Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sideswiped  (Read 765 times)

JesterRT

• Intermediate Member
  • Stafford
    • View Profile
Sideswiped
« on: 21 May 2010, 21:43:31 »

Had an interesting moment on my way home today.  I go on the M42 and then off to the local A roads where it all splits between the M42, M6 toll and the local roads.
As I approached the junction I'd been travelling along in lane 1, next to the hard shoulder, for a while.  A guy in an orange fiat van/ppl carrier in lane 2 gradually moves along side.  At this point there's loads of lanes across.  1 & 2 go off to the local roads, 3 and above go off to motorway.  The guy is now about 1ft ahead of me and just starts coming across to lane 1.  Initially I yield slightly and lay on the horns (stamping on everything I didn't really consider because it was so busy).  By the time I'm lifting off the gas it was too late.  We touched.  60mph and we just glance off each other.  Slight wobble but nothing dramatic.  I'm already next to the hard shoulder and ready to go off to local roads where we can compare damage and go from there, but wait, he glanced off me and almost immediately changes his mind about where he's going.  He dissappears off onto the motorway.  No gesticulating.  No mouthing off.  Just bounces off me and obviously doesn't want to go the way he was originally so intent going.

It was all a bit weird.  Didn't get his full reg, and since he didn't come off the motorway or stop neither did I.  Got home and couldn't tell any new dents from old ones.  Just felt a bit surreal like - did that really just happen? :)

I find I get pushed around a lit more in the little scabby corsa compared to the jag (or my migs when I had them).

Nickbat

Re: Sideswiped
« Reply #1 on: 21 May 2010, 21:49:13 »

Had an interesting moment on my way home today.  I go on the M42 and then off to the local A roads where it all splits between the M42, M6 toll and the local roads.
As I approached the junction I'd been travelling along in lane 1, next to the hard shoulder, for a while.  A guy in an orange fiat van/ppl carrier in lane 2 gradually moves along side.  At this point there's loads of lanes across.  1 & 2 go off to the local roads, 3 and above go off to motorway.  The guy is now about 1ft ahead of me and just starts coming across to lane 1.  Initially I yield slightly and lay on the horns (stamping on everything I didn't really consider because it was so busy).  By the time I'm lifting off the gas it was too late.  We touched.  60mph and we just glance off each other.  Slight wobble but nothing dramatic.  I'm already next to the hard shoulder and ready to go off to local roads where we can compare damage and go from there, but wait, he glanced off me and almost immediately changes his mind about where he's going.  He dissappears off onto the motorway.  No gesticulating.  No mouthing off.  Just bounces off me and obviously doesn't want to go the way he was originally so intent going.

It was all a bit weird.  Didn't get his full reg, and since he didn't come off the motorway or stop neither did I.  Got home and couldn't tell any new dents from old ones.  Just felt a bit surreal like - did that really just happen? :)

I find I get pushed around a lit more in the little scabby corsa compared to the jag (or my migs when I had them).

Probably on the phone.  >:( :(

tidla

• Omega Baron
  • solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21 May 2010, 22:36:18 »

on the phone , blind and no taste...
and no insurance.
« Last Edit: 21 May 2010, 22:37:37 by tapper888 »

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21 May 2010, 22:36:59 »

Hmm.. make sure you report the incident to the police within 24 hours.

Even though it's probably not going anywhere - it will offer you some protection if he later makes a complaint that it's your fault, and that you didn't stop at the scene of an accident :y

mr ICE man

• Intermediate Member
  • dolgellau wales
  • if it aint broke try and fix it
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 21 May 2010, 22:39:18 »

a fiat??

probably a wright off by now!!!
scream if you want to go faster!!!

HolyCount

« Reply #5 on: 21 May 2010, 23:11:34 »

Where's Gene when you need him ?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 22 queries.