Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Auto Addict's 2.2 CD Auto Petrol  (Read 1832 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Auto Addict's 2.2 CD Auto Petrol
« Reply #15 on: 02 August 2010, 09:57:31 »

would that slight drone be a sort of 'ever so slightly, possibly, maybe, perhaps been abused a bit in the past' diff whine? ;D

No, diff noise is very rare. Its shite pattern exhausts that drone!
Dont compare all the V6's with the example you have ;)

Was going to say - no drone from my V6 until it's up to speeds unattainable by a 4 pot. ;)

Kevin
My eternal is definately noisier than the GM I had on before at 80mph, but not anywhere near as bad as Tunnie's v6
Grumpy old man

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 02 August 2010, 14:20:17 »

My eternal is definately noisier than the GM I had on before at 80mph, but not anywhere near as bad as Tunnie's v6

Yep. Mine got marginally worse when the gen. one failed. Soon got used to it though. It's only under load that it makes any noise so cruising is fine.

Mine is also blowing through one of the cat-to-mid pipe flanges. I went under to nip the bolt up last time I changed the oil, but, on seeing the state of the bolt, decided to leave it be. ;D

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 02 August 2010, 20:24:02 »

Yep. Mine got marginally worse when the gen. one failed. Soon got used to it though. It's only under load that it makes any noise so cruising is fine.

Mine is also blowing through one of the cat-to-mid pipe flanges. I went under to nip the bolt up last time I changed the oil, but, on seeing the state of the bolt, decided to leave it be. ;D

Kevin

When doing an oil change on it yesterday i noticed it has a Bosal system, its bloody awful though, really nasty drone at speed. Looking forward to replacing that when it goes
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 22 queries.