Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upgrading Seats and Door Cards  (Read 1183 times)

bedlinogboy

• View Profile
Upgrading Seats and Door Cards
« on: 22 August 2009, 10:35:06 »

I am about to put leather seats into my 99 GLS, would that entitle me to change the badges to a CD? Also would I need to inform my insurance company and also change the log book from GLS to CD?
Any Ideas folks
Alun

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Upgrading Seats and Door Cards
« Reply #1 on: 22 August 2009, 11:35:53 »

CD's had a few more toy's, in fact I dont think Ive ever seen a CD with Leather, CDX more likely, could be wrong.

Wack the Leather in, but I wouldn't go down the changing of badges thing, you could end up with all sorts of Insurance issues.

If your keen to lose the GLS badges, I would do exactley that, just De Badge it.  :y

summat

• Preston, Lancashire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 22 August 2009, 11:47:31 »

On the changing of the seats (ignoring the badging issue), that's notifiable to the insurers.

(I had this conversation this morning with Swinton - to explain a non standard but factory fit option for leather, but the woman patiently explained that "as new" it wasn't notifiable, however if I had fitted the seats after the car was first sold then it would become notifiable)

Dishevelled Den

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 22 August 2009, 12:16:03 »

The terms and conditions placed on insurance cover will vary between providers.

In most cases any addition or change to the original spec of the vehicle is notifiable and in this case you would be wise to do so.

Insurers will look for any excuse not to underwrite the vehicle in the event of a claim and should you be unlucky enough to have a busier than normal assessor looking at the claim, then you could come unstuck.

Today it's better to be safe than sorry, as the time to find out that your insurer will not be covering the vehicle - just because of such a breach of - is beforehand and not after the event. :y

goonv6

• Intermediate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 22 August 2009, 13:13:56 »

... however, the car isn't technically modified. Were you to make the claim, who's to say that the car hadn't already had it  fitted. After all, you don't declare leather on your standard policy. Don't shoot me down in flames here, just being devil's advocate.

KillerWatt

« Reply #5 on: 22 August 2009, 17:19:11 »

... however, the car isn't technically modified. Were you to make the claim, who's to say that the car hadn't already had it  fitted. After all, you don't declare leather on your standard policy. Don't shoot me down in flames here, just being devil's advocate.
I agree.
It's not going to improve the current value, and it sure as hell won't make any difference to a payout if it goes total loss.

Dishevelled Den

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 22 August 2009, 17:31:18 »

...but has been changed from original spec and of course a false statement would have to be made to state that the vehicle original and unmodified.

For the most part it wouldn't be an issue but if the claim was made as the result of a serious RTA where fatalities were involved for example, you can rest assured that the assessors would be going through it with a fine tooth-comb looking for an 'out'

humbucker

• Omega Baron
  • Cambridgeshire
  • VX Trade Card, Halfords Trade Card. Neat.
    • www.irmscherMV6.com
    • View Profile
    • www.irmscherMV6.com
« Reply #7 on: 24 August 2009, 15:52:45 »

if you bought the car second hand, the previous owner might have fitted the leather. you might not know this and consider it a standard feature, hence not declaring it. similarly im not sure removing the badges would make a difference. no more than fitting clear repeaters for example  ;D
http://www.irmscherMV6.com | #irmscherMV6
Genuine Tech1 and Tech2 diagnostic services for Vauxhalls and Saabs available in and around Cambs.
PM with your requests.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 22 queries.