy old man

sounds2k

• Omega Knight
  • Queenborough, Kent
    • Saabs and a Jag XFR
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 21 March 2007, 22:29:21 »

call me cynical - but give it a bit longer when it's close to election time and it seems all the pot holes magically get repaired  ::)

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 22 March 2007, 06:14:41 »

Typical chancellor sculdugery give you something with one hand and stealthily take more back with the other >:(

It looks like the only real people that have benefited albeight it slightly are pensioners, bit of a false economy budget for most though. I am just glad my car was registered Jan 01...sweated for bit till I got home :y

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 22 March 2007, 08:00:13 »

It looks like the only real people that have benefited albeight it slightly are pensioners, bit of a false economy budget for most though. I am just glad my car was registered Jan 01...sweated for bit till I got home :y

I think the only band that's changed is G, I paid £190 in January.

....and as for pensioners, I have calculated that I will be about £67 p.a. better off.

...but that's been more than swallowed up by Council Tax, Gas and Electric increases.....
I like red cars

nixoro

• Omega Baron
  • Hitchin, Herts
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 22 March 2007, 08:19:03 »

Well having used the calculator above its saying I will be better off, time will tell though

Just checked my next fee for tax on the DVLA website and the result, well £99 for 6 months and £180 for 12months not much change on it really slightly higher. :-/ Sods law its due at the end of next month. :(

ClarCE

• Newbury, Berks
  • Cam Covers x 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 22 March 2007, 11:43:25 »

After watching Gordon's budget address on BBC one last night about 11 ish, I cannot take him seriously.  I have never seen such falseness in someone.. I've never minded Blair as a leader, although I don't agree with everything he does - I will not be able to say the same of Brown, I might actually have to vote for the first time in my life..
So Far - :: Re-Finished Elite Wheels :: Black Leather Interior :: 3.0 Cams :: Chipped (REMOVED, EBAY SHI*E) :: Facelift Skirts ::
To Do   - :: Facelift Rear Bumper, Door Mouldings :: Irsmsher Front Air Da

Dave-C

• Omega Knight
  • Staffordshire
  • The Old Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 22 March 2007, 19:03:06 »

It only occured to me yesterday, BUT, we've all often suggested in conversations in the pub, that, why don't the government use their sense and apply tax to the litre of fuel and abolish it on the "Tax Disc" as such...you drive more, you pay more kinda thing.   They'd have a mutiny on their hands, a high volume of the staff at the DVLA would be without work!  This is a Gov department, it would probably cause a great problem...  Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmh! Is that the reason why???

DC
Do it right, do it once................

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 22 March 2007, 19:11:22 »

It only occured to me yesterday, BUT, we've all often suggested in conversations in the pub, that, why don't the government use their sense and apply tax to the litre of fuel and abolish it on the "Tax Disc" as such...you drive more, you pay more kinda thing.   They'd have a mutiny on their hands, a high volume of the staff at the DVLA would be without work!  This is a Gov department, it would probably cause a great problem...  Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmh! Is that the reason why???

DC

Sounds good in theory...But in practice it would'nt work, and then you have the addage of more uninsured drivers and non MOT'd cars driving around. Whilst the DVLA and car tax is'nt cheap and won't get any cheaper, there has to be some kind of department keeping check, as you already know you can't get tax unless you have insurance and an MOT, unless you do it the dodgy way.

deano

• derby
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 22 March 2007, 21:14:33 »

hi mick well im ready to hang my self as i have 2.6 mega and 2.5 volvo may have to sell the wife might get a full tank of petrol for her.

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 23 March 2007, 05:59:16 »

hi mick well im ready to hang my self as i have 2.6 mega and 2.5 volvo may have to sell the wife might get a full tank of petrol for her.

I take it both your cars were registered after 31 March 2001 then?.... :(

sir moanalot

• Omega Knight
  • fens
  • im like an expensive watch - i get wound up easily
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 23 March 2007, 07:59:19 »

i bet browns upset fatty prescott, with his 2 jags!! oh i forgot they claim for everything anyway!
yet another miserable day in rip off britain !!!

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 23 March 2007, 23:34:31 »

Btw what are the emmisons of the Omega engines, i seam to remember them being rather dirty?

Hey up Tunnie, who's mum and dad Tunnie?

As for the smooth roads, you ain't been to Gods Country Stoke-on-Trent!!! ;D the roads are pretty pants :y
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 18 queries.