Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Just had an accident, hit a boy  (Read 906 times)

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
Just had an accident, hit a boy
« on: 15 February 2011, 09:15:17 »

I feel bloody awful. On the way back from taking swmbo to work I noticed a white estate waiting to turn right from a side road. I saw the car move slightly, so was on the brakes just in case. As luck would have it, I was in a 30mph limit and was already slowing in anticipation of this white estate coming out in front of me. Next thing I know, this boy aged about 15, walked straight out from the other side of the white car, never looked my way at all. I slammed down on the brakes and swerved to the right and caught him with the side. All I saw was his startled face coat, bags, etc in my side window.
As I was only going slow, I stopped a few yard further on, then  parked the car at the side of the road. As I got out fearing the worst, this boy came running up to me shouting .."I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry". I said not to worry about me, was he ok and he said he was not hurt.
It then turned out his dad was in the white estate, and he came over and asked the boy if he was ok. There were no accusations towards me at all. The boy kept saying he was ok, so after taking my name and phone number, the father said to the boy, "Come on, I'll take you to school", and off they went.
Although no injuries to me or any damage to the car, I still feel shocked and keep seeing his face.
I reported it to the police when I got back here. I was in such a daze, I never took their details . :( :( :( :( :(
Although I was completely in the right, I still feel rotten :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Wrong Switch Tony......flicking the wrong bit for 50 years

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
Re: Just had an accident, hit a boy
« Reply #1 on: 15 February 2011, 09:18:52 »

It certainly shakes you up ,glad everyone is ok and good that you have reported it just in case they do later
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

Omega_Dan

« Reply #2 on: 15 February 2011, 09:20:16 »

I feel bloody awful. On the way back from taking swmbo to work I noticed a white estate waiting to turn right from a side road. I saw the car move slightly, so was on the brakes just in case. As luck would have it, I was in a 30mph limit and was already slowing in anticipation of this white estate coming out in front of me. Next thing I know, this boy aged about 15, walked straight out from the other side of the white car, never looked my way at all. I slammed down on the brakes and swerved to the right and caught him with the side. All I saw was his startled face coat, bags, etc in my side window.
As I was only going slow, I stopped a few yard further on, then  parked the car at the side of the road. As I got out fearing the worst, this boy came running up to me shouting .."I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry". I said not to worry about me, was he ok and he said he was not hurt.
It then turned out his dad was in the white estate, and he came over and asked the boy if he was ok. There were no accusations towards me at all. The boy kept saying he was ok, so after taking my name and phone number, the father said to the boy, "Come on, I'll take you to school", and off they went.
Although no injuries to me or any damage to the car, I still feel shocked and keep seeing his face.
I reported it to the police when I got back here. I was in such a daze, I never took their details . :( :( :( :( :(
Although I was completely in the right, I still feel rotten :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

I think even though you were totally in the right all the 'What if's' start running through your head.

I had a near miss with a child running and that shook me up for days after.

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #3 on: 15 February 2011, 09:26:36 »

good news nothing happened to anyone.. :) :y

jonnycool

• Omega Baron
  • Merthyr Tydfil, S. Wales
  • We shag 'em, you eat 'em
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 15 February 2011, 09:31:40 »

Have to admit I feared the worst when I read the title of the thread, glad nobody got hurt  :y
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving probably isn't for you

jerry

• Omega Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 15 February 2011, 11:12:54 »

bound to shake you up for a bit, but main thing is that no-one was hurt. At the end of the day it wasnt your fault so try not to beat yourself up over it too much. I do understand what youre saying though as Im an FLT driver and you are always taught that whatever happens you are accountable as you are the driver but the things people do sometimes around forklifts is beyond stupidity and even though I know that really a near miss is down to their actions not mine the thought of the damage that couldve been done shakes you up for a while.

M

• Nottingham
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 15 February 2011, 11:20:30 »

Glad the little lad is ok, although obviously his own fault, main thing is everyone is fine

Could have been much much worse and dont blame you for feeling shook up

Take it easy matey
 :y

The only certainty of life is death. Live your life and enjoy it. The clock is ticking

Martin_1962

« Reply #7 on: 15 February 2011, 12:43:46 »

Hopefully one scare like this will make sure the lad is safe in future, luckily no injuries and no damage :y

Danny

• Omega Lord
  • Wigan, Greater Manchester
  • BLACK 1.6 BORA SHAPED JETTA!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 15 February 2011, 13:19:56 »

feel for you big time, 11-12 years ago i watched helplessly as the neighbours young boy ran out into the road into the path of a car, he went up the bonnet and slid a few yards into the road, the driver had no chance to react any sooner than she did

it turned out he escaped any serious injury and although he was a nasty little s**t it still knocked me sick

sotmh

• Intermediate Member
  • london
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 15 February 2011, 14:07:40 »

Yep, it can knock you for six.  At least everyones ok and no unpleasant comments made, unlike in my situation where I was about to park, a youth,his brother and his brothers girlfriend were passing by.  As I was  reversing into  my parking bay and i was looking in my drivers side wing mirror and moving with right hand down, the near side wing slung left and came close to them.  I had thought they had continued walking, but had stopped and therefore were in the path my wing was taking.  Nest thing I knew there was a thump on my bonnet and the youth was screaming at me.  I tried tto explain but to no avail and was threatend. 

It must be pointed out at this stage we have not really got on and I thing this made matters worse no end.  But I'm big an ugly enough to stand if need be.  But these youngsters, however not all, of  today obviously do not care one iota for any one.  Anyway, I reported it to police as a precaution and it is not necessarily in case of a claim being made.

In the mean time have tried my best to stay clear.
« Last Edit: 15 February 2011, 14:09:53 by wot »

Amigo

• Omega Baron
  • Immingham N.E Lincs.
  • Be objective, be selective.
    • Passat & Cortina GXL
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 16 February 2011, 22:31:24 »

I understand how you feel. i hadf an incident last monday. Luckily no one was hurt but it makes you think who much worse it might have been.
   I'm calming down now, you will too. :y
Curry makes the world go round!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 22 queries.