Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ad: Nissan Navara 2.5D 4X4 double cab pick-up 2002  (Read 1756 times)

Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Glasgow
    • Irmscher 3.2 V6 Elite
    • View Profile
    • My Vauxhall Omega's
Ad: Nissan Navara 2.5D 4X4 double cab pick-up 2002
« on: 04 June 2010, 13:51:10 »

Just been offered a 2002 plate Nissan Navara 2.5D crew/double cab pick-up for £1,700.00, it has 73,000 miles on it and a few scrappes but nothing serious, its metallic blue and has the full hard-top for the pickup, what do you think??

I've also fancied a pick up truck ever since I saw "Broke Back Mountain" :-X :-X ,

It also has a full Nissan service history
« Last Edit: 04 June 2010, 15:52:57 by jim »
Vauxhall & Halfords Trade Club Card Holder - Irmscher 3.0 V6 Elite & Irmscher 3.2 V6 Elite

acura

• Lancashire
    • View Profile
Re: Ad: Nissan Navara 2.5D 4X4 double cab pick-up 2002
« Reply #1 on: 04 June 2010, 17:50:44 »

Nissan 4X4s are great on the whole but I believe there are issues with the diesel throwing conrods at this sort of mileage, I think it's the 2.2, not the 2.5 but it may be worth checking out. I understand Nissan is 'sympathetic' when this happens and a lot of vehicles have been sorted by now.

They are great trucks, nevertheless.  :y
From Consul 375 to Omega, 30 cars and counting.....

Omegatoy

• Omega Baron
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04 June 2010, 18:22:30 »

These engines are known to be troublesome with the crank being completely redsigned on later models to overcme the problems, at that price tho i wouldnt hesitate!!! only other fly in the ointment, is believe it or not all these types of 4x4 pick ups are to be reclassified as light commercials in the next year by vosa, now thats not sounding to bad until you realise that the mot would be at a truck testing centre and even worse they would be expected to pass an hgv brake test(swear to god this is true my mate is a vosa man) and they just cannot do it the brakes were never designed to do it!!!

however thats as said in the future, go for it mate!! if you dont want it send it to me in spain!!! :y

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04 June 2010, 19:20:15 »

Conrod issue was with D22 Navara. As said, engine was redesigned on D40. :y
2002 would be D22 but it has obviously been ok so far. :(
We have a 2007 D40 Navara Aventura DoubleCab. Nice truck with all the toys.  :y
« Last Edit: 04 June 2010, 19:26:14 by Alan-Hearn »
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

tidla

• Omega Baron
  • solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04 June 2010, 19:27:09 »

These engines are known to be troublesome with the crank being completely redsigned on later models to overcme the problems, at that price tho i wouldnt hesitate!!! only other fly in the ointment, is believe it or not all these types of 4x4 pick ups are to be reclassified as light commercials in the next year by vosa, now thats not sounding to bad until you realise that the mot would be at a truck testing centre and even worse they would be expected to pass an hgv brake test(swear to god this is true my mate is a vosa man) and they just cannot do it the brakes were never designed to do it!!!

however thats as said in the future, go for it mate!! if you dont want it send it to me in spain!!! :y

light commercials up to 3.0 -3.5t gvw is class seven.
still normal (motor vehicle class four ) test station :)

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04 June 2010, 19:30:42 »

Just been offered a 2002 plate Nissan Navara 2.5D crew/double cab pick-up for £1,700.00, it has 73,000 miles on it and a few scrappes but nothing serious, its metallic blue and has the full hard-top for the pickup, what do you think??

I've also fancied a pick up truck ever since I saw "Broke Back Mountain" :-X :-X ,

I had my suspicions ;D
Retired

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04 June 2010, 20:15:26 »

light commercials up to 3.0 -3.5t gvw is class seven.
still normal (motor vehicle class four ) test station :)

Been told that I will have to go to Class 7 station and not Class 4 as it has GVW of between 3000kgs and 3499kgs. Test station guy said main difference is addition of tyre load test.
Getting back to original thread, still a nice truck for the money. :y
« Last Edit: 04 June 2010, 20:24:29 by Alan-Hearn »
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Glasgow
    • Irmscher 3.2 V6 Elite
    • View Profile
    • My Vauxhall Omega's
« Reply #7 on: 05 June 2010, 00:01:09 »

I had my suspicions ;D
DON'T KNOCK IT, UNTIL YOU'VE TRIED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D
Vauxhall & Halfords Trade Club Card Holder - Irmscher 3.0 V6 Elite & Irmscher 3.2 V6 Elite

Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Glasgow
    • Irmscher 3.2 V6 Elite
    • View Profile
    • My Vauxhall Omega's
« Reply #8 on: 05 June 2010, 00:04:15 »

Well its actually in Northern Italy, its British spec RHD, a friend of mine is moving back to the UK and looking for a quick sale ;)

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 05 June 2010, 05:19:53 »

Here's what you'd pay in Ireland ...! >:(
http://www.autotrader.ie/search/Nissan/Navara/2.5di-Cr/201007196931840/advert?channel=CARS

Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Glasgow
    • Irmscher 3.2 V6 Elite
    • View Profile
    • My Vauxhall Omega's
« Reply #10 on: 05 June 2010, 10:04:19 »

http://www.autotrader.ie/search/Nissan/Navara/2.5di-Cr/201007196931840/advert?channel=CARS
Thats exactly the same as the one I've been offered :o

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 05 June 2010, 10:26:56 »

Jim's Ireland Exports about to be formed?  :)

Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Glasgow
    • Irmscher 3.2 V6 Elite
    • View Profile
    • My Vauxhall Omega's
« Reply #12 on: 05 June 2010, 13:32:41 »

Jim's Ireland Exports about to be formed?  :)
I think you might be right ;D ;D

Danny

• Omega Lord
  • Wigan, Greater Manchester
  • BLACK 1.6 BORA SHAPED JETTA!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 05 June 2010, 17:31:25 »

I had my suspicions ;D

he never said he hadn't!!

Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Glasgow
    • Irmscher 3.2 V6 Elite
    • View Profile
    • My Vauxhall Omega's
« Reply #14 on: 05 June 2010, 20:00:54 »

I had my suspicions ;D

he never said he hadn't!!
True, True!!! ;D ;D :-X
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 22 queries.