Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Someone or something that has changed your life  (Read 1083 times)

Debs.

Re: Someone or something that has changed your life
« Reply #15 on: 10 December 2010, 21:09:35 »

One person I would always have liked to have got the chance to thank was the nurse who according to those who were there saved my life on the 12th October 1976 in Belfast.
My mate and I had a bad motorbike accident - hit the back of a car at around 80mph and then richoched into the traffic lights that the car had been stopped at.
A nurse was passing the scene in her car and firstly got my mate breathing, as he had swallowed his tongue, and had serious injuries.
She then attended to me - among other things my tib and fib were broken and had made an escape attempt just below my knee (which was also in many pieces) resulting in a deep hole from which blood was pumping like a fountain. She applied pressure etc to stem the bleeding until the ambulance turned up and then she disappeared into the crowd.
When I got to hospital I needed over 3 pints of blood, so if she hadnt stopped to help, it would probably have been a couple of corpses going in the ambulance.
The police put out an appeal on local radio etc for her to come forward but she never did. At the time I was  desperate to meet her, and thank her in any way possible, but it was not to be. :(

:o Oh dear Lord!.........she must have been your Angel. ;)

albitz

« Reply #16 on: 10 December 2010, 21:18:55 »

It certainly felt that way at the time. :y..... I believe my leg was close to having tied itself in a knot and she had to straighten it before she could do her work ::) I was 16 days short of my 17th birthday, so that was spent in hospital. Got out just before Christmas, probably because I told anyone who would listen that I would be home for Christmas no matter what. :)
« Last Edit: 10 December 2010, 21:19:39 by albitz »

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 10 December 2010, 21:42:17 »

So who would you like to meet again to say thankyou for what they did for you or your family as it changed your life forever.

Mine would be the staff at GOSHospital who repaired the heart of my 5month old daughter and looked after her while she recovered  so she could have  the chance to live her life to the full.........Even at 22 she is still my little miricale.

Same as you really, i'm meeting the man who saved my life & gave me & my family a future together, on Monday for a checkup & again on Wednesday when all of the people he has saved will gather for a Christmas get together to swap stories, compare scars, laugh, cry & give Thanks to an Inspirational and genuinely gifted man & his team of miracle workers! :y

Similar here, my GP, who pulled a few strings and the Consultant, who let him, who I last saw yesterday who saved my life by removing a lung saving my life. The continued support from them and the Macmillan Nurses who are always there for those difficult times, and the support group that they run, where we can 'share' our experiences and help those, newly diagnosed, and their families.... :y

skyblue

• Omega Knight
  • Bracknell
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 10 December 2010, 22:07:03 »

Some very touching stories here and Im very pleased we have such fine people who care so much to save our lifes or the life of a loved one..... I raise my hat to them all.

Our parents know how we feel about them (as parents  we do it for our kids now) so there is reason to shoulder any guilt for any hurt we put them thro as they did it because they cared for us as we were their flesh and blood and would move heaven and earth to protect us from any sort of danger
Caravaners  can only go as fast as the rest of the  other road users... so deal with it
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.221 seconds with 22 queries.